January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So latest excuse from ENICbois for today is:

We don't need to sign abybody because Cheslea and City (our arrivals!!) haven't signed anyone eiter

:akabusi:

Objectively, yes things aren't THAT terrible. We aren't in league 1 or battling relegation.

But as long as fans accept mediocre footballing ambition they'll get it.

I just wish as a collective we will all see that (even if you don't agree with it fully) a united front that almost unanimously demands true footballing ambition is the way to get the ownership to listen.

Right now we are scattered and split and it's exactly what politicians strive for among a population to prevent any real voice shining through so they can go ahead, take advantage and prioritise their own PERSONAL agenda.

In the end, we ALL want trophies so we can enjoy the feeling of winning..... well..... anything.

Why wouldn't you support a message that would increase the chance of achieving that?

Objectively, yes things aren't THAT terrible. We aren't in league 1 or battling relegation.

I just wish as a collective we will all see that (even if you don't agree with it fully) a united front that almost unanimously demands true footballing ambition is the way to get the ownership to listen.

Right now we are scattered and split and it's exactly what politicians strive for among a population to prevent any real voice shining through so they can go ahead, take advantage and prioritise their own PERSONAL agenda.

In the end, we ALL want trophies so we can enjoy the feeling of winning..... well..... anything.

Why wouldn't you support a message that would increase the chance of achieving that?

I tend to take a view based upon the stadium as opposed to internet noise......

On that basis I tend to think most people would rather concern themselves with supporting the team, rather than making demands.....

That said if most fully invested supporters (note: "supporters" not "fans") were presented with a progressive movement to rally behind; that wasn't merely toxic internet shit-flinging many more might get behind a "please invest more, ENIC" message.

Until then look at how embarassingly-ill attended the pre-match protests are and the plane-banner that was abandoned before take-off for a flavor of how the land lies within the most committed of our supporter-base.

12/31 is more 40% than 50%.

Just saying.
monty python GIF

Why do they need to sign anybody - complete non-point

We are in far deeper shit than them - all of those have far better depth that us

Plese just stop

If your roof is leaking but your neighbour's isn't - would you not repair yours becuase he isn't - LMFAO
So you’re saying that Manchester United, Woolwich and West Ham have absolutely no deficiencies or issues in their squads and have all they need to target fourth spot, despite us being ahead of one with a game in hand and a win from overtaking the other two with a game in hand?

I’m not disputing your point of view, merely making sure I understand it.
So latest excuse from ENICbois for today is:

We don't need to sign abybody because Cheslea and City (our arrivals!!) haven't signed anyone eiter

:akabusi:
Please show where I said we didn’t need to sign anyone? That’s not my point of view, and there are multiple posts from me in this thread saying that I do want to signings. Also, please show where I said Chelsea and City are our rivals? As, though I may be misreading my own post here so please forgive me if I am in fact that stupid, I think I said that the other three sides were our rivals and that was just me expanding my list to other sides who were competing for something (albeit at a higher level than us).

I’m no ‘Enicboi’ whatever the fuck that is, I just choose to address the window after the window, not 1/3 of the way through it.

So you’re saying that Manchester United, Woolwich and West Ham have absolutely no deficiencies or issues in their squads and have all they need to target fourth spot, despite us being ahead of one with a game in hand and a win from overtaking the other two with a game in hand?

Please show where I said we didn’t need to sign anyone? That’s not my point of view, and there are multiple posts from me in this thread saying that I do want to signings. Also, please show where I said Chelsea and City are our rivals? As, though I may be misreading my own post here so please forgive me if I am in fact that stupid, I think I said that the other three sides were our rivals and that was just me expanding my list to other sides who were competing for something (albeit at a higher level than us).

I’m no ‘Enicboi’ whatever the fuck that is, I just choose to address the window after the window, not 1/3 of the way through it.
We have the most shit to sort out of all those around us - fact

Half the window has gone now and no solid bids even made - even though Conte went ot record saying we need to sign and need quality

This is inexcusable

I tend to take a view based upon the stadium as opposed to internet noise......

On that basis I tend to think most people would rather concern themselves with supporting the team, rather than making demands.....

That said if most fully invested supporters (note: "supporters" not "fans") were presented with a progressive movement to rally behind; that wasn't merely toxic internet shit-flinging many more might get behind a "please invest more, ENIC" message.

Until then look at how embarassingly-ill attended the pre-match protests are and the plane-banner that was abandoned before take-off for a flavor of how the land lies within the most committed of our supporter-base.

I think undying support for a business is a form of brainwashing.

Apathy = continued cycle of disappointment

An active willingness to group together = a step towards encouraging a change that benefits everybody

The movement needs to start on forums. It's the only place where thousands of spurs fans discuss the team.

Just to clear up a few threads on here:

We are currently 38.762% of the way through this window. That's taking into account the 11pm finish.

We gonna be the Heston Blumenthal of melting!

I don’t believe anybody is a) accepting of mediocrity or b) thinks that we should be happy just not fighting relegation or in league 1.

As you say, we all want trophies and to enjoy the feeling of winning.

I just thinking that some of us, having just hired Conte, are waiting to see how things play out before grabbing the pitchforks.

Believe you me, I’ll be leading the masses in a siege on Hotspur Way if 01 February arrives with the squad not Tanguy improved.

Goons: PEA is as good as banished and once again they're pinning their entire season on their kids holding up under the pressure of their under-performing seniors.
WH: Spammer & media narrative is that without Antonio they'll be fucked and that they're also spread perilously thin in defense thanks to injuries.
Utd: McFred is the 'dream' MF combo apparently

All commonly found rhetoric accross the media and fans alike.

......But, as always "only Spurs", innit.

We have the most shit to sort out of all those around us - fact
Subjective views and facts are not the same thing. We have shit to short out, so do they. If they do and we don’t then we’re fucked, but we’re not there yet.
Half the window has gone now and no solid bids even made - even though Conte went ot record saying we need to sign and need quality
35% of the window, given that you deal in facts.
This is inexcusable

People need to have a balance between what is unacceptable behaviour from ENIC and what is to be expected in January.

Balance people.
I think we all expect 2-3 incomings to improve the first team and squad, and nobody will be happy if we fall short. We just have different ways of expressing this.

Back
Top Bottom