BRENTFORD AT HOME - THURSDAY

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I thought it was a decent result, we are more solid and organised without being too deep in our own half (mostly). We carried a threat all game, mainly on the break.

I think it's pretty clear that if we give Conte quality players, he will produce an excellent team. Too many of these current players are not good enough though, mainly in possession. A lot to be optmistic about with Conte in charge though.

More comfortable game than I was expecting, Brentford are a very poor quality team individually, and didn't really try to play any football until we went 2-0 up on 65 min.

This Spurs team is so inept with the ball all over the pitch, quite a few who struggle technically, especially under pressure and seem incapable of making relatively easy passes. So even against championship quality teams we really struggle to play anything that flows, it's all very laboured, disjointed and forced.

Desperately need another attacking player (or three) who can control the ball and create something of quality and even more desperately need to add a couple of midfielders - a 6 with some football in him who's also got some dynamism and a decent 8 type who can progress the ball well.

And then we just need a LB a RB, 3 CB's and a goalie.

Ben Davies has been reborn under conte. Our most consistent defender imo.

Kane can’t continue to be this bad all season surely. I think a more creative midfielder and a proper number 9 and we’d be half decent

I enjoyed that, kept the energy going for most of the game. Skippy must have covered every blade of grass tonight, what a positive he can be for us this season.
Flippin' taters tonight though, can't believe I saw three guys in shorts, must have Geordie blood in them!
Good three points, onwards and upwards:)

More comfortable game than I was expecting, Brentford are a very poor quality team individually, and didn't really try to play any football until we went 2-0 up on 65 min.

This Spurs team is so inept with the ball all over the pitch, quite a few who struggle technically, especially under pressure and seem incapable of making relatively easy passes. So even against championship quality teams we really struggle to play anything that flows, it's all very laboured, disjointed and forced.

Desperately need another attacking player (or three) who can control the ball and create something of quality and even more desperately need to add a couple of midfielders - a 6 with some football in him who's also got some dynamism and a decent 8 type who can progress the ball well.

We have them but one can’t be bothered (Ndombele) and the other is always injured and saves his big performances for Argentina (Lo Celso).

Odegard again - how the fck did we get PEH and they got Odegard - fn Maureen!

Weve become such a negative team and some of our signings in recent years? Sanchez Bergwyjn sissoko seriously really do have to question the last 3 or 4 years worth of signings!

Defended well especially with Eric Beckendier at the back.

need to do more up top.

dno if we're good defensively because we have Skipp and PEH or if we're poor offensively because we have Skipp and PEH

Back
Top Bottom