Tottenham Hotspur v Wolverhampton Wanderers 2pm Sunday 13th of Feb

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Almost impossible to buy impact players in January.
Didn’t happen for United, West Ham or Woolwich either. Possibly we added by subtraction but no more than that.
Did anyone realistically expect us to get Diaz or Vlahovic? If you thought it was on, PM me, I have a bridge to sell in Brooklyn.
Then don’t buy anyone keep your powder dry until such time you can rather than just panic buy, no?

Then don’t buy anyone keep your powder dry until such time you can rather than just panic buy, no?
Personally, I would have been happy to pass in January once Diaz and Vlahovic went to where we’ll all knew they would end up. However, you can only have imagined the moans if we sat pat and did nothing.
I thought we might have had a decent chance with Kessie but it’s pretty obvious that he is going to test free agency and see if a bigger team (Barca or PSG) make a move.

Yep have often thought that we have all that space in our stadium with a large pitch and there is no space to take a decent corner. It is bizarre
Chelsea scored in both games against us at the new stadium this season from corners.
We are shit at set pieces and have been for some time

It’s almost as if he wants us look bad and lose. I can’t fathom some of the decisions especially sticking with this formation and the players. Surely he can see we don’t have the players to play his defensive system? I am getting really frustrated with his negative vibe and tactics. He can’t even inspire the players to come out at home in front of the fans and put on a show and really go for it. We start off so slow that it’s no wonder the oppo can sniff fear and take the initiative. I keep saying if his such a super coach prove it with some tactical master class . Jose never did and conte won’t unless he has spent £200M!
He should just try to build for next season and play some youngsters, try different formations and tactics and generally be more positive. At least we would see him trying to do something. But no he just plods along with the same tactics and formation keeps playing the sabe shirt all the while drumming out any flair or skill.
Fans of other teams have always said one of his weaknesses is rigidity in tactics.

Have yet to see the full game but can’t imagine that my feelings will greatly change. Did find it odd that we pulled Sess after 20min, was he playing that poorly?

The back three still look absolutely rattled. The confidence Sanchez had, and quite frankly needs is well and truly gone, he got very lucky that his ooor pass didn’t lead to another goal. Those two goals we conceded were more of the same from the Soton game, absolutely shocking defending where we didn’t bother closing down midfielders at the edge of our box. You can’t just not chase down Neves and allow him all the space to take shots from.

I’d say onwards and upwards but can’t say I’m feeling positive about City on the weekend.
With the amount of shit defenders we have, it riddles me why we play 5 at the back! We can hardly mustard 2 decent defenders.
And also two guy´s in midfield isn´t working, we need three bodies in there.

I think we should go with a 4-3-3 from now on to minimise our problems.
A fucking lottery tho who we should play at fullback :(

Lloris

Emerson - Romero - Dier - Reguilon/Davies

Hojbjerg - Skipp - Bentancur

Moura - Kane - Son

This is the thing. Everyone keeps going on about conte and how much of a hard nut he is and winner. Yet he seems to absolutely stand by this pile of crap. He keeps playing them regardless. I keep saying it but surely Harvey white , Rodon to name but two couldn’t do any worse. Ffs give someone else a go! Try 433 or 442 with berg and Lucas wide. Anything but this Jose mk2 shite of coming out and playing not to lose and trying to hit teams on the counter. Strange but in the 2nd half , partly due to wolves just not bothering too much, we actually tried to play with some pace and intensity. That’s all we ask and that should be from the get go not when we are desperate. We all hope conte can turn things around but give us some hope pls of at least trying to setup to win a game rather than try not lose. Look what happened 3 times v chavs and all he says we are not at their level. Ok I’m teens of spending not but surely he can set up so that we are t going into the gane already with belief we can’t win. I’d love to know what he says to the players before games.
When you lose a game all of the sudden the guys on the bench look like they are a better option. But rodon is obviously not good enough. It’s replacing apples with apples.

We just do not have the quality to make changes that improve the team. Our bench is as bad as I can remember it in terms of players that could come on and make an impact.. ffs he bought royal on.. bow depressing an indication was that of the state of the squad. Again. Apples for apples. Doherty is dreadful but royal is just as bad. Rodon is not the answer either.

I think you are underestimating how bad this squad is. The misfield is a joke and we current have ONE decent defender.

I wouldn’t be suprised if he has already lost some of the dressing room especially with his constant putting down tactic of saying we will struggle to win 3 points in most matches. Just the thing players want to hear before going out. I can already here him going on about citeh. I don’t hear many other pl managers doing this?
Yeah, I noticed this too.

I guess he wants to remind them that the game will be hard, so you have to work hard, but I think with this lot it has the opposite effect. They are a bunch of pussies who go into games with their nerves jangling, and it only adds to that.

Should be trying to get them excited about the prospect of victory, not afraid of a potential defeat.

With the amount of shit defenders we have, it riddles me why we play 5 at the back! We can hardly mustard 2 decent defenders.
And also two guy´s in midfield isn´t working, we need three bodies in there.

I think we should go with a 4-3-3 from now on to minimise our problems.
A fucking lottery tho who we should play at fullback :(

Lloris

Emerson - Romero - Dier - Reguilon/Davies

Skipp
Hojbjerg - Bentancur
Moura Son
Kane

Changing the formation is a cop out, no manager worth their salt will change their entire philosophy just because you've lost a few matches or not on form, if he did that then there's no point in him being here because as soon as you do that you don't expose the shit ones you're trying to get rid of.

Chelsea scored in both games against us at the new stadium this season from corners.
We are shit at set pieces and have been for some time
I am not making excuses for our piss poor players. I was making an observation that there is very little space to take a corner and you have to negotiate an uphill run up to take one. Having said all that, we are shit at corners, free kicks, passing, heading, running, dribbling, shooting, tackling and moving off the ball. Let me know if I have missed anything out 👍

2 wins from our last 8 games, being FA Cup games against Morecambe & Brighton is pretty hard to stomach.

Feels to me like those dreadful performances and defeats against Chelsea knocked the stuffing out of us. What really annoys me is how often I have seen this happen. We aren't capable mentally of recovering from defeats in important, pivotal games.

Expecting us to limp for the remainder of this season into anywhere between 6th and 12th.
Well we need to replace the mentally weak players, nothing will change until then. Winks, Sanchez, Davies needs to go

By the way, well done to Wolves; highly organised team attempting to play with some flair. Not sure they have the attacking players to push for top 4 but their manager has got them playing some good stuff.
Wish ours did😀
I would quite happily consign at least 5 of that team to the 'never to be seen in the shirt again' pile including;

Winks, Sanchez, Doherty, Davies, Sess..

That's 4 of the back 5 that started today .. Some of the body language on show today (not for the first time) was an insult to the people like yourself forking out a fortune to turn up in the pissing rain to watch them. This was about 20 minutes in by the way!
how many times do we say we don’t eat to see these tickets play? Everyone said the same under Nuno. Davies, Doh, dier, Sanchez to mane but a few ad yet here we are conte still picks them all.

Back
Top Bottom