Jack Clarke

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I say we keep Clarke on loan there (he's clearly settled in) and give him a season in the Championship...

After all, going out in loan is supposed to IMPROVE you as a player... So what better may to monitor that improvement by stepping UP a division?!

Then, by the end of next season, we'll have a better idea if he really can 'Keith Hackett' in the Championship, and is maybe ready to step up again...
or if he's found his level there.

Win/win for both the player and Sunderland...
AND in a year or so, potentially us!

Good to move him on a perm but why we spent 12M on him vs Olise/Eze I have no idea.

Actually I do, no doubt it was that prick Hitchen….. a man so incompetent he would struggle to hold down a role flipping burgers in the South Stand

Good to move him on a perm but why we spent 12M
12M? According to Wikipedia:

"On 2 July 2019, Clarke signed for Premier League side Tottenham Hotspur for an undisclosed fee until 2023. The fee was believed to be in the region of £10 million, with further add ons".

Since he never kicked a ball for the Spurs 1st team, I'd assume the 'add ons' are next to nothing.

Anyway, the price we paid was a gamble on that he (and his value) would improve. Afterall, he had a very good season with Leeds, prior to Spurs buying him.

12M? According to Wikipedia:

"On 2 July 2019, Clarke signed for Premier League side Tottenham Hotspur for an undisclosed fee until 2023. The fee was believed to be in the region of £10 million, with further add ons".

Since he never kicked a ball for the Spurs 1st team, I'd assume the 'add ons' are next to nothing.

Anyway, the price we paid was a gamble on that he (and his value) would improve. Afterall, he had a very good season with Leeds, prior to Spurs buying him.
He didn’t have a good season prior, if I remember correctly he only started about 10 games. Showed flashes of promise but looked completely raw - unlike Eze/Olise. Hitchen the racist

He didn’t have a good season prior, if I remember correctly he only started about 10 games. Showed flashes of promise but looked completely raw - unlike Eze/Olise. Hitchen the racist
I know its a joke Zomb but don't. The old reactionary will start pear clutching. Real rascim is too serious to give bigots a tap in. You see how much they love that meme? They've even added a Kate Bush to prolong its shelf life...

He was voted Leed's Young Player Of The Season.
I watched Leeds a few times and he did not impress me. He got a mystery illness and I think he got the sympathy vote or there was not much competition.
He did not impress me much either when I watched him play for Sunderland but...he won them a playoff game and set up chances.
A Cirkin type deal should cover our bases. He is not near getting in our squad.

Just googled this potential transfer and nobody is even guessing what the fee will be.
Probably no one really cares. What a waste of time this transfer was. £10m gamble, Christ what was our scouting seeing in summer 2019. Lo Go Slow. N’Domtwobellies and this guy, probably on all of them I am harsh on Clark as no chance ever came his way or did he never do enough to earn a chance ?

Back
Top Bottom