Yves Bissouma

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Or just decides that's the day they're gonna say they felt threatened. Many things could trigger someone to say that.

That's for the people carrying out the investigation to decide, not someone sat on a football forum who wants his team to sign a good player

As I've said all along, we're on dangerous ground where someone can ruin someone's life with little more than words.

Clunky wording as that happens all the time - but i broadly agree.

Doesn't mean we have to trivialise sexual assualt in the meantime however

Can't wait for Spurs to announce Bissouma so we can move past "should we sign someone under investigation" ? and start the important discussion on how "we shouldn't have signed someone under investigation".

I'm sure the club knows far more than anyone here, and wouldn't be signing him if they were concerned.

I

I'm not saying he's guilty! I think I've been pretty clear about that. However, he's under investigation, and we do not know what his involvement in that is.

The police comments simply states "sexual assault". I haven't seen them state anything more detailed.

I hope he is innocent, and my gut is somewhat thinking he is (as you said, the stuff that's been in the media has not been as overwhelming as with Greenwood). Though, I'm worried the police hasn't cleared him yet.
There is an unusually intelligent and insightful video from the Boy Hotspur on the subject:

What do you mean? Youth coach or something?

He seemed pretty poor at Brighton tbh, they look much more well coached under Potter.

Youth, coaching, ambassador, scouting........ Whatever.

Newcastle United
Football League Championship: 2009–10
- Treated like dirt by Ashley.

Newcastle United​

On 22 February 2008, Hughton was appointed first team coach at Newcastle United by director of football Dennis Wise, joining Kevin Keegan's coaching staff, working primarily on defence with Steve Round.[15] In his first match, Newcastle beat Hughton's former club Tottenham 4–1, at White Hart Lane.[16]

On 8 September 2008, Hughton was named caretaker manager of Newcastle following the departures of Keegan, Terry McDermott and Adam Sadler.[17] After a defeat to newly promoted, but in-form, Hull City[18] and a League Cup exit to Tottenham Hotspur[19] though, Hughton stood down as caretaker and was replaced on a temporary basis by Joe Kinnear.[20] Hughton was promoted to assistant manager after the Magpies appointed Colin Calderwood as first team coach on 26 January 2009. In February, Kinnear took ill before a game with West Bromwich Albion[21] and Hughton took charge of that game which Newcastle won 3–2.[22] In the week following the win, it was revealed that Kinnear needed a heart bypass operation and that Hughton along with Colin Calderwood and Paul Barron would have to take charge of the team for the next few weeks and possibly months. However, defeats to Bolton Wanderers,[23] Manchester United[24] and Woolwich,[25] and draws against Everton[26] and Hull City[27] resulted in Newcastle appointing Alan Shearer as interim manager until the end of the season.[28]

Caretaker spell​

During the off-season of 2009, owner Mike Ashley announced he was selling the club, and Hughton was again left with the job of caretaker manager when the club failed to further secure the services of Alan Shearer. This was followed by a statement from Llambias: "Mike Ashley feels it would be unwise to appoint a team manager when the club is for sale," leaving Hughton in charge for the start of the 2009–10 season. Hughton's first two games in charge of the new season saw inspired performances in a 1–1 draw with West Bromwich Albion away from home and a memorable 3–0 win against Reading at home, which ended in Shola Ameobi getting his first ever hat trick. He continued Newcastle's unbeaten start of the new season with a 1–0 victory over Sheffield Wednesday which also featured his first transfer signing of the season Danny Simpson. Hughton also signed Peter Løvenkrands and Fabrice Pancrate on free transfers and completed the loan signings of Zurab Khizanishvili[29] and Marlon Harewood.[30]

Permanent role​

Hughton managing Newcastle United in 2010

A positive start to the 2009–10 season saw Hughton win successive Manager of the Month awards for August and September and then again in November, resulting in the board naming him as the new permanent manager of the club, after two stints as caretaker.[31] Hughton's league start to his managerial career was the best in Newcastle's history. In January, Newcastle signed Mike Williamson, Wayne Routledge and Leon Best in permanent transfers and Fitz Hall and Patrick van Aanholt on loan. On 5 April 2010, Newcastle, under Hughton's control, confirmed their promotion back to the Premier League prior to a match against Sheffield United, after Nottingham Forest failed to win their match against Cardiff City. They then went on to win the game 2–1 with a Peter Løvenkrands penalty and a bicycle kick-goal from Kevin Nolan to earn them a place back in the Premier League after just one season away.[32] Newcastle then went on to clinch the Championship title on 19 April 2010 after a 2–0 victory over Plymouth Argyle, winning 30, drawing 12 and losing just 4 of their 46 matches. Newcastle were unbeaten at home for the entire 2009–10 season including both cup competitions, clinching promotion in record time.

