Tottenham Vs Palace - Boxing day - 3pm (Live on BT Sport)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That was an enjoyable watch today.

We all know the squad needs new blood and a few shipping out but what Conte is getting out of squad performance wise shows we have the manager, he just needs the owners to trust and back him.

I would hope a second striker and a creative midfielder can be brought in over the next window, still convinced we look more of an attacking threat when son is paired up top with kane rather than the three behind Kane.

I have not been a fan of moura or sanchez over the last season or so but fair play, both turned in good performances today and skipp seems to improve every time he plays.

Emerson at last showed he can cross a ball today, reguilon needs to start doing the same, his positional play and attacking threat are there but his final ball is severely lacking

Its just so refreshing to be looking forward to the next match after the last couple of years
I think you're being slightly unfair on my near neighbour there. I thought he had a great game, and crossed well, not his fault that others couldn't get on the end of them.

Whatever, our back five all had very decent games, admittedly against a piss-weak attack. And there, Skipp and PEH deserve credit.

To me, it looked liked a fine team performance overall. No superstars, no flops. Everyone working for everyone else.

YIDS

I thought it was Christmas, Spurs had won 3-0, Harry was back scoring goals, Hammers had lost and we had games in hand with Champions League in sight. Oh yes, most importantly Conte was still the manager and in this site everybody was saying their favourite Christmas carol.

But no, I was wrong. I read a few posts where people are tearing each other to bits and appearing to hate some players.

So I guess it’s not Christmas. Spurs lost, Harry is signing for Chelsea on a free, Conte has gone back to Italy and Levy is the caretaker manager.

No wonder there is so much anger and strife in this thread.

How many days are there to Christmas?

Angry Lance Barber GIF by CBS

I hate when my parents fight.
Yes it's quite ridiculous really.

After every victory you get a handful bitter, angry posters who can't stop themselves using what should be a joyous occasion to attack and vilify other fans.
The Outsider The Outsider , I'm looking at you.
There's really no need for it and this board would be a far better place without it.

Fighting and posturing should be limited to when we lose, not when we win FFS

Let's all celebrate together

tottenham hotspur GIF

Thoroughly enjoyed the game, it’s lovely to see patterns of play beginning to evolve even at this early stage of Contes’ reign.The players look like they are understanding the specific roles and playing with smiles on their faces. Watching Spurs is fun again!!

Yes I agree
Unfortunately I didn't catch the match I'm here in America and don't see many matches but I am a new fan only third season as a real Premier League soccer fan (I have liked the Columbus Crew in MLS) and third season as a Spurs fan. Good to see such excellent performance, and, as you say, To See Kane Look like he's Liking being here, Again. .. Personally I think it should almost be Expected of a goal from Sonny and a goal from Kane, Each contest. They are superb players being fed passes from some other very good players. Sonny and Kane ARE the reason I became a Tottenham Hotspur fan. If Coach Conte can keep up the Defensive progression towards fundamentals, then I feel Tottenham Should be a Premier Force to be reckoned with, For Many Years to come.

I hope I haven't said anything stupid like a newcomer sports fan shall...

Come On You Spurs!!!
Go Tottenham!!!
Just the "Coach Conte" bit mate... 😜

Whatever, welcome to the madhouse that being a Spurs supporter has sucked you into.

We are the Hotel California of Football teams!

Lucas is such a quick player and remarkably strong for a little guy, I think having a clear attacking system works for him, without it he looks erratic but with confidence and structure he is very dangerous.
Hated him at Spurs but decent this season and even better under Conte. Bravo

Yes I agree
Unfortunately I didn't catch the match I'm here in America and don't see many matches but I am a new fan only third season as a real Premier League soccer fan (I have liked the Columbus Crew in MLS) and third season as a Spurs fan. Good to see such excellent performance, and, as you say, To See Kane Look like he's Liking being here, Again. .. Personally I think it should almost be Expected of a goal from Sonny and a goal from Kane, Each contest. They are superb players being fed passes from some other very good players. Sonny and Kane ARE the reason I became a Tottenham Hotspur fan. If Coach Conte can keep up the Defensive progression towards fundamentals, then I feel Tottenham Should be a Premier Force to be reckoned with, For Many Years to come.

I hope I haven't said anything stupid like a newcomer sports fan shall...

Come On You Spurs!!!
Go Tottenham!!!
Fucking Yank newbies...

Judge Judy Reaction GIF

Just a rampage or two of disagrees through the Lucas thread and anyone who dares criticize lo celso. His “opinions” have become a joke at this point. I really can’t figure out any rhyme or reason to his polarized opinions.
It's a relatively simple formula really...

1. Read the thread and guage popular opinion,
2. Take the opposite stance,
3. Stick a kiss on any post that makes remote sense,
4. Ignore every logical point made, then double down on the "opinion" to make things spikey,
5. Bask in the glory of his notoriety.

1+2x4=5

maths GIF

Tanganga looks surprisingly good today. Better as a CB than a fullback 100%.
Agreed, but I still kept feeling he was the weakest of our back three. But that's a pretty minor thing today.

I think I need to watch again, but what is clear is how versatile the lad is. He's that sort of player that managers love, he will go out and do exactly what is told of him.

I know you'll disagree with the comparison, but Winks is similar in this regard, which is why he's still here, and managers still trust him. He'll do what it says on the box you make for him, if that's not stretching a metaphor too far.

As fans we might not always appreciate it but it's clear that managers do, not just at Spurs but across the board.

I thought it was Christmas, Spurs had won 3-0, Harry was back scoring goals, Hammers had lost and we had games in hand with Champions League in sight. Oh yes, most importantly Conte was still the manager and in this site everybody was saying their favourite Christmas carol.

But no, I was wrong. I read a few posts where people are tearing each other to bits and appearing to hate some players.

So I guess it’s not Christmas. Spurs lost, Harry is signing for Chelsea on a free, Conte has gone back to Italy and Levy is the caretaker manager.

No wonder there is so much anger and strife in this thread.

How many days are there to Christmas?
Was that one with the ghost of Marley?

Back
Top Bottom