January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He does but not as much as he should do (in my opinion). As there is so much hate for Levy, his (and the scouting teams mistakes get glossed over. Like he has his own bald shit screen :levyeyes:

Seems like a load of people are pointing their fingers at him in here:
What exactly is our transfer strategy under this guy? It seems over the previous several seasons we've gone for players with resale value like GLC and Bergwyn, now all of a sudden we're signing older players that have probably already peaked like Holjberg and Doherty from mid-table teams... https://thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/steve-hitchen.37190/

I actually defended him funnily enough.

I honestly can’t wait for the day new owners take over and we can actually enjoy a transfer Window. Every window feels like pulling teeth with these Cunts.
As I understanf it deal will be circa 20 million, any reason why we couldnt have sealed it in early Jan and had him here before he got cup tied as that amount was reacheable then, still Danny knows best.

We started this window thinking we might be negotiating with Fiorentina for the hottest striking property in Europe.

We’re actually talking to them about a journeyman DM that looks worse than Hojberg and can’t even get into their team.

We are absolute cunts.

airplane GIF

We started this window thinking we might be negotiating with Fiorentina for the hottest striking property in Europe.

We’re actually talking to them about a journeyman DM that looks worse than Hojberg and can’t even get into their team.

We are absolute cunts.
we are going after a payer who doesnt even start for them 236 mins

even our gil played more

Walker, Rose, Vertonghen, Alderweireld, fucking Wimmer, Wanyama, Dembele, Trippier, Eriksen, Lamela, Chadli even...

A range of ability there, but tell me one of those players that was replaced by someone that was an improvement?

We sold Chadli because the money was too good to turn down for a squad player, then how much did we blow on N'jie, Nkouddou, Clarke? The three of them combined over the entire time since Chadli left have haven't scored as many for Spurs as he did in a single season.

We had fucking good players all over the pitch, and now you'd be hard pressed to name a handful of good players in the entire squad.

Pulling names out of a hat probably wouldn't have been any worse as a strategy for replacing them all than what we actually did.
Lots of the players in our squad are good. Most of them are PL quality. You don't win 6/9 PL games with bad players. They're just not CL quality. We have 3-4, while the top teams have 8-15.

I can see you are clairvoyant and a mind reader. Amazing! So you knew that Conte would sign for Spurs… but only after Levy (& Lewis) & Paratici hired and then fire Nuno.
So according to you this is a fact: Spurs hires Nuno with the intention of totally undermining his authority - by f.ex. ignoring any of his input into eventual new players - and hoping he turns out to be a total flop so they can fire him as soon as possible ...in order to hire Conte, who turned down the Spurs job in the first place (because Levy did not seem ambitious enough for his taste); and thus Conte would have no say at all in transfer matter during the transfer window just a few months before he would be hired…and then getting stuck with £80M+ of summer signings that may not fit his system.

Wow! What a conspiracy theory! But it is hard to imagine that your story is true. I’ll be waiting for proof now…or …
This is the first time I read that Levy & Paratici never wanted Nuno to succeed.

Pochettino was upset about the lack of transfer funds when Spurs went through 3 transfer windows without purchasing players. That does not mean that Pochettino was undermined when it came to the choice of players.
And if he was so busy talking about it, then where are the links to all that talking?
That he didn't always get Levy's backing there is no doubt and that Levy should have invested money the following the CL final is clear. But why has this story to do with Nuno?

Uh, when did I say I knew Conte would sign for Spurs? I knew Nuno was just a borderline caretaker and that we'd bail at the first opportunity for someone better, but that doesn't = Conte coming. I recommend you read the Athletic's article on Nuno's reign - he was undermined, viewed by the club hierarchy as a stopgap, and generally given limited power. Paratici took the bigger office and was clearly considered as the more long term, respected appointment. Obviously nobody HOPED Nuno would flop, but the club had low expectations from him.

You'll be waiting for proof now? Man, I'll be waiting from proof from you that the club had genuine faith in Nuno. Because nothing about the way the club acted at all suggests that whatsoever. It's actually very easy to read between the lines and see that Nuno was a 10th choice manager behind a bunch of dossers, and there's no fucking way Levy or Paratici were going to give him the reigns when it came to long term transfers. Not a hope in hell.

Want more proof? Or we done here? Because there's the talking. And it has to do with Nuno because if this is what we did with Pochettino, a long term successful manager, how in god's fucking name do you think we were giving the mid table caretaker manager authority to go and demand a 30m right back? But I guess it's easy to pass the buck to him, rather than Don Paratici. Maybe it makes you feel a little bit better.

I don't know what to think when a lot of you rate plyers as poor/average tbh.

Because most of this forum was in full blown wankfest mode when we signed such THFC greats as Lamela, GLC, TND and some were even trying to hype Gil up as a full Spain international.

I don't think people on here could recognise a decent player if they scored a fucking hat trick in front of them tbh,

Back
Top Bottom