where you predict tottenham finish next season

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we do bring in Soldado, and Ade regains the form of 2011/12 then I don't think any team in the PL is clearly better than us. I can't see Woolwich being our competition for this coming season. Woolwich will be competing for fourth with United. In my opinion Chelsea and City are our main competition. That said, I cannot remember having a deeper squad than we have now. I cannot remember having a better "first XI" than we currently have. Looking at Chelsea's and City's squad there is only one type of player that we appear to be missing compared to City and Chelsea. An Oscar, or a Mata, or a David Silva. That being side, Paulinho could be our man, according to the Corinthians fan he is. I don't know if he is or not, I haven't seen enough of him. Apart from that, we have as good or better in every position.

I think Moyes is overrated as a manager. No trophies in what 10 years as a manager at Everton. How did he end up managing one of the biggest clubs in the world?

It must be a long time since we had a more successful manager than Man U, and I wonder if Swansea ever have before?

I assume Fergie will be 'advising' Moyes, and that's why he's manager rather than a big name who would seem more at Man U's level.

I think Utd will finish above us no danger, but Chelsea or City might pip Utd to the title.

If we kept Bale and got in Soldado and Vlad, we'd have a good as team/squad as anyone 'on paper'. But our lack of winning mentality, the appalling decisions against us by refs, the media's constant attacks on us, and the lack of passion by far too many of our home fans will surely mean us not in the title race at the business end of the season.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom