Jack Clarke

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Christ....was Clarke that bad?

Funnily/weirdly/ironically/predictably enough, Clarke came on in the 53rd minute (when they were 'only' 0-3 down) along with... Alex Pritchard.... who replaced.... Dennis Cirkin!!

That's an unwanted record for our Spurs related trio right there!

First game they lose 0-6. Then the manager quits.

Now he gets Roy Keane as manager.

Sometimes the gods just aren't on your side are they? I think he'll be dying to come back here soon.

First game they lose 0-6. Then the manager quits.

Now he gets Roy Keane as manager.

Sometimes the gods just aren't on your side are they? I think he'll be dying to come back here soon.
Clarke seems a bit delicate, maybe Keane will toughen him up :moursad:

It's incompetence on a grand scale and the people responsible are never held to account. If i had spunked 10 million quid of my companies money on some shit purchase i'd expect to get fired or at the very least held to account and expected to justify the reasoning behind that outlay.

That doesn't seem to happen in football and definitely doesn't happen at Spurs.
It's the best industry to be in if you want to fail upwards, or at least sideways.

Look at the average managerial career, always ends in a sacking, which no doubt comes with a decent pay off, and it's guaranteed that there will be another club willing to take you on a few months down the line.

Let's cut our losses. If we can get a couple mil for him (excl bonuses) from a Ch'ship or League One team, let him go.

I wish the lad well. Don't think he'll ever be big time, but still young enough...can sew him become a decent Ch'ship player with the occasional season in the PL.

This article is part of Football League World’s ‘Terrace Talk‘ series, which provides personal opinions from our FLW Fan Pundits regarding the latest breaking news, teams, players, managers, potential signings and more…

In order to get game time, Jack Clarke joined Sunderland on loan from Tottenham Hotspur for the remainder of the season in the January transfer window.

Since his arrival on Wearside, the 21-year-old has made 11 appearances for the Black Cats, scoring and assisting once in those matches.
With Clarke set to return to his parent club Tottenham this summer, we asked FLW’s Sunderland fan pundit Jack Austwicke for his thoughts on whether or not he would like to see the club try to sign Clarke on a permanent deal at the end of the season.
“I would be interested to see Sunderland try and sign Jack Clarke in the summer because I feel like he’s a very exciting player.” Jack told FLW.

“He’s one that gets supporters off their feet, and I feel like if we did go up to the Championship, he could have a big impact as we’ve seen him do before with Leeds,”

“And in League One he’s a class above in my opinion – he’s a very, very talented, skilful player.”

“So yeah I’d definitely like to see us sign him.”

The Verdict​

Just eleven games into his tenure, I think it’s too early to assess whether or not Sunderland should attempt to buy Jack Clarke this summer.

With that being said though, I can totally see why Jack would want Clarke at the club beyond this season.

He is an exciting player and the potential is there for all to see, even if at times that potential is a bit rough around the edges.

If promoted to the Championship I could certainly see Clarke returning to Sunderland on loan again next campaign, but a permanent move would depend on Spurs willingness to sell and Sunderland’s willingness to pay.

This article is part of Football League World’s ‘Terrace Talk‘ series, which provides personal opinions from our FLW Fan Pundits regarding the latest breaking news, teams, players, managers, potential signings and more…

In order to get game time, Jack Clarke joined Sunderland on loan from Tottenham Hotspur for the remainder of the season in the January transfer window.

Since his arrival on Wearside, the 21-year-old has made 11 appearances for the Black Cats, scoring and assisting once in those matches.
With Clarke set to return to his parent club Tottenham this summer, we asked FLW’s Sunderland fan pundit Jack Austwicke for his thoughts on whether or not he would like to see the club try to sign Clarke on a permanent deal at the end of the season.
“I would be interested to see Sunderland try and sign Jack Clarke in the summer because I feel like he’s a very exciting player.” Jack told FLW.

“He’s one that gets supporters off their feet, and I feel like if we did go up to the Championship, he could have a big impact as we’ve seen him do before with Leeds,”

“And in League One he’s a class above in my opinion – he’s a very, very talented, skilful player.”

“So yeah I’d definitely like to see us sign him.”

The Verdict​

Just eleven games into his tenure, I think it’s too early to assess whether or not Sunderland should attempt to buy Jack Clarke this summer.

With that being said though, I can totally see why Jack would want Clarke at the club beyond this season.

He is an exciting player and the potential is there for all to see, even if at times that potential is a bit rough around the edges.

If promoted to the Championship I could certainly see Clarke returning to Sunderland on loan again next campaign, but a permanent move would depend on Spurs willingness to sell and Sunderland’s willingness to pay.
Count me as willing.

I am all in favour of promoting youth and going after prospects but this buy just did not make sense.
I saw him play for Leeds a couple of times and he was no Bale or Shaw. Then that mysterious illness.
I wish him all the best and hope he can make the most of this loan.

Gold:
Clarke played 85 minutes as a wing-back in Sunderland's dramatic 2-1 win at Oxford United on Saturday in League One.

His performance on the left earned him just a five though in the Chronicle Live player ratings with the review: "Struggled badly with the defensive side of his wing-back role."

The 21-year-old has now played 13 matches for the sixth-placed League One side, scoring once and providing one assist, as they look to find a route back to the Championship.

Gold:
Clarke played 85 minutes as a wing-back in Sunderland's dramatic 2-1 win at Oxford United on Saturday in League One.

His performance on the left earned him just a five though in the Chronicle Live player ratings with the review: "Struggled badly with the defensive side of his wing-back role."

The 21-year-old has now played 13 matches for the sixth-placed League One side, scoring once and providing one assist, as they look to find a route back to the Championship.
Seen him a few times in the last month. Has no business in our squad next season, probably ever, but he's a decent player.

Gold:
Clarke grabbed a crucial assist on Friday to help Sunderland beat Shrewsbury 3-2 at home in League One.

The 21-year-old played the full 90 minutes and earned a six in the Chronicle Live player ratings from the match with the review: "Caused Shrewsbury problems when he got forward down the left, and produced the assist for Broadhead's winner."

On Easter Monday, he got another full match under his belt, mostly as a wing-back, as Sunderland drew 0-0 at Plymouth.

The 21-year-old has now played 15 matches for the sixth-placed League One side, scoring once and providing two assists, as they look to find a route back to the Championship.

Back
Top Bottom