Tottenham Vs Palace - Boxing day - 3pm (Live on BT Sport)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"I think five subs regarding the period that we are in at the moment can be the right answer for us as a manager. But I don't think that would be fair for the top five teams and the rest of us," Vieira told reporters ahead of the Boxing Day clash away to Tottenham Hotspur.

Well, that's clear then, innit?

"A couple of cases" of COVID-19 have been confirmed amongst Crystal Palace players, said Patrick Vieira.
In his press conference before the Tottenham Hotspur game, the manager explained: "We hope we’re going to be okay [to face Spurs] but when you’re looking at the number of cases around we start to be worried.
"We had a couple of cases in our football club in the last couple of days. We try our best to prevent the situation but it is worrying because the evolution for the next couple of days we don’t know how it will go.
"I’m not worried about the players’ welfare regarding the [frequency of] games during this period because it’s been like that for years and years. I’m worried about their welfare regarding COVID. Players coming back from the COVID situation and asking them to play with not enough training is a lot on them."
Doom Funk Doom Funk

I love that you "disagreed" with this.

It's literally a quote from Vieira ffs.

"I think five subs regarding the period that we are in at the moment can be the right answer for us as a manager. But I don't think that would be fair for the top five teams and the rest of us," Vieira told reporters ahead of the Boxing Day clash away to Tottenham Hotspur.

Well, that's clear then, innit?

Compromise. 4 subs plus a goalkeeper if necessary.

Clearly as a top 5/6 club you have more quality to call on, but equally the current impact of Covid cannot be denied.

I'm a close contact so I'm isolating for the next few days.

This was the one fucking thing I was looking forward too. it's getting ridiculous now.

The Gooners of course play Norwich so they'll be fucking 4 games ahead.

All for safety and caution, but hard to understand how this is being called off if it’s just two backroom staff members testing positive. Is it a close contact thing?

Seems to still just be "Football London" saying this, but they're hardly lying.

FFS why us!

I'd honestly love if we agreed to go to Burnley tomo and play. (I know that can't happen)

Can we get some confirmation - I can’t see anything in the BBC or Premier League website.
Yeah only coming from a Palace journo currently, though he seems well respected, no official confirmation yet at league or club level.

people question GIF

Back
Top Bottom