Newcastle (H) 3rd April - 1630KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Enjoyable second half.

We looked drilled. Moved the ball quickly and created lots of chances.

If we can get a partner for Romero (who was immense) and some out and out WBs, then we’re in business.
Just watched in in I'Neills in Bristol with a couple of young Spurs fans, Dan, Sam and Jemima....top result top bantz 👍🏾👍🏾 COYS

I know I must sound like a broken record having said this after several consecutive games now, but the thing I'm most amazed about is our passing under and usually past pressure in and around our own box. 6 months ago you'd have your head in your hands if we even attempted a single pass like that (which we did every game, and invariably gave the ball away). Now we play pass and move in little triangles to bypass the opposition as though we're suddenly prime Man City both technically and in terms of intelligence. I can only assume that Conte must have some crazily intense and repetitive drills whereby the players are forced to play out of such positions 50 times in a single drill or something like that, there's no other way that we could have gotten so good at it in such a short space of time.

It just goes to show what impact a manager can have - not just on patterns of play, but on the long-term / permanent abilities of players. Wonderful to see it coming through.

In terms of individual performances today, of course Kane in the 2nd half was absolutely magic when coming deep to deliver balls that no other striker in the world right now can, but many shout-outs are due to others too - in particular, Romero looks like the hardest player in the league, a proper effective no-nonsense defender, Doherty was superb playing on the left, and the new lads Bentancur and Kulu really look like they have improved us so much.

This is as good as we've looked since Dec 2017 / Jan 2018 just before the wheels started coming off when the squad had been run into the ground. And we still have Skipp to add midfield options don't forget.

I know it's not a trophy and it all means very little if we screw up the next one etc, but let's enjoy today - great performance, what a great day to be a Spurs fan. :)

Four wins on the trot, 19-2 goal differential during that period. We feel like a real footballing side again.

Kulusevski, Bentancur, and healthy Romero have totally reinvigorated the side.

First half was a bit shaky but we came out that second half a changed side 👍🏼.

Quality performance and i was already celebrating Bergwijns goal 2 seconds before it went in. Thats how confident i was about him putting that away… Hes been on fire for Holland during the break.

Lets carry this into next saturday against the Villa.

COYS

Back
Top Bottom