The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

6 points and 13 games left. Chill out. We aren't great, but still a chance. We have United away and Woolwich at home.
We'd need to put together a run of at least 5 or 6 wins on the bounce to realistically have a chance

This group of players simply do not have that within them

6 points and 13 games left. Chill out. We aren't great, but still a chance. We have United away and Woolwich at home.

Still to play:

Spurs v Arse

Chavs v Arse
Arse
v Liverpool
Utd v City
Utd v Spurs
Spurs v WH

Liverpool v Utd
Arse v Utd

Chavs v WH
WH v Arse

Liverpool v Spurs
Utd
v Chavs
WH v City

........Anyone thinking this is done and dusted must be new to football.

...And that's without freak results which always crop up along the way.

..Plenty of football yet to be played. top 4 is not certain for anyone yet. I personally don't think we will get it because of how inconsistent we are. I think we will be around 5th or 6th which will be good considering our form and situation to be honest. No one seems to be grabbing that 4th spot by the scruff of the neck.

Still to play:

Spurs v Arse

Chavs v Arse
Arse
v Liverpool
Utd v City
Utd v Spurs
Spurs v WH

Liverpool v Utd
Arse v Utd

Chavs v WH
WH v Arse

Liverpool v Spurs
Utd
v Chavs
WH v City

........Anyone thinking this is done and dusted must be new to football.

...And that's without freak results which always crop up along the way.
Spot on , we can’t give up yet , absolutely any thing can happen. You just never know. NLD going to be huge now !

I’m slightly clutching at straws because there’s no guarantee what will happen, but remember last season Leicester were dead certs for top 4, only to throw it away on the last day

..Plenty of football yet to be played. top 4 is not certain for anyone yet. I personally don't think we will get it because of how inconsistent we are. I think we will be around 5th or 6th which will be good considering our form and situation to be honest. No one seems to be grabbing that 4th spot by the scruff of the neck.
Huh? Woolwich are pretty consistent compared to us & United. It’s Woolwich to throw away.
Disaster with city already scoring. Need United to win to stop Woolwich really.
With a better owner & chairman 4th would have been wide open for us to get this season. Now we will be looking up at Woolwich .

Anyone want a bet on us getting 4th? What with energy prices rising levy lovers handing over more money to me is pretty handy!

It depends on which team we can put out. Tottenham with Lloris, Dier-Romero, Skipp-Bentancur, Kane-Son as the spine will be consistent. But the drop off to Gollini, Sanchez, Winks, Bergwijn is big.

We had to be lucky with injuries to get top 4, but we haven't been. Not completely out of it yet but the path to top 4 is surely a narrow one. A lot needs to go right from here.

I think it is even less that than and 100% on Kane-Son.

Even with Bentancur-Skipp back healthy and Dier-Romero at CB (although Dier sucks so him being there makes zero difference) if Son and/or Kane are not at 8/10 levels every game it doesn't matter.

This team has no ability to have success without those two being at the top of their games.

Back
Top Bottom