The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Huh? Woolwich are pretty consistent compared to us & United. It’s Woolwich to throw away.
Disaster with city already scoring. Need United to win to stop Woolwich really.
With a better owner & chairman 4th would have been wide open for us to get this season. Now we will be looking up at Woolwich .
Hate to say it but you are right. Woolwich All Cunts will get 4th

Anyone want a bet on us getting 4th? What with energy prices rising levy lovers handing over more money to me is pretty handy!

I gave you a chance of that bet ages ago and you bottled it......

Now you wanna gob off cos they're favourites?

Do one! :dembelefingers:

Threadbare squad. Two injuries away from Holding and Cedric at CB getting smashed all over the shop

I imagine Tomiyasu would go to CB.

But mainly I mean when their 11 is fit. They just looked the most well coached, balanced side when that happens. It's clear Arteta has targeted a certain type of player and the club has gone out and got them for him. Pace, technical ability, defenders comfortable on the ball but who also defend well, players who dribble well etc .. it's all there.

But mainly I mean when their 11 is fit. They just looked the most well coached, balanced side when that happens. It's clear Arteta has targeted a certain type of player and the club has gone out and got them for him. Pace, technical ability, defenders comfortable on the ball but who also defend well, players who dribble well etc .. it's all there.
He’s injured

Agree with the best 11

Bit like pep and citeh. He has proved all the critics wrong but let’s see if he can manage it against the big boys. However they do look in a strong position. Between Nuno and conte they have basically got a 15 point swing on us. Shocking!

..Plenty of football yet to be played. top 4 is not certain for anyone yet. I personally don't think we will get it because of how inconsistent we are. I think we will be around 5th or 6th which will be good considering our form and situation to be honest. No one seems to be grabbing that 4th spot by the scruff of the neck.

Woolwich have won 8 drawn 1 and lost in the last minute to Citeh in their last 10 league games. Sadly that very much looks like grabbing it by the scruff of their neck.

Their three games in hand though are away to Chavs and ourselves and home to Dippers. Their record against the big guns has been as shit as ever all season.

Bit like pep and citeh. He has proved all the critics wrong but let’s see if he can manage it against the big boys. However they do look in a strong position. Between Nuno and conte they have basically got a 15 point swing on us. Shocking!

For top 4 they don't really need to. Just be consistent against teams below them and they'll get there. Think if they do get CL this season they'll push for an Isak/top CF and really try and get to that point where they are top 4 regulars again. Going to be really hard to crack that nut with United probably getting better next season too .. this year was our best opportunity.

For top 4 they don't really need to. Just be consistent against teams below them and they'll get there. Think if they do get CL this season they'll push for an Isak/top CF and really try and get to that point where they are top 4 regulars again. Going to be really hard to crack that nut with United probably getting better next season too .. this year was our best opportunity.

If United let Rangnick do what is needed behind the scenes and bring in a quality manager (ie Poch) then we have 4 teams that will require us to hit on almost all transfers, or at least have all transfer be positive not negatives, just to have a chance.

Throw in a competent Woolwich, I don't think with Arteta and their current squad they will be anything more than just good but for now that is better than us under Levy, and we could easily being playing for 6th for the next 5 years unless Levy pulls his head out of his ass.

If United let Rangnick do what is needed behind the scenes and bring in a quality manager (ie Poch) then we have 4 teams that will require us to hit on almost all transfers, or at least have all transfer be positive not negatives, just to have a chance.

Throw in a competent Woolwich, I don't think with Arteta and their current squad they will be anything more than just good but for now that is better than us under Levy, and we could easily being playing for 6th for the next 5 years unless Levy pulls his head out of his ass.

Can throw in a Newcastle over the next 2-3 seasons too .. we've really got no hope unless we are purchased.

Can throw in a Newcastle over the next 2-3 seasons too .. we've really got no hope unless we are purchased.
Excited Saturday Morning GIF

Going to be hard to get a brutal murdering dictatorship to buy us now the way things have gone in Ukraine. Erdogan and the Turks might be stepping into the breach for the Chavs.

goons clear favs now no way for me we can win almost all our matches to get us there obviously going to be much harder over the next few years as cannot see us signing the quality needed .

Back
Top Bottom