The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There's still a chance but I can't help thinking we've lost the momentum now.
Yeah, as long the gap is only 3/4 points there's always a chance, but we have lost so many games in utterly humiliating fashion recently, I don't believe we will get 4th. Could easily end up 7th.

It may be a cliche but there are no easy games in the PL. Having said that the Southampton and Wolves games were critical. 6, or even 4 points from these would have built the foundations for a run at top 4.
Losing both has had a huge impact on us as fans and if course the team.
We, fans and team, are now brittle and lacking confidence. Top 6 at best for me.

Still mathematically possible but confidence that it will happen is at an all time low. Every game is a must win but if we don’t win the next two games, there will be no chance of us making it, especially with Woolwich having two very winnable games. Could be 9 points behind them and they’ll have a game in hand, against us no less but that will be insurmountable with the number of games left

Bad loss for Wolves that.....

Hoping to see WH thoroughly brutalised in a bit. :mourthumb:
Shit and all as we are, after last seasons aberration when we plummeted to 7th, it’ll be the so called Big 6 all in the Top 6.

It’s not the late 1970’s anymore, when the level of ineptness that we have at every level now and a more even financial playing field, resulted in relegation.

Shit and all as we are, after last seasons aberration when we plummeted to 7th, it’ll be the so called Big 6 all in the Top 6.

It’s not the late 1970’s anymore, when the level of ineptness that we have at every level now and a more even financial playing field, resulted in relegation.
Agree. The league used to be so much more fluid. I remember Leeds winning the league at the start of the 90's and almost going down the next season.

When you look at the table it still seems possible for us but I don’t believe it is. This team just isn’t capable of going on a wining run. Once the new manager bounce wore off the same technical flaws and weak mentality surfaces again.

I hope they prove me wrong but I am not going to start believing in a team that can lose to Mura, Burnley and Boro the way we did this season.

Last edited:
When you look at the table it still seems possible for us but I don’t believe it is. This team just isn’t capable of going on a wining run. Once the new manager bounce wore off the same technical flaws and weak mentality surfaces again.

I hope they prove me wrong but I am not going to start believing in a team that can lose to Mura, Burnley and Boro the way we did this season.
It depends on which team we can put out. Tottenham with Lloris, Dier-Romero, Skipp-Bentancur, Kane-Son as the spine will be consistent. But the drop off to Gollini, Sanchez, Winks, Bergwijn is big.

We had to be lucky with injuries to get top 4, but we haven't been. Not completely out of it yet but the path to top 4 is surely a narrow one. A lot needs to go right from here.

Back
Top Bottom