Tottenham Vs Palace - Boxing day - 3pm (Live on BT Sport)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That’s fucked it then. Fucking stripey Nigel’s are a bock for us
Didn't we play them on Boxing Day or the day after a few years back (2016? 2017?) and thrashed the fuck out of them, 5-0 or 5-1? I remember going to a pub with my brother-in-law and niece to watch it in a country pub near Newbury and having a fine old time with a few other Yids who were there.

KNf0w9o.jpg

Gollini, Royal, Rodon, Tanganga, Skipp, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Dele, Kane

Think again.

"Harry Kane's on fire at this time​

Tottenham talisman Harry Kane enjoys this time of year.

The England captain has netted in all five of his Premier League outings on Boxing Day and scored eight on the date in total.

That tally means he is just one short of Robbie Fowler's top-flight record."

Didn't we play them on Boxing Day or the day after a few years back (2016? 2017?) and thrashed the fuck out of them, 5-0 or 5-1? I remember going to a pub with my brother-in-law and niece to watch it in a country pub near Newbury and having a fine old time with a few other Yids who were
Nigel’s?
Stripey Nigel’s. Can’t remember where or when I first heard them called that. Donkeys years ago but stuck with me.

Didn't we play them on Boxing Day or the day after a few years back (2016? 2017?) and thrashed the fuck out of them, 5-0 or 5-1? I remember going to a pub with my brother-in-law and niece to watch it in a country pub near Newbury and having a fine old time with a few other Yids who were there.
Think we smashed Southampton and Bournemouth by 5 in the 2 years we were at Wembley on Boxing Day.

"A couple of cases" of COVID-19 have been confirmed amongst Crystal Palace players, said Patrick Vieira.
In his press conference before the Tottenham Hotspur game, the manager explained: "We hope we’re going to be okay [to face Spurs] but when you’re looking at the number of cases around we start to be worried.
"We had a couple of cases in our football club in the last couple of days. We try our best to prevent the situation but it is worrying because the evolution for the next couple of days we don’t know how it will go.
"I’m not worried about the players’ welfare regarding the [frequency of] games during this period because it’s been like that for years and years. I’m worried about their welfare regarding COVID. Players coming back from the COVID situation and asking them to play with not enough training is a lot on them."

"Tottenham are unbeaten in their last 14 league games on Boxing Day (W11 D3) since a 2-0 loss at Portsmouth in 2003-04. It's the longest ongoing unbeaten run on this day by any side within the top four tiers of English football"
What a turnaround. I used to hate Boxing day matches, I think it was late 60's and 70's. Always seemed to lose and frequently to a rival London team. Now whilst Palace are a London team they are not one of our main rivals.

Back
Top Bottom