Watford VS Tottenham Saturday Jan 1st 2022 @3PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He absolutely was not. You can cite as many stats as you want, but it's pointless winning duels to cross the ball 13 times when only 1-2 of those crosses at best were of any threat to the opposition. He had more space and time than any player on the pitch and Watford allowed him to have it for the 90 because he was that poor when it came to the final third.

Having no pre-season and not speaking English does not stop a player from being able to cross a ball, he doesn't look like he's struggling with the setup or fitness or communicating, he looks like he can't swing in a cross. At all.

He makes tackles. He has a good first touch and is athletic & purposeful. But in that attacking RWB role today he was utterly wasteful, every 5 minutes he was handed an opportunity to make something happen and he failed over and over. James or TAA given that space & time pick up 2-3 assists, no question at all.

You can either encourage a young player and see the facts. Or speculate and pull Spurs young players down.

I choose the former.

Happy New Year.
If only Emerson is on fighting cock.

Good attitude but v wasteful in the final third. We should never get rid of trippier.

Aurier could cross but he was a time bomb with his concentration

Mother of pearl.

Your comments just made me look up his deal, 10million a year for five years up in 2024?

So there's two more years of a player not even Conte can get a tune out of?

How the fuck did this happen?

He's a fucking disgrace. I bet he votes Tory.

It's a good thing levy was bald before he signed.

I agree, loan him out but we'd have to pay the majority of his wages so we don't have to look at the cunt, if he decides to play then at least we could get back some of the money that's been wasted.

Alternatively, if you could bottle his arrogance and lack of self awareness and sell it for like, er say, £50 to £70 a gram, levy could pay off the stadium and buy the Real Madrid or PSG team to play in it.
Or we can actually play him in a 352 or 532 and take defensive responsibilities off him and allow him flourish.
Conte isn’t keen on creative players tbh. And he would rather sigh another DM than a ball playing midfielder with an eye for a pass(of course not too many would be available this window, wonder what our scouts do for a living)
With 5 defenders and 2 DM’s I don’t know why he can’t just play Ndombele as a 3rd in a central attacking role.
We are boring to watch, and even though we are not leaking in goals we are not convincing enough. Not even against 10 men.

Or we can actually play him in a 352 or 532 and take defensive responsibilities off him and allow him flourish.
Conte isn’t keen on creative players tbh. And he would rather sigh another DM than a ball playing midfielder with an eye for a pass(of course not too many would be available this window, wonder what our scouts do for a living)
With 5 defenders and 2 DM’s I don’t know why he can’t just play Ndombele as a 3rd in a central attacking role.
We are boring to watch, and even though we are not leaking in goals we are not convincing enough. Not even against 10 men.
think the problem would be the central attacking midfielder role would take Moura out of the team,
Moura is filling the AM type role (but being in a "front 3"
I would rather we got a creative MF and went to 352,

It's pointless winning duels to cross the ball 13 times when only 1-2 of those crosses at best were of any threat to the opposition. He had more space and time than any player on the pitch and Watford allowed him to have it for the 90 because he was that poor when it came to the final third.

I think Wrighty is an honest pundit on MOTD but he coated off Royal's crossing in this game.

I don’t care if he’s got the third biggest tackle in the PL (after Lukaku apparently!), but he still can’t cross a ball
tMR8KKUH_400x400.jpg

Knew a bloke who worked for NCP.
Woman customer complained that the car park was shut when she returned.
"There is a 3 foot sign at the entrance saying we shut at 5pm."
She replied "What about motorists that are blind?"

All were poor today. But Emerson was one of the Spurs better players.

Emerson Royal's game by numbers vs Watford:

89% pass accuracy

113 touches

13 crosses

8 touches in opp. box

7 duels won

6 chances created

5 take-ons attempted

3 take-ons completed

2 tackles

1 interception

He is the 3rd best tackler in the PL and people need to get off his back and encourage him.

He has had no pre season. He does not speak English. He is 22.

While I’m going off on one:

Son Most touches in opp. box (9) Emerson had 8
Oh FFS

How come we didn't win 5-0 then

:mourshock:

Back
Top Bottom