Come here to laugh at the Fascist, Failing Chavs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

200.gif

Knew this wasn’t over with

Abramovich is far too proud to lose that amount of money

I think the govt will force it but unless they force it I can’t see a guy who is a close ally of Putin letting a Russian asset go to America equity firm for fuck all. Always seemed to easy.

I think the govt will force it but unless they force it I can’t see a guy who is a close ally of Putin letting a Russian asset go to America equity firm for fuck all. Always seemed to easy.
He still has to agree to it though even if they force it, the sticking point was always going to be him accepting the deal. The gov can do nothing if abramovich just says ‘actually fuck you and your deal’

He still has to agree to it though even if they force it, the sticking point was always going to be him accepting the deal. The gov can do nothing if abramovich just says ‘actually fuck you and your deal’

It’s just the govt. Chelsea is a proper Tory club, I don’t trust the govt not to find a loop hole or emergency legislation to take it off him to prevent issues. Chelsea aren’t Leeds or Rangers they are a ‘’cultural asset’’ in the words of one of our ministers.

It’s just the govt. Chelsea is a proper Tory club, I don’t trust the govt not to find a loop hole or emergency legislation to take it off him to prevent issues. Chelsea aren’t Leeds or Rangers they are a ‘’cultural asset’’ in the words of one of our ministers.
Yeah they always land on their feet, but this is a promising turn up

And effectively it’s not up to them, it all lies with him

The fudge to get the deal done - if the only point at issue is who gets the funds from the sale (both equity and debt) - is to stipulate the funds go into a certain bank account (UK govmt might well say Bank of England) with control of its dispersal being made by a committee, (a few nominees from RA eg Buck the Chelsea chairman plus half a dozen uk nominees).

That's kicking the can down the road.

Of course RA might not be happy as despite him agreeing proceeds could go to 'victims of Ukraine war' ........ which many suggest RA thinks of as the injured/dead from russian army rather than ukrainan - as he wants the money and is concerned the funds might end as being given to Ukraine as part of the funds to rebuild it.

So documenting that 'fudge' could take a little time ..........

and RA might well be gambling UK government won't want to put a PL club into administration ......

Back
Top Bottom