Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't hate the idea of Richarlison but don't love it either

Especially if it's near the 60 mil price range , silly amount of money for what we'd be getting

I call bullshit on that. Richarlison is a mug and won’t improve us near enough. Some here are saying £60m for him? That’s fucking mad. He is a self centred ass that will completely fuck the mentality that Conte is trying to build. I don’t believe Conte wants him. If I’m wrong I will admit my mistake. But at the moment I just don’t see it. Made up ITK crap like most of it. Perisic and Bissouma happened out of the blue and under the radar. This drag on Richarlison shit is rubbish and so is he. That’s my opinion whether others agree or not

That you Mikel?

Only your posts have the ability to unite the forum as one. You are truly the leader we have been missing.

Smells of Levy 4th choice doesn’t it. Getting suspiciously worried how this window started (fantastic) and where it’s heading. The names mentioned recently are all extremely underwhelming. Reeks of Levy going for his 4th choice cheapo options
@bonaspurs. Should be 'Bornayesterdayspurs'. I'm very glad I could be of assistance. Seems though, your theory is a little flawed. Don Corleone Don Corleone , Thanx for backing me up. Thanx for joining me in this leadership role.

I don't know what rock some of you been hiding under. Spurs don't buy players for 50 million. Unless it's some flop Don Levy has sanctioned. My world were not even out of my mouth properly and reports, "Levy sanctions 100 million for transfers". So he has shaved 50 million off the 150.

I guess, if reports are true, Winks is worth 20-25 million, Emerson is worth 25 million, and Lucas Moura is worth more than 25 million.

Totally wrong. Only one he couldn't get a tune out of was Doherty, and Conte only got a tune out of him for a week.

He initially found an decent solution to our lopsided backline, by having Davies play deep like a LCB and Aurier more like a WB.

He had his issues, but the players he backed are the same ones Conte has backed. Dier, Davies, PEH, The ones he disliked were the ones sent away by Conte.

You're misremembering- he hadn't a clue what to do with our defence as he kept shuffling players in and out after 'individual' mistakes.

These are attacking players, not 20 year old centre backs. If we sign Gvardiol I certainly wouldn't complain, but there's a big risk factor with a player that young in that particular position. Young attackers can get away with being inconsistent/flashes of genius. Defenders get judged on consistency.

I don't disagree with you post, but would someone in here explain to me why so many scouts think that this kid is now and will become the best player in his position in World football?

Why are all of them so wrong?

Wasn’t sure initially, but Richarlison is going to be an excellent addition. Adds much needed squad depth in attack and he can play anywhere across the front 3. Welcome the pigeon i say.
pigeon looking GIF by Stephanie Z. Delazeri

Let’s say we got

Gvardiol 55M
Richarlison 40M + winks
Spence 20M

That’s 115M

Add sales of Bergwijn/Regulion/Emerson/Lo celso and loans of Rodon/Ndombele

Would people be happy? Do we still lack that little bit of midfield guile/attacking creativity?
Happy

We added midfield guile and attacking creativity at start of Feb with massive impact. No need to dinlo

I agree that in general it's better to pay a little premium to get a really good player than "value for money" in our current stage of development as a team.

£80m is a step too far though. You should only bet money you can (mostly) afford to lose.

Mate, Levy has been fucking developing this club for twenty odd years!

When do we shit or get off the pot?

I fucking hate fans of this club who still see us as a club/team under development when all that was needed was a manager like Conte to come in and tell Levy to put on his big boy pants and start being a football chairman and not a chairman of a fucking bank.

Rant over....

:angryscouser:

What kind of weirdo holds their breath on an out breath?!
If you had observed your breath you would have noticed that's how the breath functions biologically in certain situations. In any "tense" situation (be it Spurs about to score or concede a goal, or a scary situation) a person will automatically hold his/her breath in....and then "breathe a sigh for relief" by breathing in....

Both Raphinha & Richarlison is unrealistic as both players will want more playing time ahead of World Cup.

Alasdair Gold said that Richarlison is preferred by Spurs because he can play CF too, and thus we'll have cover for each position in our front 3.

My preference would be to go for Raphinha & Gouiri instead. Raphinha can play RW, Gouiri can play LW/CF.

You lot actually wanna spend 80m on this Gvardiol dude despite him having 1 year in the Bundesliga and 0 Prem experience, you lot are actually nuts

As bad as Scouse spending up to a 100 on a fifty odd game player from Benfica with no PL experience.

I don't ever think we will spend 80m on any player, but to suggest that talent can't be seen at that age or experience is plain daft.

As bad as Scouse spending up to a 100 on a fifty odd game player from Benfica with no PL experience.

I don't ever think we will spend 80m on any player, but to suggest that talent can't be seen at that age or experience is plain daft.

lol what a comparison, have you seen the state of the market as far as strikers are concerned? Due to the dearth of talent on players who normally go for a premium anyway you're always going to have to pay big (what are Liverpool's alternatives?) comparing them to CB's who we have an abundance of other options in that area that we can look at is silly.

Torres, Bremmer, Ndickia, Badiashile, Lenglet, Martinez are our other options by the way yet you wanna drop 80m on Gvardiol, behave.

You're misremembering- he hadn't a clue what to do with our defence as he kept shuffling players in and out after 'individual' mistakes.
I'm not saying we were good, but that the players he identified as good/useful and the ones he saw as useless was pretty much spot on.

Depends on how you look at it. If one is holding back from breathing one is also holding one's breath and one can do that after inhalation or after an exhalation :cool:

"Technically" you would be between breaths.

Holding one's breath amounts to breathing in, but no out.

:mourthumb:

60 mill on player thats never scored more then 20 goals in any season

when you start going that high you want a game changer or at least someone you can think of in thee big games where you are going to bring someone on to make a difference im honestly not sure rich is that player

Back
Top Bottom