Newcastle (H) 3rd April - 1630KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So - a bad bad day for me, and I kind of fear it will not end well.

Got a ticket for an old friend of mine who bought his daughter.. We were in our usual seats in the southstand and my friends daughter was in the North Stand.
We met at half time and she told us she was getting bad grief from the Newcastle fans. She said there was two seats free next to her, so we decided to join her second half as she was not enjoying the treatment she was receiving.
We started with a bit of banter and nothing out of the ordinary, but when we scored the 2nd we kind of let them know we were in front in a mannner that you’d expect toward fans that were mouthy to say the least.
Amongst the celebrations one of them chucked either a coin or something that hit me in the face, I reacted and went off on one, I was stopped from jumping over the barrier and told by the steward that he saw what happened but I should return to my seat.
I wrongly shouted at the guy who I think threw the object, and called him a <removed>, god knows why but in the heat of the moment its what came out. I was fuming and would have given anything for the stewards to not be there.
Next thing I Know I was ushered-out by 3 policemen. I said yes I reacted and called him a <removed> but why was I taken out and the guy who threw something at me allowed to stay where he was. One of the coppers said he agreed but in this day and age it’s all about what you can and can’t say.
They said I committed a hate crime and had to leave the stadium. I protested my innocent but all they were interested in was the word I used ‘<removed>’. It was so stupid but after being hit by an object it just came out..
All my details were taken including my season ticket number and I was ejected.
That was all before I gave my details which came back as well known to the authorities. I have never shyed away from my past and live with the consequences pretty much every day., I’m not proud of it but I have to deal with it.
As I was being ejected one of the officers I gave my details to, found out I had previous and arrested me,

I will delete this post but wanted to share it as I think I’ve been badly treated because I have a past.
What I said was stupid but a spur of the moment comment.

To my knowledge the guy who was baiting all Spurs fans next to the away fans and who threw an object
was allowed to stay in his seat whilst I was booted out and have to worry about what will happen to my season ticket and what the police will do next.

I will never understand modern day life.

A great win but my god I will pay for today’s events.
When I read this post, I assumed you used a truly offensive slur.
But then my mind changed when I saw you called him a <removed>.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t that term you calling him a male prostitute?
If you think someone has thrown a coin at you, and you respond by calling him a male prostitute, how can that be a crime?

Surely then we have to go on social media and arrest everyone who has used the term whore?

You shouldn’t have used that term, but the fact you’re in police trouble over it is a sign that free speech is being seriously eroded.

Good luck to you

If you think someone has thrown a coin at you, and you respond by calling him a male prostitute, how can that be a crime?

Surely then we have to go on social media and arrest everyone who has used the term whore?

You shouldn’t have used that term, but the fact you’re in police trouble over it is a sign that free speech is being seriously eroded.

Good luck to you

Is the word the one that begins F and ends T and is also a meaty ball made of offal ?

Good luck to you
I feel for you. The Geordies have this perceived persona of being lovable and funny etc, but some of the NUFC fans are nasty b*stards, so you have my full sympathy, and I hope this matter doesn't escalate too far out of proportion.

Unfortunately for me, I blew the game out, as my match-buddy tested positive for covid in the morning, and I thought it would be a real nail-biter, stress-head of a game, so I watched it at home: how gutted am I?
That Dan Burn is a dirty snide of a player, and in my opinion was lucky to stay on the pitch.
Great to see us dominate the 2nd half, and to also see Royale with cheese, and Doc having pretty good games.
We just need Palace to stick it up the arse, and it's game on.
COYS!

Is the word the one that begins F and ends T and is also a meaty ball made of offal ?
It’s tent boy.

We can all agree that Tent Boy is offensive, as it’s derogatory towards male prostitutes who sleep with men. Similarly, whore is offensive as it’s derogatory towards women prostitutes and sexist.

But when it comes to criminal charges, surely context should matter? As an emotional outburst after being physically attacked, this is not a ‘hate crime’.

Bossed it:

Mnb4bS.png

Highlights were incredible. Hate to be negative because there were so many positives, but surely Lloris has to do better with their goal.

Kane has developed like a fine wine.

It’s tent boy.

We can all agree that Tent Boy is offensive, as it’s derogatory towards male prostitutes who sleep with men. Similarly, whore is offensive as it’s derogatory towards women prostitutes and sexist.

But when it comes to criminal charges, surely context should matter? As an emotional outburst after being physically attacked, this is not a ‘hate crime’.
The same thing will happen with Yid at some point. And the police will be "just doing my job".

Highlights were incredible. Hate to be negative because there were so many positives, but surely Lloris has to do better with their goal.

Kane has developed like a fine wine.

Didn't look good on Hugo, but no way on earth that goal should have stood.

Probably the wrong place to ask, but does anyone know how to start a thread?
I think it would be fun for us to meet at one of of our few remaining home games.
I don't know how you're all fixed for tickets etc, but just thought I'd put it out there.

Probably the wrong place to ask, but does anyone know how to start a thread?
I think it would be fun for us to meet at one of of our few remaining home games.
I don't know how you're all fixed for tickets etc, but just thought I'd put it out there.

Hit 'new posts' tab and top left there's a light blue button which says "post thread"....

Sorry, I missed the details as I couldn’t watch it live. What happened?
I believe there was a possible handball from the goal scorer, but as we're not Man Utd or Liverpool, VAR didn't go our way. The initial free kick was very soft, and it looks like NUFC are WHUFC in disguise, as "winning" free kicks and corners seems to be a big part of their current tactics.

I believe there was a possible handball from the goal scorer, but as we're not Man Utd or Liverpool, VAR didn't go our way. The initial free kick was very soft, and it looks like NUFC are WHUFC in disguise, as "winning" free kicks and corners seems to be a big part of their current tactics.

I could be wrong but wasn't it two areas of concern. One as you say, the handball and two the NUFC player in an offside position obstructing Hugo?

N17-Tommo N17-Tommo - Sorry to hear about your grief.

Sounds like a bunch of trumped up bullshit to me.

Eh .. he used what is a homophobic slur. As an insult directed at somebody in public. I empathise with the poster as it seems a moment of madness which he accepts was wrong, but it was still something that had to be dealt with and it isn't a term anyone should turn to, even in anger.

Hopefully the context is well considered, and the consequences aren't too severe. Being apologetic & understanding of why it was an unacceptable term to use should help. LGBT fan groups across the country are pretty unanimous in how unwelcome it makes them feel.

Last edited:
Eh .. he used what is a homophobic slur. As an insult directed at somebody in public. I empathise with the poster as it seems a moment of madness which he accepts was wrong, but it was still something that had to be dealt with and it isn't a term anyone should turn to, even in anger.

Hopefully the context is well considered, and the consequences aren't too severe. Being apologetic & understanding of why it was an unacceptable term to use should help. LGBT fan groups across the country are pretty unanimous in how unwelcome it makes them feel.
That for me is a grey area... as many of them aren't homosexual (don't ask me how I know!)
Obviously, a lot ARE, but for a fair few, it's an option they sometimes feel they have to take to get by in life.
The tragedy is that many will do anything for money, including that... Doesn't always make them gay though!

N17-Tommo N17-Tommo has basically called someone 'a person who will sleep with men for money, regardless of their own sexual orientation!'

That's more a blight on society and the system, than anything the LGBT community would get involved with.

Dunno about a hate crime, but it's certainly has stigma attached!

Back
Top Bottom