Tottenham Vs Palace - Boxing day - 3pm (Live on BT Sport)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not been in long, so apologies that I'm not going to read the posts up to now. Suffice to say, I enjoyed the game today, and it looked like the players did too.
I'm not one to analyse a game to death, but what I did take away from today was that we are playing to a system, and have belief in each other; love the team spirit that is being rebuilt by Antonio.
Billy, the electrician from DIY SOS, was sitting a few rows behind me, he was lapping up the attention.
A guy in front of me shouted out to Zaha that he was 💩, and I was surprised to see Zaha react. Of course, the guy did it again and again, Zaha got himself quite wound up, which probably led to him making that daft challenge.
Anyway, my MOTM was Emerson, closely followed by Skippy and Lucas, but I love games where you can make a case for near enough the whole team.
It's just such a pleasure to look forward to games again.
Thank you Antonio.

Classic clogger prick - hope we fuck him off asap
You're so weird. Firstly apparently not enjoying to the full a great Boxing Day win, secondly, picking out Hojberg for your necessary hatred of our players. Shame there was no Winks, and Dier and Sánchez played well, so lets pick someone else out....

Truth is that PEH had a very decent 6.5-7 game without doing anything special. You probably haven't noticed that that's entirely typical of central midfielders.

Do you honestly think that all the greats in that position - Guardiola, Redondo, Pirlo, Xabi Alonso and so on didn't play like Hoddle at his prime every game, pinging wonderballs around the field and ghosting past every opponent? Or Rice or Kanté today? Of course they don't, most of their games they keep things simple, win the ball, move it on, keep things ticking over. And they go in after a hard shift to huge praise from their managers and teammates.

Honesty, I despair sometimes

Last edited:
Yeah good post.

Its easy to look at that post and wonder, however like you, I welcome Jnrbuckeye2756 Jnrbuckeye2756 to the forum.

It can only be a good thing if we are gaining new and younger supporters globally. I have no reason to doubt his support.

We have quite a few very ardent American supporters here.
Glad to see these more welcoming messages.
I’ve been Spurs for 7 years now - my son researched EPL back then and chose Tottenham for us. (Bright boy)

Still learning the depth of the game, but never miss a game these days.

Biggest advice I can give the new US fans: try to learn English spellings and avoid the inevitable cunt-offs on here!

No Idea how they got on.

Not trolling at all to point out the truth about what a piece of shit Lucas is.
1) He’s not a piece of shit. Whatever you think of him as a player, he’s a hard worker and a good bloke. That description is out of line.

2) Even if you think he’s shit (and I’m not his biggest fan), any attacking player with 2 assists and a goal, which he helped to craft as well as score, deserves praise from every single Spurs fan. It doesn’t mean you think he’s Messi, or that your previous opinion of him was wrong, just that today he’s delivered what you want from an attacking player.

I would say you’re acting like a sour child, but let’s be honest, you’re actually acting like a cunt.

Solid win. The sort you see regularly from good sides who haven’t played spectacularly.

Lovely feeling around the club right now.

Yes I agree
Unfortunately I didn't catch the match I'm here in America and don't see many matches but I am a new fan only third season as a real Premier League soccer fan (I have liked the Columbus Crew in MLS) and third season as a Spurs fan. Good to see such excellent performance, and, as you say, To See Kane Look like he's Liking being here, Again. .. Personally I think it should almost be Expected of a goal from Sonny and a goal from Kane, Each contest. They are superb players being fed passes from some other very good players. Sonny and Kane ARE the reason I became a Tottenham Hotspur fan. If Coach Conte can keep up the Defensive progression towards fundamentals, then I feel Tottenham Should be a Premier Force to be reckoned with, For Many Years to come.

I hope I haven't said anything stupid like a newcomer sports fan shall...

Come On You Spurs!!!
Go Tottenham!!!
This…is the most American thing I’ve ever read on here.

You missed a ‘yeehah’ at the end!

Amateur hour by the PL.

Their guidelines on this is as clear as mud.

Its obvious CP want this game called off. Whilst Im all for precautions, relying on a Club to provide updates in the hours ( not days ), before a game is nonsense.

For me, I would be pissed off, but nothing compared to the fans preparing to attend.

As mentioned by a poster above, the PL should send out independent testing contractors. Otherwise, this will lead to Clubs playing mind games right up until kickoff.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom