January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This really shouldn't have rattled you as much as it does... It's just a bunch of people having fun with the fact that he's Italian.

........99% of the use of the phrase is probably you moaning about it.
I'm more rattled by the fact that he is "Working" at our club

Do you ever wonder what would happen if all transfer business was actually kept a secret until the ink is dry?

Whilst we're clearly a fucking shit show, I feel the reporting of our business hurts us.
Firstly, the deals that don't go ahead embarrass us and secondly, the excessive reporting ultimately brings rivals to the table.

First post here, glad to be on board.

Nothing to add here. I'm an optimist by nature-and this window is doing nothing but bringing me down. Hard for me to believe that we can recover from not backing Conte at all this window. I'm picturing doomsday scenarios.

I wonder if these players could have been signed if the full asking price was paid.
If you are up against Barcelona and Liverpool you have to ask something extra.
We will never know because Levy will always come in with a low ball offer thinking he’s smarter than everyone else. He just pisses off the club involved and we end up losing out. It’s happened many times but his ego won’t allow him to change

Villa are more ambitious than us.

Another thing is they have clear, attainable targets and then just go and get them.

The whole Paratici "style" of courting like 10 players for one position, and then trying to pull the trigger at the last minute possible seems like it entails a massive amount of time wasting, and a whole lot of risk.

Do you ever wonder what would happen if all transfer business was actually kept a secret until the ink is dry?
Yeah we'd still sign bugger all and ignore all the gaping holes in our squad

We still have 1 single striker FFS

One that gets injured every season and doesn't really want to be here

Sure the constant bullshit rumours wind people up but ultimately it's this clubs lack of action that people have had enough of and that would still remain if not a single transfer rumour was ever put out there

Whilst we're clearly a fucking shit show, I feel the reporting of our business hurts us.
Firstly, the deals that don't go ahead embarrass us and secondly, the excessive reporting ultimately brings rivals to the table.
Lol.

“Daddy Levy is not at fault because of the media.”

And do you really think teams, such as Liverpool, become aware of our supposed dealings via the media and not via player agents?

Lol. Luis Diaz’ agents will of course be whoreing him out to the PL - it has nothing to do with media.

Talk about no insight.

I really wanted Diaz, but if that’s gone we should have money feed up to meet our actual needs (rwb, mf, ect.).

So I’m assuming we’ll just use that money today to fire on all those other targets we had lined up right? Right!!!???????

No idea why I follow this club.

Villa are more ambitious than us.

Another thing is they have clear, attainable targets and then just go and get them.

The whole Paratici "style" of courting like 10 players for one position, and then trying to pull the trigger at the last minute possible seems like it entails a massive amount of time wasting, and a whole lot of risk.
they also sold their best player for 100M

not sure if we did that people would be calling us ambitious.

It'll be the clubs, agents etc involved in the deal who release the information, you'd imagine. It's benefited Diaz and his people by doing so and earned him a move to a more competitive team.

Back
Top Bottom