Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’d be ecstatic.

But Gvardiol isn’t leaving Leipzig for 55. They turned down 60 in January, no?
Yeah we’d prob need to add on another 15 based on CL progression/domestic success Etc.

There’s also the issue of course that he may not want to come..

All of our defenders that he couldn't get a tune out of so kept dropping one after the other trying to stumble on a solution to the fact he can't coach?
Totally wrong. Only one he couldn't get a tune out of was Doherty, and Conte only got a tune out of him for a week.

He initially found an decent solution to our lopsided backline, by having Davies play deep like a LCB and Aurier more like a WB.

He had his issues, but the players he backed are the same ones Conte has backed. Dier, Davies, PEH, The ones he disliked were the ones sent away by Conte.

We have no idea if Conte is happy or unhappy. I'll bet you, however, he'd be more unhappy if we got in the wrong player early than the right player late.

And it's not like he's oblivious to how transfers work. If it's a complicated one and it takes us an extra week or two to get it over the line, I doubt he'll throw a hissy fit. What's important is that we're working diligently on getting his targets and, quite frankly, no one has a clue who these players are (other than Bastoni).

Of course he won’t but you can guarantee the bottom feeders will be pushing that line.

Yeah we’d prob need to add on another 15 based on CL progression/domestic success Etc.

There’s also the issue of course that he may not want to come..
Of course he’d want to come.
We would have the Croatian connection at the back left….
And more importantly-recent posts say we should add Salah as well so why wouldn’t he?

In all seriousness….RB are not needing influx of cash, and from what I’ve heard before he’s happy there so….I don’t see this happening

Let’s say we got

Gvardiol 55M
Richarlison 40M + winks
Spence 20M

That’s 115M

Add sales of Bergwijn/Regulion/Emerson/Lo celso and loans of Rodon/Ndombele

Would people be happy? Do we still lack that little bit of midfield guile/attacking creativity?
We would be missing Berg/GLC replacements.

Don't know much of Zaniolo but his numbers look shit
Unfortunately this is common with fans "his numbers look shit" it's all about random stats not what the player can do on a pitch, at least you were honest enough to say you don't know much about him. There's actual fans on here who don't even watch players playing in the prem regularly and will then try to argue with you that they're no good because of raw numbers they've looked up.

I dunno ... 22 year old who has a lot of experience already and potential to improve (and resale value) vs a 30 year old who won't be half as good as his pace deserts him over the next few years . Over the next 3-5years I think you could make a good case for Kulu > Salah
Got laughs from this from a pair of flakey cunts who have long since been blocked. Most likely gooners.

When Salah was the same age as Kulu he barely played an entire season for the chavs on account of being shite, and was flogged to Italy. Over next 5 years Kulu will approach his prime and Salah will have mostly likely retired.

The issue is not the amount of money on one player; but we have a limited pot of money to spend (apparently north of £100m this summer), and I don't think we're happy with taking the risk of spending most of that on one player who is a youngster from Bundesliga with potential.

If it was a prem proven youngster that is a different story.
Yeah if it was Ben White he’s worth the money. This idea that is big risk to buy players from Bundesliga is hilarious. Lukaku is made for PL but again he’s biggest flop ever.

Got laughs from this from a pair of flakey cunts who have long since been blocked. Most likely gooners.

When Salah was the same age as Kulu he barely played an entire season for the chavs on account of being shite, and was flogged to Italy. Over next 5 years Kulu will approach his prime and Salah will have mostly likely retired.

Was that the argument? No I don't think it was...the debate was Salah vs Kulu and you've turned it into what you think's gonna happen in 5 years time, pretty obvious we're talking here and now

Pitiful mental gymnastics nonsense 🤣

His mom is really fit.
0-AF39997-8926-4369-970-E-2-F2396-A9-CCCB.jpg

yes I am, aren’t I….💋

Agreed. I would still love Gvardiol here but not for 80m. I’m sure we could get him for something less.

We were making fun of Pool for paying 80m for Nunez after 1 good season.

Therein lies the difference between the two teams.

Having the courage of your convictions. We have the Don here now, not a bald gimp who himself admitted that he "hates" January.

Liverpool and City have spent lot of money on certain players and have come up well with the vast majority of them. They surely haven't cornered the market in talent spotting?

Back
Top Bottom