Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

face slap GIF
I have cracked a lot worse jokes than that on here believe me

Hope we get someone in this week. Plenty of time left in the window but to keep conte happy we need to get some more in before preseason starts. Don’t and you know the media will start spinning some stories that he’s unhappy.

Richarlison has 48 goals in 173 appearances

Maupay has 26 in 102.

Pretty similar stats, both have good work rate and played at low to mid level clubs.

Moot post.

Maupay can't play CF and WF...... Try and stay on-piste, fella.

Yet Richarlison is so much better in your eyes and Maupay is a joke to you.

You really should stop guessing what I think of Richarlison; but nah... I'm sure Maupay is a decent enough fella.... Funny as shit that you'd bring him up in this convo though.

Pass the crack pipe this way when you are done 👍
I dunno ... 22 year old who has a lot of experience already and potential to improve (and resale value) vs a 30 year old who won't be half as good as his pace deserts him over the next few years . Over the next 3-5years I think you could make a good case for Kulu > Salah

I agree. And to be clear I don’t want Salah at Spurs but I would rather overpay for him than bring in Richarlison. I just think he would be a disaster. There will be plenty of “rejects” like Kulu out there. If our scouts are out there and we have Richarlison as first choice then I think we fire all those scouts
It's not a scouts job to determine who is first choice though. They spend time watching players, gathering data and presenting all that back to the decision makers within the club.

Hope we get someone in this week. Plenty of time left in the window but to keep conte happy we need to get some more in before preseason starts. Don’t and you know the media will start spinning some stories that he’s unhappy.
We have no idea if Conte is happy or unhappy. I'll bet you, however, he'd be more unhappy if we got in the wrong player early than the right player late.

And it's not like he's oblivious to how transfers work. If it's a complicated one and it takes us an extra week or two to get it over the line, I doubt he'll throw a hissy fit. What's important is that we're working diligently on getting his targets and, quite frankly, no one has a clue who these players are (other than Bastoni).

Back
Top Bottom