Are the morals of our owners important to you?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Some say love it is a river
that drowns the tender
reed
some say love it is a razor
that leaves your soul to bleed.
Some say love it is a hunger
An endless, aching need
I say love it is a flower,
And you it's only seed.

It's the heart afraid of breaking
That never learns to dance
It's the dream afraid of waking
That never takes the chance
It's the one who won't
be taken'
Who cannot seem to give
And the soul afraid of dying
That never learns to live.

When the nigh has been
too lonely and the road
has been too long.
And you think that love is only
For the lucky and the strong.
Just remember in the winter
Far beneath the bitter snow
Lies the seed that with
the sun's love, in the
spring, becomes the rose.

Morals :ap:

kim-jong-un_650_050914125448_101414084444.jpg
Larry David Reaction GIF

Don't see the point.
What would it achieve ?
The nice things said after the breakaway debacle are forgotten
If you think that your season ticket entitles you to have an opinion, maybe you are living in delusion or needing to go into rehab.
I'm sure someone in the club reads the forums and then ignores them.

If you stop doing anything or going anywhere where you question the owner's morality - you will never leave your front door ... no supermarket, petrol station, bank will ever pass your morality test ...

Off course that doesn't mean you support their immoral acts, however there are other ways to protest rather than cutting off your nose to spite your face ...

At the end of the day owners come and go, better a rich one than a por one, supporting Spurs does not mean you've abandoned your moral compass, just as supporting City and now Newcastle doesn't either, that's just woke foolishness, we are not responsible for others actions only for our own.

Yes. If spurs were to be bought by a country that has serious human rights issues, i would straight up quit and look for another team. I dont own anything to spurs. We live in an age where we are moneystats and not a ‘community’ that live around the stadium. The moment oil money comes in im out.

I hate the idea of turning into a man city. Everything is so fake look at their shitty fanbase.

Same with Chelsea although they were lucky enough to have John Terry who was good enough to stay at the club and keep a bit of their identity. Same with the likes of mount and loftus cheek, Abraham.

If we did get taken over and literally had someone pour money in until we turn in to city.. it just wouldn't feel the same for me. Would lose that sense of achievement that sport is about.

It just feels so much sweeter beating the likes of city and Chelsea when we do.

Also on a side note I'm sick to death of talking about owners.

Makes you realise that no matter how bad things are, they could always be worse.

I saw a mate last night and he said that he was talking to a man city supporter yesterday, city tattoos all up his forearms and a season ticket. Anyway, he says he hates it there now, no atmosphere, he says people from London (!) sit behind him now and he gets so bored he looks at his phone during games! He reckons he's giving in his season ticket at the end of the season.

No need for super wealthy Arabs or any super wealthy owner pumping in silly money….We just need rid of the two balloons we have, the new stadium proves they haven’t a clue how the world works, and in particular how football works….

How we get that to happen is the million dollar question…..The only way I see is to make them so loathed they walk away….

Sadly we are stuck with these bin lids as there will never be enough loathing towards them and they know it, which is why they just keep fucking us over….

I’d give ENIC one season at Liverpool at best….
You only have to look at the unhappiness at United even though they pump fortunes into the squad. Their fans rioting because its not good enough. Our idiot fans such it up despite the fact we're just one attraction now at ENIC Arena London

Rather than hoping for billionaire tyrants coming in and activating cheat mode, I'm hoping that one day there will be salary and transfer caps that help to level the playing field.

Neither are going to happen :klinsmann:

There should have been a transfer, salary and agent fee Europe wide years ago. They could still do it with the right political will, it wouldn’t be able to affect current contract just future ones. But obviously there is to much of a gravy train for football to be saved.

Makes you realise that no matter how bad things are, they could always be worse.

I saw a mate last night and he said that he was talking to a man city supporter yesterday, city tattoos all up his forearms and a season ticket. Anyway, he says he hates it there now, no atmosphere, he says people from London (!) sit behind him now and he gets so bored he looks at his phone during games! He reckons he's giving in his season ticket at the end of the season.

Only way to be successful and not loose the soul of the club is to do what Liverpool have done. Build a team round a manager, scout well and behave intelligently.

Look at City and Chelsea, no-one cares when they win shit, not even their own fans, most of them don’t go to games anymore because it’s all bought and paid for. How much pride would you have buying a degree on the internet, none.

Issue is we don’t have the board with the vision to do that, they are all over the shop hiring and firing managers not suitable for the club. In that respect we are still masters of our own destiny but I don’t have much faith in Levy understanding football to pull it off. Levy is great at business but in terms of football I would trust most of the idiots on this board over him regarding who to employ as manager.

