Barcelona 2021/22

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Seemingly Koeman is getting the sack within the next few games and the favourites to repalce him are

Erik Ten Hag and................

Brendan!
Happy Leicester City GIF by DAZN North America
Brendan is a good manager

That's no "release clause"; it's a "fuck off clause".

I'd be more interested to hear how much he's tied himself down for wage-wise, cos he hasn't got a hope in hell of getting out of there on his terms until that deal expires.
Release clauses are always reflected by high salaries - "If you want me to stay that badly, pay me accordingly" and conversely "If you want us to pay you that much money, we need guarantees you'll stick around".

Apparently Ansu Fati is set to get a billion dollar clausula de recisión as well...

From Marca, in English

All La Liga players have to have a release clause. Since Barca got caught by surprise when PSG decided 200 mill was worth paying for Neymar, they've protected their assets with even bigger clauses. I believe when Ronaldo was at Madrid his was 800 mill or so.

Pedri, Fati etc are the future of their rebuild, the jewels in the crown, so makes sense that they are putting the clauses out of any clubs reach.

Wasn't there a rebuild planned for Camp Nou? With a flash new roof etc. They probably have to put that on hold while they sort out their finances.
They had it up for a vote yesterday apparently to renovate the stadium and the surrounding area. Issue being that they would have to take out a loan that is almost as big as their current debt. It didn't pass the assembly.

Back
Top Bottom