Fabio Paratici

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's time to give him some credit.

Romero Bentancur Kulusevski transfers all paying off.

Gil a fantastic prospect.
Yup, he also had a pretty abbreviated summer last year getting the job in June and then having to deal with Levy’s botched managerial search that was like 45 days in. I’ll be interested to see how he does this summer with actual preparation time and a settled manager to collaborate with.

He hasn’t been perfect, his managerial choices were bizarre this past summer though he ended up helping us get Conte eventually.

The only singing I think was really poor was Emerson, but he’s still young and to be fair he did have two strong years at Betis. I didn’t anticipate him being this bad.

Romero, Kulusevski, Bentancur look like inspired signings. Sarr and Gil fit the club mandate to bring in young players. Plus he did agree to fees for Lautaro Martínez and Luis Diaz before we got fucked over.

He clearly has connections and has a little bit about him. Certainly more than Hitchen who just whined about having to do his job and repeatedly saddled us with wank from the French league.

I think Paratici may well be bang average as a DOF. But he has already shown how atrocious the Hitchen years were - clearly no ability to manage Levy or Poch and an unbelievable lack of hits given the money we did spend.

Why?

One should judge him on the basis of the players he brings in; not how crap the last bloke was or wasn't.

Last edited:
He hasn’t been perfect, his managerial choices were bizarre this past summer though he ended up helping us get Conte eventually.
I'm fully aboard the conspiracy theory that when he couldn't get Conte and Levy to agree and sign on the line, he decided to appoint someone destined to fail so that he could get Conte in before it was too late with Kane/Son. Nothing anyone says will convince me otherwise. Don Fabio 100% fit up Nuno.

Tottenham chief Fabio Paratici has to be held back in tunnel while venting at officials​

FABIO PARATICI could hardly contain his anger at the interval when Tottenham hosted Newcastle on Sunday.​

By CHARLIE GORDON
07:32, Mon, Apr 4, 2022 | UPDATED: 07:42, Mon, Apr 4, 2022

Tottenham transfer chief Fabio Paratici had to be restrained by Spurs stars while he vented to fourth official Graham Scott after the half-time whistle against Newcastle. Fabian Schar had given the Magpies the lead before Ben Davies' swift equaliser as the game began to heat up shortly before the incident, and Antonio Conte's men ran riot in the second half.

Paratici's fury was preceded by a fiesty first half which saw four yellow cards dished out as Harry Kane and Rodrigo Bentancur were both booked for Spurs. With the Lilywhites' crucial top-four bid hanging by a thread, Schar heaped more pressure on Conte and Paratici when his curling free-kick beat Hugo Lloris.

The Frenchman will be keen to avoid replays of the incident as Schar somehow managed to squeeze it into the corner Lloris was meant to have covered. Heung-min Son came to the rescue shortly afterwards, however, and whipped in a superb ball which was nodded in by Davies.

Despite drawing level, Paratici's temper boiled over at the break when he was spotted ranting and raving at fourth official Graham Scott. Spurs players were seen ushering the sporting director away from the scene before tensions escalated any further.

The source of the Italian's fury was not crystal clear, although a touchline scuffle just before half time seemed to get the juices flowing for both sides. Newcastle's Joelinton appeared to shove Bentancur over before Spurs stars rushed in as back up.

Tottenham chief Fabio Paratici has to be held back in tunnel while venting at officials​

FABIO PARATICI could hardly contain his anger at the interval when Tottenham hosted Newcastle on Sunday.​

By CHARLIE GORDON
07:32, Mon, Apr 4, 2022 | UPDATED: 07:42, Mon, Apr 4, 2022

Tottenham transfer chief Fabio Paratici had to be restrained by Spurs stars while he vented to fourth official Graham Scott after the half-time whistle against Newcastle. Fabian Schar had given the Magpies the lead before Ben Davies' swift equaliser as the game began to heat up shortly before the incident, and Antonio Conte's men ran riot in the second half.

