BRENTFORD AT HOME - THURSDAY

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Good win but man we have so many issues.

The general footballing ability of the squad means we will always struggle to control games and finish them off early.

Some of the basic errors we make must drive Conte insane. I'm pretty sure he's never worked with a squad this technically poor.

But it is what it is. He will get us fitter and better drilled until we can upgrade personnel.

I would be amazed if we get top 4 given the state of the squad. It's very hard to make impactful January signings as well.

But the more training sessions Conte takes the more we will start to resemble a football team again so there is reason to be optimistic!
This season has been dross, truly, but if we win our game in hand we're 4th. Top 4 has to be the standard to which Conte is judged, because the squad is certainly capable of it. The reason we hired such an accomplished manager is to raise the level of the squad.

The real issue is we, and the rest of the league, are well behind the title contending top 3. Closing that gap has to be the focus in the summer, but for this season we should absolutely be looking for 4th. 5th is the minimum acceptable spot, though a disappointment, if we're running United close. 6th is a failure. Anything less and we might as well kept Nuno around and saved the buyout money.

Well, we've defended well there, Excellent games for Hugo, Dier and Davies.

I can't help but think that Brentford are the worst team I've seen us play all season but its a comfy win

COYS!

It's the new phenomena....

We played Brentford at their worst, Leeds at their worst, Newcastle at their worst, Villa at their worst, City at their worst.....

Everybody goes easy on us these days..... :pocheyes:

Last edited:
This season has been dross, truly, but if we win our game in hand we're 4th. Top 4 has to be the standard to which Conte is judged, because the squad is certainly capable of it. The reason we hired such an accomplished manager is to raise the level of the squad.

The real issue is we, and the rest of the league, are well behind the title contending top 3. Closing that gap has to be the focus in the summer, but for this season we should absolutely be looking for 4th. 5th is the minimum acceptable spot, though a disappointment, if we're running United close. 6th is a failure. Anything less and we might as well kept Nuno around and saved the buyout money.
But some said we were getting relegated under Nuno so 17th is ok

MOTM - Oli Skipp, by a country mile.

Kane was going to be my Nowhere Man, but he woke up a bit in the latter stages.

Solid performance. Something to build on.

Just want to say a big F U to all the Tottenham haters on here. Sorry they ruined your night by playing great.

This team is getting top four, I’ve been saying and I will keep saying it. The talent is there, Conte just needs time.

Odegard again - how the fck did we get PEH and they got Odegard - fn Maureen!

Weve become such a negative team and some of our signings in recent years? Sanchez Bergwyjn sissoko seriously really do have to question the last 3 or 4 years worth of signings!
Odegard has been hot garbage for them.

Our Squad is not a top 4 squad. So many poor signings, we are average. If we get top 4 it will be a fucking miracle and Conte will achieve god like status.

Wondering whether to play kane a number 10 role like eriksen just behind a new striker. His link up play is good. Not the energetic kane like he was under poch. Sunday if its easy street need to take him and son off. Warap in cotton wool. Busy schedule.

But some said we were getting relegated under Nuno so 17th is ok
Well that certainly wasn't happening. But we were shit, and as packed as the middle of the PL typically is we could've been anywhere from 7th to 12th if you ask me.

On talent, I think this squad is 5th/6th in the PL. A bad manager can make that 7th-9th. A good manager should make it 4th/5th. A great manager might flatter to deceive and get 2nd/3rd out of it. I don't think Sir Alex Bill Johan Rinus Michels Cruyff Shankly Nicholson could drag this squad to the top, though.

Odegard again - how the fck did we get PEH and they got Odegard - fn Maureen!

Weve become such a negative team and some of our signings in recent years? Sanchez Bergwyjn sissoko seriously really do have to question the last 3 or 4 years worth of signings!
Odegaard is fucking dross.

Wouldnt say dross yet. In all competitions but key month coming up then january window.

Back
Top Bottom