Paul Gascoigne

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just watched both episodes of the new Gazza documentary on iPlayer. It’s pretty heart breaking from various angles, but his decline as a footballer and the breakdown of his family are so completely tragic. We saw the very best of him at Spurs when he was on top of his game and his life was on an upwards trajectory. Just left me feeling very sick and disgusted with the media and the fake pals around him.

The comment at the end from his sister that she wish he had been not quite so good at football so he could have just been left alone to do what he loved were very much to the point.

Just a massive tragedy all round.

Just watched both episodes of the new Gazza documentary on iPlayer. It’s pretty heart breaking from various angles, but his decline as a footballer and the breakdown of his family are so completely tragic. We saw the very best of him at Spurs when he was on top of his game and his life was on an upwards trajectory. Just left me feeling very sick and disgusted with the media and the fake pals around him.

The comment at the end from his sister that she wish he had been not quite so good at football so he could have just been left alone to do what he loved were very much to the point.

Just a massive tragedy all round.
I've zero interest in watching what he has become. I'll remember him as in that 90/91 season, something not quite real and so wonderfully bright it hurt your eyes.

I've zero interest in watching what he has become. I'll remember him as in that 90/91 season, something not quite real and so wonderfully bright it hurt your eyes.
It was all about the time of his playing days so potentially more interesting than you might think. Some footage of his 1991 goals and lovely Hummel strips. 1989-91 were probably what he’d want to be remembered for too. Bright as you say - and sadly gone in a flash too.

It was all about the time of his playing days so potentially more interesting than you might think. Some footage of his 1991 goals and lovely Hummel strips. 1989-91 were probably what he’d want to be remembered for too. Bright as you say - and sadly gone in a flash too.
It was an amazing time to be alive. Those two seasons were incredible, either side of the Italy WC. And looking back it seemed that his ‘sliding doors moment’ was that tackle in the FA Cup final. Off he went to Lazio, and it seemed that despite some occasional success there and later at Rangers, he never quite achieved the same heights again.

It was an amazing time to be alive. Those two seasons were incredible, either side of the Italy WC. And looking back it seemed that his ‘sliding doors moment’ was that tackle in the FA Cup final. Off he went to Lazio, and it seemed that despite some occasional success there and later at Rangers, he never quite achieved the same heights again.
That was the point I made, after the cup final he was a shadow of himself. The Scottish league was very poor

Those were my first two seasons going to WHL. Wish I could have truly appreciated it at the time.

The media at the time were also clearly out of control. Looking back at how they were allowed to literally hound, tap up and abuse celebrities is quite shocking. Poor Gazza never stood a chance. He needed far better management and representation around him.

Extraordinary how a career and life changed as a result of one tackle, in so many ways he never recovered from that Wembley final

Agree, but that was the culmination of his inner demons bursting through, IMO, if not then it would have happened soon after.

For his health, he should of signed for Ferguson, might still have exploded personally, but he would have mentored him… on laying off the booze until the boots are hung up (or scared the shit out if him, to make him moderate)

Just watched the Gazza film - in 2 parts.

What an absolute legend, ruined by so many people. Just a lad who had great footballing skills, wanted to have a good time and have a beer with his mates.

Yet completely ruined by Piers Morgan and Rebbeca Brooks who wanted to use him to further their careers.

Just awful that he never stood a chance - people were hired to start fights with him just to get a story and getting a network of stooges to befriend him as fakes to get any inside story they could.

Just watched the Gazza film - in 2 parts.

What an absolute legend, ruined by so many people. Just a lad who had great footballing skills, wanted to have a good time and have a beer with his mates.

Yet completely ruined by Piers Morgan and Rebbeca Brooks who wanted to use him to further their careers.

Just awful that he never stood a chance - people were hired to start fights with him just to get a story and getting a network of stooges to befriend him as fakes to get any inside story they could.

Havent seen the documentary yet but I've always thought it's criminal what the media in this country can get away with.

Havent seen the documentary yet but I've always thought it's criminal what the media in this country can get away with.

England doesn’t lead the world in much but we’re streets ahead with our gutter press

Anything to do with Piers Morgan stinks

Utter cunt

Back
Top Bottom