We need to look at what Liverpool are doing or even far smaller teams that us like Brighton and Brentford who are very successful.

I hate the idea of turning into a man city. Everything is so fake look at their shitty fanbase.

Same with Chelsea although they were lucky enough to have John Terry who was good enough to stay at the club and keep a bit of their identity. Same with the likes of mount and loftus cheek, Abraham.

If we did get taken over and literally had someone pour money in until we turn in to city.. it just wouldn't feel the same for me. Would lose that sense of achievement that sport is about.

It just feels so much sweeter beating the likes of city and Chelsea when we do.

Also on a side note I'm sick to death of talking about owners.
If Joe and Levy started funneling more money into Spurs (or most likely, the stadium starts generating profits that we can reinvest) we will still be competitive, but it will still be hard to "just win something". The non oil clubs are going to have to learn to not be picky about what trophies they pick up.

Also, with the way the game is going I think that we will have to accept that owners/investors will funnel money into clubs. Leicester's owners pump a lot of money into the club but they are seen as the fairy tail of the league. But their money is also not blood money so I can accept that.

If Spurs were bought out by a huge conglomerate like Amazon or Red Bull I could grudgingly accept it. At least then it is just pure capitalism at play. Newcastle now are a tool for sportswashing and that is something that I never want Spurs to turn into.

Premier League fit and proper person test: BLM, Stonewall, rights for disabled, champions of equality

Adolf Hitler: I would like to buy West Ham please.

Prem: we see that you did the Holocaust, started a war that wiped out tens of millions and brought devastation to the globe. We also see that you have allowed pirated prem football games to be shown in Germany.

Adolf Hitler: oh yeh sorry I shouldn’t have allowed the piracy

Prem: ok to will have to pay £1bn in compensation

Adolf Hitler: it’s done

Prem: you are now a fit and proper person and of good standing order to own a football club.

Sky TV:

landscape tumbleweed GIF

West Ham Fans:

west ham fans GIF by Star Sixes

Last edited:
If Joe and Levy started funneling more money into Spurs (or most likely, the stadium starts generating profits that we can reinvest) we will still be competitive, but it will still be hard to "just win something". The non oil clubs are going to have to learn to not be picky about what trophies they pick up.

Also, with the way the game is going I think that we will have to accept that owners/investors will funnel money into clubs. Leicester's owners pump a lot of money into the club but they are seen as the fairy tail of the league. But their money is also not blood money so I can accept that.

If Spurs were bought out by a huge conglomerate like Amazon or Red Bull I could grudgingly accept it. At least then it is just pure capitalism at play. Newcastle now are a tool for sportswashing and that is something that I never want Spurs to turn into.
Couldn't agree more mate

For me, an issue like Kane's 'gentleman's agreement' highlights this issue profoundly.

On here, countless people said "well if Kane trusted a verbal agreement with Levy, that's his stupid fault", yet we heard openly that City tried to make a second bid (rumoured to be £130M or so) Levy would not even take the call.

Now, imagine you were the star employee for a company, that your performance had driven exponential growth for the CEO, then you had a similar agreement that was reneged upon in this way (if Levy had at least gone to the table, he could in good faith look at Harry and say "they just couldn't match what you are worth to us Harry, really sorry"), clearly they misunderstand the human condition in this sense.

In a broader sense it's clear as people say, you don't become a multi-billionaire like Lewis without some very particular characteristics many hold as repugnant, such as complete lack of empathy in most, but it should not be lost that this is a man who has brought hardship onto millions with his dealings.

That was are still trying and failing to use a self sustaining model is what keeps my last few threads attached to the club, another set of vulgar backgrounds to stomach should we sell, to bring some form of success would finish it for me.

Seville is who I look to, perhaps not able to challenge for the title often, but grabs regular european trophies and gives fans hope of one day. (now someone will tell me they are run from Bull Fighting Blood Money or something!!!)

12 x's and counting for wanting to see my football team compete for and win titles!

NeglectedShabbyChimneyswift-max-1mb.gif

When that same machine, you will onto us, crushes the financial stability of you or your loved ones, will you feel the same, over Football?

You can say everyone will look away, or not care, but they will/do. Their souls wilt a little every time they are faced with the truth that suffering paid for Player X,Y,Z and poverty paid for trophy X,Y,Z.

This is the age of the illumination, all things brought to light by all data everywhere, atrocities that used to sit hidden are freely available.

To me, football is not worth a single human right abuse, ever. It's the worst sell out to say "they're all doing it, it's the only way" to me.

But, I am a tree hugging type, so get I'm an outlier.

Back
Top Bottom