Tottenham Vs Palace - Boxing day - 3pm (Live on BT Sport)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It is all abit stupid now, need some clarity. Can't have one rule for one team and one rule for another.
...oh but thay can, and they have!
The FA were quite firm a few years ago;

The situation was so drastic that Spurs requested a postponement, only to be told that a failure to fulfil the fixture could lead to a points deduction. Jol had little choice but to field many of the players who had spent the previous evening - and much of the morning - being violently sick.

They are not sequencing every case though, we simply don’t have the capacity to do that. Assume at this point that the majority of cases are Omicron. There’s no way that with 120k cases a day we are still dealing with mainly Delta cases. It just can’t spread that fast.
my wife and daughter tested poisitve on the 22nd... Xmas behind doors for us again this year. Got my tickets for today, a bit stuck now tbh.

State of some of those replies

The top comment is something like.

"get a grip...... Its not going to impact you that bad, you're a couple of London clubs..... Its not like you'll be travelling from Newcastle......."

:avbnaa:

Pricks - I live relatively close, but I'd still need to leave about 11:30.

Tottenham vs Crystal Palace expected to go ahead despite COVID-19 outbreak at away side

Crystal Palace's trip to Tottenham Hotspur is currently expected to go ahead despite a COVID-19 outbreak at the south London club.

The Athletic understands Palace's players were told to stay at home rather than gathering at a hotel – the usual pre-match routine – on Christmas Day due to positive tests among staff. A number of players have also tested positive for the virus.

Reports on Saturday night suggested the match was to be postponed. However, it is also understood that no official request was made to the Premier League on Christmas Day to postpone Sunday's game. A request did go in in the early hours of Sunday morning.

Palace's players are thought to be gathering now for further tests. It is now anticipated that the Boxing Day match will take place, unless there are further positive cases.

I mean I want to buy them.
This was posted earlier:

Not sure this is the right place to post this or not but I am fan from the US was planning to come to the game against CP and I tried to resell but no luck so I have 5 tickets for the match - I am willing to give them to someone who will use them - no strings attached - Merry Christmas. They are E-tickets and I can forward you the information - first person to message me will get them - this is not a scam :)

As much as it sucks to call off a match at the last minute, Shirley the health conditions should dictate it, rather than the inconvenience it causes to the fans.

I mean, even if there are clear guidelines, e.g. if less than 5 positives the evening before the match goes on, what if there are an additional 10 positives the day of? Yes, the tests should be done first thing in the morning, but even that would not be enough advance notice for a number of fans.

So yeah, it's a clusterfuck, but what are the alternatives?

Back
Top Bottom