Tottenham Vs Palace - Boxing day - 3pm (Live on BT Sport)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Never judge a book by it's cover unless it's Wilf Zaha. He looks and acts like a really thick cunt.
Hahaha, spot on. As i said earlier, I didn't watch live but later without knowing the score. ¡How I celebrated his sending off, especially after the away game! I thoroughly loved it, I was jumping around, even though the game was long over.

Easily my "champagne moment" to use a cricket term, I was pissing myself laughing. The stupidity of it all made it all the funnier!

Agreed, but I still kept feeling he was the weakest of our back three. But that's a pretty minor thing today.

I think I need to watch again, but what is clear is how versatile the lad is. He's that sort of player that managers love, he will go out and do exactly what is told of him.

I know you'll disagree with the comparison, but Winks is similar in this regard, which is why he's still here, and managers still trust him. He'll do what it says on the box you make for him, if that's not stretching a metaphor too far.
About Tanganga , I like how he goes to hunt for the ball instead of standing and watching.

AAfter the liverpool game though, I was slightly disappointed that Winks didnt get a start today especially after we were 11 vs 10. Hed move the ball slightly quicker than our other CMs which is useful when their 10 men were camping in their half.

Yes I agree
Unfortunately I didn't catch the match I'm here in America and don't see many matches but I am a new fan only third season as a real Premier League soccer fan (I have liked the Columbus Crew in MLS) and third season as a Spurs fan. Good to see such excellent performance, and, as you say, To See Kane Look like he's Liking being here, Again. .. Personally I think it should almost be Expected of a goal from Sonny and a goal from Kane, Each contest. They are superb players being fed passes from some other very good players. Sonny and Kane ARE the reason I became a Tottenham Hotspur fan. If Coach Conte can keep up the Defensive progression towards fundamentals, then I feel Tottenham Should be a Premier Force to be reckoned with, For Many Years to come.

I hope I haven't said anything stupid like a newcomer sports fan shall...

Come On You Spurs!!!
Go Tottenham!!!
Anybody else read this with an American accent inside their head?

Agreed, but I still kept feeling he was the weakest of our back three. But that's a pretty minor thing today.

I think I need to watch again, but what is clear is how versatile the lad is. He's that sort of player that managers love, he will go out and do exactly what is told of him.

I know you'll disagree with the comparison, but Winks is similar in this regard, which is why he's still here, and managers still trust him. He'll do what it says on the box you make for him, if that's not stretching a metaphor too far.

As fans we might not always appreciate it but it's clear that managers do, not just at Spurs but across the board.
Spot on, Conte will love the lads versatility , every squad needs this type of player for injuries , suspensions etc. Puts a shift in where ever he plays

Anybody else read this with an American accent inside their head?
I Did Shrug GIF by Rosanna Pansino

Yes I agree
Unfortunately I didn't catch the match I'm here in America and don't see many matches but I am a new fan only third season as a real Premier League soccer fan (I have liked the Columbus Crew in MLS) and third season as a Spurs fan. Good to see such excellent performance, and, as you say, To See Kane Look like he's Liking being here, Again. .. Personally I think it should almost be Expected of a goal from Sonny and a goal from Kane, Each contest. They are superb players being fed passes from some other very good players. Sonny and Kane ARE the reason I became a Tottenham Hotspur fan. If Coach Conte can keep up the Defensive progression towards fundamentals, then I feel Tottenham Should be a Premier Force to be reckoned with, For Many Years to come.

I hope I haven't said anything stupid like a newcomer sports fan shall...

Come On You Spurs!!!
Go Tottenham!!!
This…is the most American thing I’ve ever read on here.

You missed a ‘yeehah’ at the end!

As for Lucas, if you can’t see a difference in his game under Conte, not sure what to tell you.

For years, he has brought energy/effort, but with tunnel vision. No ability to see and execute a pass. Now he is actually scanning the field, eyes up, while making his runs. Really think he has stepped up his game.

Kane remains our best passer and it’s not close.

Squad needs another CB that is comfortable driving the ball forward. (Will never be a Sanchez trait). A creative mid - PEH and Skipp are too similar to play together. An upgrade at RWB (Emerson is an ok squad player, but not starter level, Doc is Doc). And another striker.

4 adds and some sell-ons would really set us up for CL level success going forward. (ESP w Conte)

COYS

Back
Top Bottom