Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You could argue winning a CL with PSG is much more ambitious and groundbreaking than being just another guy who won in the long history of Madrid.

You could open such a debate, but IMO once you factor in the week-to-week stroll that is life for PSG in Ligue Un; they should absolutely breeze their way to the final every damn year given their resources.

If Pep not winning a CL at MC = failure; then PSG bumming out each year is an utter joke.

That the French President and Qatari Emir, both were in contact with him, imploring him to stay shows that this was something just beyond a regular football move.

Yup. Kickbacks and trickle-down economics all over the shop.

Scummy.

Joke club, shit, murderous owners. Mbappe actually played them and they fell for it. It's going to be hilarious watching PSG now, when the manager is confirmed (not that we didn't know already) to have 0 control over the dressing room, tactics, transfers etc.

As for Poch, he's going to sit it out until a big job becomes available. I can see him being a perfect manager for Juve or Inter in Serie A.

Shame cause if he would have just agreed to getting a DOF then maybe things would have worked out differently...
Yeah let’s blame Poch

Hopefully Paratici does a good job and stays, Levy’s track record on hiring and keeping DOFs is pretty crap though .
A DOF is meant to bring stability , our DOFs have not been able to bring stability to their own jobs even , that is on Danny boy

Yeah let’s blame Poch

Hopefully Paratici does a good job and stays, Levy’s track record on hiring and keeping DOFs is pretty crap though .
A DOF is meant to bring stability , our DOFs have not been able to bring stability to their own jobs even , that is on Danny boy

We've not had a DOF since Baldini and before that it was Comolli......

It's always seemed like Levy's prefered structure, but for the likes of Redknapp & Poch he was seemingly prepared to turn his back on it.

Some of these figures are surely exaggerated but if it's even half of any of that then it's absolutely fucking revolting how twisted football has become.
It reminds me of Marcus who stacked shelves at Tesco, he was very good at it, sainsburys wanted him, turns out Tesco agreed to pay him £1500 a week to stay and a job for life , he got to pick his own supervisor and line manager. Even got a say in what type of tins were to be bought in.
Marcus fell off a steppy stool not long after the deal was signed during the Easter Sunday rush…..

We've not had a DOF since Baldini and before that it was Comolli......

It's always seemed like Levy's prefered structure, but for the likes of Redknapp & Poch he was seemingly prepared to turn his back on it.
So our two most successful managers didn’t want what Levy wanted . When Levy got what he wanted it was less successful
Thanks for confirming

Paratici and Conte looking promising I admit, only taken 22 years to get his preferred model to ( hopefully we win tomorrow) to work

way to go Danny boy

My point is if he had accepted one it would not have been a success on Levy’s history with DOF’s up to that point, jury out on Paratici

Great, that wasn't my point though I said things might have turned out differently seeing as we spunked a load of cash on shit, even if we had a DoF for a few rears to support him we might have recruited better or at least had a better strategy and approach to transfers.

So our two most successful managers didn’t want what Levy wanted . When Levy got what he wanted it was less successful
Thanks for confirming

All this "confirms" is you need to learn a little more history....

- Go and look who we signed under Comolli for example. It was the core of his recruitment that got us to the CL for the first time (see your comment at the bottom).

- Or maybe you'd prefer to look into the period where we signed Hugo, Jan & Dembele and work out who was heading up the recruitment then....?

- It also confirms that if Levy had stuck to his guns with regards to having a DOF; we might not have bought so many duds on Poch's watch.

- Similarly, maybe we'd have ended up with Suarez if he hadn't listened to Redknapp.

Paratici and Conte looking promising I admit, only taken 22 years to get his preferred model to ( hopefully we win tomorrow) to work

So your gauge of a "working" system in this context is CL football?

.....That's once in 22 years is it?

First time? (See above - top)

2nd time around? Consider whom recruited the core of the players that Poch managed to the CL..... (Clue it wasn't Poch, Mitchel, Hitchens).

3rd time? ......Enter Parattici.

way to go Danny boy

Yawn. Sounds like you'd rather bitch about fantasy, rather than speak on the facts.

Last edited:
All this "confirms" is you need to learn a little more history....

- Go and look who we signed under Comolli for example. It was the core of his recruitment that got us to the CL for the first time (see your comment at the bottom).

-Or maybe you'd prefer to look into the period where we signed Hugo, Jan & Dembele and work out who was heading up the recruitment then....?

- It also confirms that if Levy had stuck to his guns with regards to having a DOF; we might not have bought so many duds on Poch's watch.

- Similarly, maybe we'd have ended up with Suarez if he hadn't listened to Redknapp.

So your gauge of a "working" system in this context is CL football?

.....That's once in 22 years is it?

First time? (See above - top)

2nd time around? Consider whom recruited the core of the players that Poch managed to the CL..... (Clue it wasn't Poch, Mitchel, Hitchens).

3rd time? ......Enter Parattici.

Yawn. Sounds like you'd rather bitch about fantasy, rather than speak on the facts.
I don’t need a blinkered history lesson from you.

Seems to me if we take your blinkered view all at face value , Levy is guilty for continually losing vital cogs in our wheel. A DOF is there for stability and continuity therefore he should hang on to them , he doesn’t/ can’t

You could open such a debate, but IMO once you factor in the week-to-week stroll that is life for PSG in Ligue Un; they should absolutely breeze their way to the final every damn year given their resources.

If Pep not winning a CL at MC = failure; then PSG bumming out each year is an utter joke.

Yup. Kickbacks and trickle-down economics all over the shop.

Scummy.
Real Madrid have won the CL 6 times since 2000. 6 times.
Bayern Munich 3.
They are both proper European giants.
So I think a lot can be said for the whole mentality of a club and the way it’s run / expectations going back decades.

The other problem PSG have is the intensity they face week in week out taking into account the above.

It’s difficult to go from 40- 60% to 100%. And they can stroll league games.

Liverpool and City have clearly benefitted from being at their peak week in week out and having players at the same level able to come in. Jota and Diaz this season for example.

I don’t see that with PSG at all.

When the shit hits the fan - which it will in football - what do they fall back on?? The experience of La Rochelle away the previous week?

Where did the ligue winners of 2021 finish this year? Nowhere to be seen. It’s too easy for them to win games.
So I don’t see them winning the CL while their league is not competitive and they buy trophy players like Messi.

Compare them to Bayern next who are probably the closest in terms of a non competitive league. Could you get any further away from a culture at a football club?
Fan owned(of sorts?) and finalists 5x since 2000, winning it 3 times.
When they lined up against PSG in the CL final they had 6 German players starting. PSG 2 French players.

Add in the first CL final ever for PSG. During the COVID shitshow.

No history there whatsoever. I hope they never win it.

Will Zidane become Mbappe’s puppet?

What happens when PSG get the quarters of the CL next season and get booted out by Liverpool? Does Zidane get sacked by Mbappe.

What manager will finally get PSG the CL after Anncelotti, Emry, Blanc, Tuchel, Pochettino and Zidane have failed?

When will PSG convert their stadium into a circus tent?

Will Zidane become Mbappe’s puppet?

What happens when PSG get the quarters of the CL next season and get booted out by Liverpool? Does Zidane get sacked by Mbappe.

What manager will finally get PSG the CL after Anncelotti, Emry, Blanc, Tuchel, Pochettino and Zidane have failed?

When will PSG convert their stadium into a circus tent?
Find out in the next episode of Soap!

Back
Top Bottom