Come here to laugh at the Fascist, Failing Chavs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's blatantly got someone on Downing Street in his corner... At the very least keeping him advised of how much genuine heat there is on him; if not outright road-blocking sanctions.
For sure he's getting this kind of information. I think PM is in his corner. Thing about 'not rushing the sale' means he can wait and see if the mood improves. But it has already served a purpose in reducing the clamour for UK govt to sanction him / force sale / seize the asset. If he had 100% decided to sell, think he would have found a buyer first, then told the world.

No end to player's greed hey. I can understand if they did it to deter fans from asking as it could be overwhelming and too time-consuming but this just smacks of pure greed. And I doubt he's even the one sending them himself...

SILVA LINING HIS POCKETS

Chelsea star Thiago Silva charging fans £300 for video messages despite £95,000-a-week pay​

• Stephen Moyes
  • 21:00, 6 Mar 2022
CHELSEA star Thiago Silva tops up his £95,000-a-week pay packet by charging fans £300 for video messages.
He is paid to send greetings such as “happy birthday” — and his fee for a business is £11,250.
The Brazilian veteran is on messaging site Cameo but footie fans hit out yesterday, with Martin Chardy telling The Sun: “How is earning £95,000-a-week not enough for him? What a joke.”

Referring to Chelsea’s oligarch owner, he added: “If he’s that desperate for money, perhaps he should ask Roman Abramovich for some Russian roubles before he quits.”

Hordes of other fans poked fun at the defender, 37, online.

But a satisfied customer said in a review: “Thank you so much, I love you. You’re the best player I have seen to wear the Chelsea top.”

Chelsea team-mate and Italian international Jorginho, 30, is also on the site, charging £123-a-pop.

Ex-stars are in on the action too. Fans can get a message from Match of the Day pundit Danny Murphy for £62.

Former footie hardman turned film star Vinnie Jones tops the money table by charging £249.

No end to player's greed hey. I can understand if they did it to deter fans from asking as it could be overwhelming and too time-consuming but this just smacks of pure greed. And I doubt he's even the one sending them himself...

SILVA LINING HIS POCKETS

Chelsea star Thiago Silva charging fans £300 for video messages despite £95,000-a-week pay​

• Stephen Moyes
  • 21:00, 6 Mar 2022
CHELSEA star Thiago Silva tops up his £95,000-a-week pay packet by charging fans £300 for video messages.
He is paid to send greetings such as “happy birthday” — and his fee for a business is £11,250.
The Brazilian veteran is on messaging site Cameo but footie fans hit out yesterday, with Martin Chardy telling The Sun: “How is earning £95,000-a-week not enough for him? What a joke.”

Referring to Chelsea’s oligarch owner, he added: “If he’s that desperate for money, perhaps he should ask Roman Abramovich for some Russian roubles before he quits.”

Hordes of other fans poked fun at the defender, 37, online.

But a satisfied customer said in a review: “Thank you so much, I love you. You’re the best player I have seen to wear the Chelsea top.”

Chelsea team-mate and Italian international Jorginho, 30, is also on the site, charging £123-a-pop.

Ex-stars are in on the action too. Fans can get a message from Match of the Day pundit Danny Murphy for £62.

Former footie hardman turned film star Vinnie Jones tops the money table by charging £249.
Nothing surprises me anymore with some of these cunts

58981.jpeg
Named Ronald N'Abramovich, oddly enough.

But don't forget the hypocritical scum in the labour party who have lined their own pockets with russian dosh including 3 labour leaders and a whole load of past and present labour politicians.
And?

God forbid anyone criticises the wonderful Tories.

Labour aren't much better. I never said they were. But the Tories are an outright bunch of vile crooks.

But don't forget the hypocritical scum in the labour party who have lined their own pockets with russian dosh including 3 labour leaders and a whole load of past and present labour politicians.
Whataboutism is the most stupid answer to any criticism. The Tories over the last decade have managed to turn London into the money laundering capital of the world.

Tuck in. Unless they get sovereign wealth buying them, I don't see them continuing to be the same club. No reasonable investor is going to pile the cash in like Abramovich has.

As much as I dislike ENIC’s scouting and recruitment model/investment the move to the stadium was a necessity to keep up and future proof. The Chavs will be left behind longer term without sovereign wealth unless they expand SB. The cost for that is insane and agree they won’t be the same club but their academy can support them short to medium term. That’s one thing they do really well is develop their youth whilst ours is average. Again, pampered in such glamourous surroundings.

Great he’s saying this but it’s too little, too late.

I really dislike Simon Jordan for a number of reasons, but in fairness to him I do think he's been criticising these kind of clubs for a long while. Definitely watched at least a few interviews where he takes aim at Man City's project.

But yes, there are indeed many who are jumping on the criticise Roman bandwagon now who didn't have a word to say for years.

As much as I dislike ENIC’s scouting and recruitment model/investment the move to the stadium was a necessity to keep up and future proof. The Chavs will be left behind longer term without sovereign wealth unless they expand SB. The cost for that is insane and agree they won’t be the same club but their academy can support them short to medium term. That’s one thing they do really well is develop their youth whilst ours is average. Again, pampered in such glamourous surroundings.
What they are brilliant at is SELLING at high value. They have been woeful at developing players via their academy. It wasn't until Lampard and their transfer ban did they filed an academy player, this was only 1.5 seasons ago!! What they have done at their academy is buy up every single promising talent out there so other clubs can. They have done this as a direct result of the Russians rubles, offering houses to the parents, houses to 16yr olds and sticking them on salaries that were double to that of Harry Kane (go see Rubin Loftus-Cheek.

Everything else I agree with.

Their academy will probably keep them well stocked for a couple of seasons, probably more importantly as salable assets rather than players but I guess that largely depends on a strategy going forward. And right now that strategy is something they haven't got as it's been ripped up. Rumours at the weekend that.................

Last edited:
What they are brilliant at is SELLING at high value. They have been woeful at developing players via their academy. It wasn't until Lampard and their transfer ban did they filed an academy player, this was only 1.5 seasons ago!! What they have done at their academy is buy up every single promising talent out there so other clubs can't. They have done this as a direct result of the Russians rubles, offering houses to the parents, houses to 16yr olds and sticking them on salaries that were double to that of Harry Kane (go see Rubin Loftus-Cheek.

Also, they've already had 2 strikes in terms of their youth recruitment practices....

Irony being that it was their recent trf ban for this that led to them actually fielding some of the young lads for a change.

#FallInShitSmellOfRoses
#CheatsProsper

Also, they've already had 2 strikes in terms of their youth recruitment practices....

Irony being that it was their recent trf ban for this that led to them actually fielding some of the young lads for a change.

#FallInShitSmellOfRoses
#CheatsProsper
They do have some good players at the academy though.....

Rice
Lamperty
Gallagher
Van Aarnolt
Gillmore
Ake
James
Mount
Livramento
Hudson-Odoi
Chalobah
Christensen
Broja

there are others that IMO aren't as good as the PR machine says they are.....
Solanke
Abraham
(at least two other Chalobah's)
Loftus-Cheek
and about 15 others.

That top selection is the end product of 20yrs of buying up Vitesse and literally hundreds of kids from all around the World. They are good for the headlines today but prior to this group it was John Terry, Graham le Saux and Carlton Cole.

Back
Top Bottom