Dejan Kulusevski

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I mean you may as well ask, would you take Messi as he is over the same player but 12 inches taller.
It was an extreme example was to illustrate a point. Kulusevksi clearly still has some issues due his lack of pace, and his technique is great but he's not Harry Kane or Messi.

I don't want to be ungrateful despite finally having a bit of quality after the years of Moura, but just saying that we shouldn't dismiss the need for speed/agility so lightly.

With Kane and Son up top we have very little pressing and energy, Kulu is somewhat similar, it does limit us in some ways.

Said it before.....I love this lad, a proper footballer, not a trickster or a speed merchant running down dead ends, but a real proper footballer
Spot on. We lack footballers and he’s comfortable on the ball, and makes good decisions. Goal threat a bonus

Moura is done

Played well again. Less passive than the last couple of games and played really well just being a nuisance and holding the ball before getting a pass away.

With Kulu playing well and Kane coming back to form, it should help us with the teams we ‘should’ be beating - but we’ll need the whole team on the front foot unlike against Burnley.

I do think people have got too excited about him a little. He's done great so far but comparisons with Eriksen and him being the new Christian are rather premature. But it's so refreshing to actually sign a technical player that has football intelligence. He's the closest we have to Harry in that regard.
I think hes more a Chadli than an Eriksen. Chadli was good for us.

I think hes more a Chadli than an Eriksen. Chadli was good for us.

I think he'll go one to be a better player than Chadli. I keep forgetting he's only 21 as he looks a good few years older than that. There's a lot to like about him. Like Harry, he'll look better against sides that give you space to play. Against the Burnley's of the world he might struggle a bit.

I think he'll go one to be a better player than Chadli. I keep forgetting he's only 21 as he looks a good few years older than that. There's a lot to like about him. Like Harry, he'll look better against sides that give you space to play. Against the Burnley's of the world he might struggle a bit.

I disagree.

Most look better when given time/space to play, but he's better equiped to play the parked cunts than the speedy Son/Lucas types.

His age is an exciting aspect though.

Last edited:
He could easily have 3 in the last 3. Came close a few times against burnley. His left foot is deadly around the goal.

He’s also a lot stronger (physically) on the ball than I expected.

The deal was £4 mill loan + £29 mill if we buy?
Is that correct.
More or less. Could be a couple million in either direction based on slightly differing reporting, but that's essentially it. I think we're obligated to buy as well.

Another very promising performance - and his 2nd goal means he's scored twice as many as Lo Celso in 5 appearances as Lo Celso in two and a half seasons.

Still early days to be sure but he does look to be a technically good attacking forward who compliments Kane and Son better than the speedster Moura. Whilst Kulusevski doesn't have anything other than average speed, he does have muscle/physical presence technical skills and an eye for both assists and goals.

With luck we've got a player who will be part of the rebuild for the long term ?

Back
Top Bottom