Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Or maybe you'd prefer to look into the period where we signed Hugo, Jan & Dembele and work out who was heading up the recruitment then....?

Yep Redknapp had a massive involvement in those signings. He lined them up before he was sacked by Levy in the summer of 2012

Will Zidane become Mbappe’s puppet?

What happens when PSG get the quarters of the CL next season and get booted out by Liverpool? Does Zidane get sacked by Mbappe.

What manager will finally get PSG the CL after Anncelotti, Emry, Blanc, Tuchel, Pochettino and Zidane have failed?

When will PSG convert their stadium into a circus tent?
I am hoping that we end up in a scenario where Qatar starts winding down their investing in PSG post world cup. Winning a CL before the Qatar world cup was always the end goal of PSG and that mission failed.

Imagine if they start winding down their investing and have just sold Mbappe a pig in lipstick.

Real Madrid have won the CL 6 times since 2000. 6 times.
Bayern Munich 3.
They are both proper European giants.
So I think a lot can be said for the whole mentality of a club and the way it’s run / expectations going back decades.

The other problem PSG have is the intensity they face week in week out taking into account the above.

It’s difficult to go from 40- 60% to 100%. And they can stroll league games.

Liverpool and City have clearly benefitted from being at their peak week in week out and having players at the same level able to come in. Jota and Diaz this season for example.

I don’t see that with PSG at all.

When the shit hits the fan - which it will in football - what do they fall back on?? The experience of La Rochelle away the previous week?

Where did the ligue winners of 2021 finish this year? Nowhere to be seen. It’s too easy for them to win games.
So I don’t see them winning the CL while their league is not competitive and they buy trophy players like Messi.

Compare them to Bayern next who are probably the closest in terms of a non competitive league. Could you get any further away from a culture at a football club?
Fan owned(of sorts?) and finalists 5x since 2000, winning it 3 times.
When they lined up against PSG in the CL final they had 6 German players starting. PSG 2 French players.

Add in the first CL final ever for PSG. During the COVID shitshow.

No history there whatsoever. I hope they never win it.

I completely agree that the 'easy league' thing is a double-edged sword. Regardless, these expectations have been thrust upon them - by their circumstances and their owners - whether anyone else associated with them likes it or not

So our two most successful managers didn’t want what Levy wanted . When Levy got what he wanted it was less successful
Thanks for confirming

Paratici and Conte looking promising I admit, only taken 22 years to get his preferred model to ( hopefully we win tomorrow) to work

way to go Danny boy
Successful? 😳

I don’t need a blinkered history lesson from you.

Seems to me if we take your blinkered view all at face value , Levy is guilty for continually losing vital cogs in our wheel. A DOF is there for stability and continuity therefore he should hang on to them , he doesn’t/ can’t

Nothing blinkered about it; I'm just presenting facts and timelines to you. You on the otherhand are all too evidently tunnel-visioned in your pursuit of "must blame Levy" that you're just hopping from one half-baked, reactionary take to the next.

You just effectively accused us of never making CL before. 🤡

Yep Redknapp had a massive involvement in those signings. He lined them up before he was sacked by Levy in the summer of 2012

Would be keen to know more about this period if you can point me in the right direction .....?

Even Messi didn’t have this power at Barca. Makes you wonder what the new manager must think, Zidane gets to be Mbappe’s bitch.

He pretty much did tbh. Think back to all the "Messi wants" stories that used to come out......

Successful? 😳

Poch was extremely successful with the resources he was given. Massively overachieved, nobody would've dreamed Spurs would make a CL final when he took over, or get nearly 90 points, or be top 4 comfortably almost every season either.

I don't blame him for lack of trophies. He was never given the squad depth to focus on league & domestic concerns, one competition had to be targeted, which dropped our odds of winning a EL or Carabao/FA cup significantly.

Nothing blinkered about it; I'm just presenting facts and timelines to you. You on the otherhand are all too evidently tunnel-visioned in your pursuit of "must blame Levy" that you're just hopping from one half-baked, reactionary take to the next.

You just effectively accused us of never making CL before. 🤡
Rubbish

i simply pointed out that as per your view Levy prefers a a DOF
Our most successful seasons as I type we did not have one .

I actually am pro the idea of a DOF who stays in place for a long time so the club has stability and continuity , shame your hero keeps misplacing them.
In fact in 22 years he has only managed to have a DOF for 8 years , not great execution of his own preferred strategy wouldn’t you say

Last edited:
Would be keen to know more about this period if you can point me in the right direction .....?

Redknapps close pal Ian Bloomfield was our chief scout at the time

Top talent-spotter Broomfield left Spurs on amicable terms following Redknapp’s shock axing. He was instrumental in setting up the signings of defender Jan Vertonghen, midfielder Moussa Dembele and goalkeeper Hugo Lloris before his White Hart Lane departure

Rubbish

i simply pointed out that as per your view Levy prefers a a DOF
Our most successful seasons as I type we did not have one .

I actually am pro the idea of a DOF who stays in place for a long time so the club has stability and continuity , shame your hero keeps misplacing them.
In fact in 22 years he has only managed to have a DOF for 8 years , not great execution of his own preferred strategy wouldn’t you say

Sorry fella.....'Boo Levy then work backwards' just blew up in your face.

Sorry fella.....'Boo Levy then work backwards' just blew up in your face.
What Cobblers I can dislike Levy and love Spurs , that is not cognitive dissonance . You can like your job and dislike a colleague or a boss.
Conversely someone can love Levy and think he is doing a good job, without being a sycophant and approve of everything he does

I appreciate the fact you knew you were talking rubbish so apologised even before you said it😀

Kindly don’t accuse me of not wanting Spurs to win or succeed again, which is effectively what your message implies. It’s a snidely comment that I thought about not responding to.
i never bought in to the you work for Levy narrative , just cos you vigorously defend him, I simply disagree with you

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom