The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

IMO to do it we have to win at Old Trafford and beat the scum at home, otherwise think it's too big of a gap. Normally Woolwich will go on a bit of a run of poor results after one loss so lets hope that happens again.

Our record since Christmas across all competitions reads:

W D W L W L W L W L L W L W L W

We played well last night as we did against Citeh a few weeks ago now. It has to be backed up at Old Trafford with a result on Saturday now, if we have any realistic hopes of Top 4. We're horribly inconsistent and can't even string two good performance/results back to back.

Might as well include Chelsea for shits and giggles, i think they will be 1 point ahead of Woolwich only if they lose to them?
3Chelsea263553
4Woolwich251248
5Man Utd28747
6West Ham281145
7Tottenham26845

Chelsea have a tricky(?) home game v Newcastle on Sunday.
Woolwich have Leicester at home. Leicester back to back wins v Leeds and Burnley.
Foxes have a home game against good old Rennes on Thursday, though.

Think it's Woolwich's to lose sadly.

As we struggle to put back to back good performances together I'm fully expecting an average United side to turn us over on Saturday.

Has anybody considered the idea that - whilst not deliberate - it suits us to be chasing rather than being 'the chased'?

It didn’t suit us too well the last couple of season unfortunately - anytime we had a chance to move into top four approaching the business end of the season the team crapped their pants. Hopefully this season will be different…

Has anybody considered the idea that - whilst not deliberate - it suits us to be chasing rather than being 'the chased'?

I really fucking hope not, otherwise we've got some extremely weak minded players and if at any point we manage to somehow, against all odds, wrestle back control, we'd be likely to just fuck it all up again. The problem IMO was/is an imbalanced squad which leads to consistency problems. We can go from smashing the right kind of sides 4-0 or even beating City, to looking toothless vs any side who packs out a midfield, sets up a low block and makes it a battle.

There's more opportunity to move up (or down) these days because the schedule is so messed up. Too many games and not enough time off between them means some games where a team just doesn't have much stamina. It makes it all the more odd Spurs didn't get a backup striker for Kane signed in the last window.

Hate to say it but you are right. Woolwich All Cunts will get 4th
Not that I think they are that good or deserve it. But United are all over the place & we are very hit & miss. We really need them to go on a bad run & blow it. It be more about them blowing it then us or United going on a great run. So we have a shot but Woolwich firm favourites. Not surprised no one will put money on us.
I have unfairly ruled out West Ham but I just don’t think they have what’s required.

Need to beat Scum, Spammers and United to have a chance.

Scum seem to be getting a few jammy results together (Wolves, Watford could both have been draws easy) and they have more top 6 teams to ay then us.

Heart says we do it. Head says we are gonna finish 5th and look at the 1 point we picked up from saints and the lose against Burnley and know that's what will cost us.

Woolwich same as us are only a few injuries from having a much weaker squad though so will depend on luck also

Sat 17:30 Utd v Spurs
Sun 14:00 WHU v Villa
Sun 16:30 Arse v Leicester
Wed 19:30 BHA v Spurs
Wed 20:15 Arse v Liverpool
Sat 19 Mar Villa v Arse
Sun 20 Mar: Spurs v WHU

Come on Stevie G!!

Back
Top Bottom