Brighton (H) - Saturday (16th April) 12:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Adding another player who only plays at walking pace wouldn’t have changed anything.

This game just shows how little quality there is when you nullify the front 3. When that happens you are relying on the wing backs to make something happen and today we had two whose teammates didn’t want to pass them the ball. We missed Doherty badly because at least he can cause problems. The other two may as well be training cones when we are on the ball.

Not sure the answer was in the wide areas - they were playing deep with a back 5. We needed to beat the press centrally and get balls to in to the front 3. Instead we lobbed it constantly from back to front and moved the ball constantly sideways and slow. In all honesty, we could have had the best wingback in world out there and they would have done nothing.

Unbelievably bad performance, not one player for us played well, dogshit to a man. This team just kills us, too many believing their own hype today.

I don't even think Brighton had to play well, that's the worst part. Gutted with that.

Let's hope the gooners lose the next two...

I'm trying to be philosophical about it. Yes it was a shocking performance, so lethargic and ponderous on the ball, probably one of our worst 4 or 5 under Conte, but it comes off the back of a really great month or so when we really looked like we were clicking. And no team plays well every game or wins every match, even City and Pool drop points sometimes. If you ever offer me (say) 5 wins and 1 loss from 6 games, I'd take that, anyone would. The difference between the best and the also-rans is not that the best never lose, it's how they respond to losing - so if we get back to winning ways next weekend, and show a lot more energy than today, I'd still fancy us to take 4th.
Being zen will hopefully mean you can enjoy the rest of the sunny weekend.
:contethumb:

If there is a positive, it's that Conte will chew the fuckers out and we often have a habit of bouncing back from a dreadful performance to come out of the traps fast the following game. As bizarre as it sounds, it feels like when we go on a good run it reaches a certain length where the complacency creeps in and a match like today happens.

The warning signs were there in the first half against Villa, but we didn't heed them.

Felt this coming all week. We all know the mentality of this group. Carried away complacency is what we do. After some impressive results this just stinks. Some credit to Brighton but we were badly found out today as mentally weak. This result will give others confidence too. So poor.
Mentality of the club. Not just this group of players. Same shit every season sadly.

A number 10 in a 3-5-2 would have been nice today, definitely need to sign one this summer. Lucas is the closest thing we have to a creative spark and he was brought on somewhat early, but unfortunately he just isn't good enough

Some days you have to hold up your hands and say the opposition played well.

This wasn’t one of those days, we were shit, back to front.
But they didn't 'play well' ...they deployed spoiling tactics and dark arts from the off....
if that's what it takes to win games, then fuck it... Football is fucked!
.we just weren't intelligent enough to deal with, or beat that snidey shitstain brand of football!

Why not just congratulate Brighton? In two successive weekends they have gone away to the 4th and 5th place clubs and won both times. Yes we played shit but even if we had played well it would have been a tight game. There is very little difference between us and the scum so if Brighton beat them why is it such a shock that they beat us

Why are we always shit at Easter... Is it a Jesus v Jews thing?

...and to think, the sun is shining, Saturday kick off... Sunday roast tomorrow...
Everything was in place for a beautiful, glorious weekend.... But SPURS know fucking better and fucking ruined it....
Fucking idiots!
I was calling for a Barabbas sub on the 70th minute which would have changed the game, but Conte didn't listen.
:levyeyes:

I'm trying to be philosophical about it. Yes it was a shocking performance, so lethargic and ponderous on the ball, probably one of our worst 4 or 5 under Conte, but it comes off the back of a really great month or so when we really looked like we were clicking. And no team plays well every game or wins every match, even City and Pool drop points sometimes. If you ever offer me (say) 5 wins and 1 loss from 6 games, I'd take that, anyone would. The difference between the best and the also-rans is not that the best never lose, it's how they respond to losing - so if we get back to winning ways next weekend, and show a lot more energy than today, I'd still fancy us to take 4th.

It's still very much 'on'. COYS!

I like this mindset

Why not just congratulate Brighton? In two successive weekends they have gone away to the 4th and 5th place clubs and won both times. Yes we played shit but even if we had played well it would have been a tight game. There is very little difference between us and the scum so if Brighton beat them why is it such a shock that they beat us

Shows how good Potter is. If Levy pushes Conte out of the door with his stingy ways, we wouldn't go far wrong by approaching Potter

Back
Top Bottom