Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The window that will define the Conte/Paratici era. Off to a decent start with Dele out the door and Ndombele/Lo Celso halfway out.

Doherty has to go, Rodon should probably go. Bergwijn, Winks, Sanchez, Tanganga, and Sess all should be reevaluated after judging their performances for the rest of the this season.

Backup keeper, RWB, left footed center back, CM, and ST are the obvious areas to target.

Here's the menu, anyway:

FD6iremXEAU0EbT

Spurs have quite a few players who I reckon could be sold unless they show they are worthy of keeping. I reckon the following players have until the end of the season and a pre-season to show their worth…and if not they could be sold (of course, some of them need to be replaced).
There are 2 categories:
1) being sold to raise funds for better players
2) simply no need to keep

Pierluigi Gollini
Alfie Whiteman
Brandon Austin
Joshua Oluwayemi
Kacper Kyrlowicz

Ryan Sessegnon

Tobi Omole
Davinson Sanchez
Cristian Romero
Maksim Paskotši
Cameron Carter-Vickers
Brooklyn Lyons-Foster
Malachi Fagan-Walcott
Marqes Muir
Japhet Tanganga
Joe Rodon

Matt Doherty
Emerson Royal
Dermi Lusala
Jubrli Okedina
Marcel Lavinier

Pierre-Emile Højbjerg
Pape Matar Sarr
Jamie Bowden
Harvey White

Jack Clarke
J’Neil Bennett
Kim Etete
Troy Parrott
Bryan Gil

Last edited:
I’m not bothered about incomings

More interested in trimming the squad down further

At least another 10 off the wage bill please Daniel

I think having a positively lean squad is a benefit , play the same 11 players every game , just think of the chemistry we’ll build up

Anything more than 2 new bodies through the door will concern me , I don’t want the club to be reckless with its finances

And there lies the problem with this (January) window. We still will hear (not a shot at you) that there is too much to do in one window come this summer because we did a poor job of addressing our needs in this window.

Even if we had signed another player or two (and we signed 2 players, ManU nil despite selling Martial and now Greenwood issue), Woolwich nil despite Auba leaving, Wham nil despite being 'bounced' on at least 2 deals I know of) which means we did better on incomings than top half of PL, there would be too many issues to resolve in summer. IMO it will be at least 2 windows ..... and nobody is ever satisfied so always a few loose ends to tie up.

To put that into perspective we had a run of almost 10 years where we finished higher than Liverpool, and a lot of their recovery to get back into top 4 came about because of selling Coutinho, Suarez and Sterling all for above market rates (circa £100m each) and re-investing into other players. Gives an indication of the funds and transformation needed.

None of us can be really be sure how good or bad this window has really been .
None of us had heard of the 2 signings and many a little concerned that Juvu fans were glad to get rid . Conte hopefully can get a tune and then there should be a improvement in the first 11. Maybe good enough for a top 4 but equally it might be not enough. The next few weeks we will see if they add anything or just another pair of squad players . Personally l would have liked to see a creative midfielder as l find our midfield a hard watch .
Ali has been a dead weight for 3 years and a real bonus moving him on.
Gil is an odd one , l don't think l see enough to say he will be an asset but maybe 2 years down the line who knows.
Getting the other 2 major disastrous expensive flops temporary away is a bonus but also a very sad reflection on the incompetence of our recruitment .

(Apologies should be in Jan Window)

Our incomers are low risk cost wise maybe a little bland but it would have been exciting to have a Diaz type .
In a month we will all be ready to judge clearly.
The 2 from Juve are well known to watchers of football. We now have 2 players who we can use rather than 2 we were just carrying and paying a fortune.
The chance of top 4 is definitely improved with our rivals failing to fill holes and Utd shifting Martial while not being aware of Greenwood’s misdemeanours and now prob out for the season. Lingaard will now get some games.
God knows what Woolwich are playing at but it’s all good for us.
Typical press reports that we were outmanoeuvred by Liverpool when they had been after Díaz for 12 mos. No mention of the fact that we outbid Villa for Bentancur.
Levy still gets the blame when he isn’t even involved in negotiations.

Back
Top Bottom