Paratici's fury was preceded by a fiesty first half which saw four yellow cards dished out as Harry Kane and Rodrigo Bentancur were both booked for Spurs. With the Lilywhites' crucial top-four bid hanging by a thread, Schar heaped more pressure on Conte and Paratici when his curling free-kick beat Hugo Lloris.

The Frenchman will be keen to avoid replays of the incident as Schar somehow managed to squeeze it into the corner Lloris was meant to have covered. Heung-min Son came to the rescue shortly afterwards, however, and whipped in a superb ball which was nodded in by Davies.

Despite drawing level, Paratici's temper boiled over at the break when he was spotted ranting and raving at fourth official Graham Scott. Spurs players were seen ushering the sporting director away from the scene before tensions escalated any further.

The source of the Italian's fury was not crystal clear, although a touchline scuffle just before half time seemed to get the juices flowing for both sides. Newcastle's Joelinton appeared to shove Bentancur over before Spurs stars rushed in as back up.

This is exactly what Poch wanted when he was here.

Why?

One should judge him on the basis of the basis of the players he brings in; not how crap the last bloke was or wasn't.
Bang average sounds too pejorative. What I mean is he brings at least average competence to the role (it may be more, it may be less). Hitchen was really weak in that role.

The best thing about Paratici moving forward is the relationship with Conte and knowing the types of players he wants. The best teams (Pool and City) have had a stable coach for a number of years with a defined identity and types of players that fit that identity. That's how you do good business and make good players great. Those teams haven't missed much regarding recruitment because it's on the same page with what the coach wants.

Bang average sounds too pejorative. What I mean is he brings at least average competence to the role (it may be more, it may be less). Hitchen was really weak in that role.

Rom, Kulu, B'cur & Gil are above "average" no?

Good start.

Well it didn't fall to anyone else to implement it......
He implied, without giving names, non-playing staff at The Club to be at it, from the moment the oppo team arrive. Shortly after this, there was a visible display of him and Levy walking out on a pitch at some away game during training. I've no idea if this was actually related or not but some in the press made a link to his comments.

At Juve Agnelli is apparently very visible in and around certain areas pre-match (as too at the time were Paratici, Nedved and Moratta).

2476798-51434670-2560-1440.jpg

So I think it's fair to say he wanted more from Levy, Caplehorn, Cullen, Allan Dixon and Hitchin to name but a few.

He implied, without giving names, non-playing staff at The Club to be at it, from the moment the oppo team arrive. Shortly after this, there was a visible display of him and Levy walking out on a pitch at some away game during training. I've no idea if this was actually related or not but some in the press made a link to his comments.

At Juve Agnelli is apparently very visible in and around certain areas pre-match (as too at the time were Paratici, Nedved and Moratta).

2476798-51434670-2560-1440.jpg

So I think it's fair to say he wanted more from Levy, Caplehorn, Cullen, Allan Dixon and Hitchin to name but a few.

Mate, the board aren't gonna be pitch-side in the dig-out week to week.....

It falls to the gaffa to instil attitude and such into the team and his staff.

Rom, Kulu, B'cur & Gil are above "average" no?

Good start.
Definitely. Personally, think he's done a very good job balancing getting a younger side with making us more competitive. But I see posts that are like "this guy is a complete fraud and a secret agent for Juve" when we've just had Hitchen.

Definitely. Personally, think he's done a very good job balancing getting a younger side with making us more competitive. But I see posts that are like "this guy is a complete fraud and a secret agent for Juve" when we've just had Hitchen.

Gotcha! :tanguythumb:

Mate, the board aren't gonna be pitch-side in the dig-out week to week.....

It falls to the gaffa to instil attitude and such into the team and his staff.
I'm not saying that they are or even that they should be. All I'm doing is saying that this is what Poch wanted. He felt this is where we were lacking and where Juve was "better". (I think it's highly relevant, even more so now that one of the people he sites doing it at Juve is here as our MD of Football).

Back
Top Bottom