During pre-season for the 2010–11 season, Hughton signed Sol Campbell and Dan Gosling for free whilst getting James Perch for an undisclosed fee. His first home win on return to the Premier League came on 22 August, when Newcastle thrashed Aston Villa 6–0, with three goals from Andy Carroll, two goals from Kevin Nolan and one from Joey Barton.[33] Hughton received praise for his calm management style to stabilise the club, shrewd signings and guiding Newcastle back to the Premier League. Prior to Newcastle's 1–1 draw with Wolverhampton Wanderers and away win at Everton, he completed the signings of Cheick Tioté and Hatem Ben Arfa. Despite leading his newly promoted side to healthy ninth place by the end of October, unrest came when star player Andy Carroll was arrested for assault. Newcastle followed this with wins at West Ham United and a memorable 5–1 derby victory against Sunderland.[34] Both before and after the victory Hughton received the backing of his players and the Newcastle supporters.[35] Later in 2010, Hughton led United to their first win against Woolwich in five years, beating Woolwich 1–0 at the Emirates Stadium with an Andy Carroll header.

Following a 3–1 defeat at West Brom in December, Hughton became the first Premier League manager of the 2010–11 season to lose his job, as he was dismissed by managing director Derek Llambias. The decision was badly received by the players and the supporters, with veteran defender Sol Campbell claiming that the decision "makes no sense", and local commentator and ex-player John Anderson saying he was "devastated and angry".[36] The dismissal was also condemned by Lord Alan Sugar,[37] Colin Calderwood[38] and Alan Shearer.[39] The club stated that "an individual with more managerial experience [was] needed to take the club forward".[40] Peter Fraser of Sky Sports said that Hughton "brought calmness, dignity and respect to the Magpies' dugout",[41] while the BBC's Phil McNulty's opinion was that "Newcastle's followers have been loyal and grateful to Hughton" and that "Ashley will no doubt face further accusations that he is out of touch with football's realities".[42] Before the match against Liverpool on 11 December, campaigners from United For Newcastle organised a protest outside St James' Park as an opportunity for supporters to thank Hughton and to show their anger towards Ashley's decision.[43]

Brighton & Hove Albion
EFL Championship runner-up: 2016–17
- Kept them up for another 2 seasons (15th & 17th). Sacked in the 3rd..... It's taken Potter 3 years to better that 15th place finish.

+ Tottenham to the core..... Knows the club inside out.... Been youth & reserves manager and assistant 1st team manager before.

Any form of sexual assault is unbelievably serious and shouldn’t be made light of.

In Boussima’s case, he’s 10000% innocent until any new information comes to light to prove otherwise. In this respect, it’s a bit like signing anyone else ….

The bloke flew back from Mali yesterday, let’s stop speaking about him as If he’s a fugitive and move on.

Last edited:
Great player, but the sexual assault albatross cannot and should not be ignored. I earnestly belive in innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Complicated one truly, want to respect the process, but also respect the alleged victim.

Great player, but the sexual assault albatross cannot and should not be ignored. I earnestly belive in innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Complicated one truly, want to respect the process, but also respect the alleged victim.
For all we know he was arrested because he was present when his companion touched a woman’s arse from behind (which according to alleged witness reports, is exactly what happened).

Nobody should have any opinion on him whatsoever until he’s been charged or found guilty of a crime.

For all we know he was arrested because he was present when his companion touched a woman’s arse from behind (which according to alleged witness reports, is exactly what happened.

Nobody should have any opinion on him whatsoever until he’s been charged or found guilty of a crime.
I didn't fucking say it was. It is complicated though. We should sign the kid but it is not without issues.

I believe in innocence before being proven guilty, but that does not mean it is without issue.

Yeah, like you making a statement like that is not attention whore behavior at all. What a tool.

No I made a statement like that because you repeated the same thing that about 200 other posters have posted in this thread and it was fucking boring reading someone's personal opinion on a case they know nothing about 3 weeks ago and its even more fucking boring now when some whore thinks their interpretation of what might have happened or will happen is more important than the last dipshit to post the same rubbish assumptions.

No I made a statement like that because you repeated the same thing that about 200 other posters have posted in this thread and it was fucking boring reading someone's personal opinion on a case they know nothing about 3 weeks ago and its even more fucking boring now when some whore thinks their interpretation of what might have happened or will happen is more important than the last dipshit to post the same rubbish assumptions.
I have an actual job and am on holiday. I do not have the fucking time to sort through all the posts. Pretty sure that was my first post in this thread and you chose to get your panties in a wad.

Back
Top Bottom