Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m not gonna pretend I know anything about Lenglet, but the fact that everyone seems to hate him makes me want him. Seems like another Kulu situation… you know that slow ginger who couldn’t possibly play in the PL.

He was very highly rated before going to Barca

and they have a history of fucking up the development of non-Barca youngsters

he's probably not first choice - but a one season loan and then we go back for Bastoni or Gvardiol next season wouldn't be a crazy idea

He was very highly rated before going to Barca

and they have a history of fucking up the development of non-Barca youngsters

he's probably not first choice - but a one season loan and then we go back for Bastoni or Gvardiol next season wouldn't be a crazy idea
When was the last time a player left Barca for a top 4 team and succeeded?

I’m not gonna pretend I know anything about Lenglet, but the fact that everyone seems to hate him makes me want him. Seems like another Kulu situation… you know that slow ginger who couldn’t possibly play in the PL.
People on here are fairly split on him. He was good, he's been through an extended slump. Some believe that an elite coach and reduced defensive burden in back three will prompt a resurgence in him.

They scammed us in to signing Emerson Royal (who looked decent) and now they are going to scam us in to signing Lenglet (who has been below average for 3 years now).

Just because Kulusevski and Bentancur have been good for the few months they've been here, doesn't mean that every single average player we sign for Conte will magically turn to gold. Come on..

Richarlison has potential to grow. Moura pretty much has reached his ceiling.

The question though should be, 'Do we need to spend 50 million on Richarlison when, right now, he isn't that much more of a better player than Moura. They aren't the creative midfielders we need ( (Eriksen Type). Is the money not better invested elsewhere on the park, eg WBs, a GK, a AM (as mentioned), a world class CB.

I believe Conte must be the most frustrated manager around.
Wait, weren't you complaining that we don't spend on transfers? Now that we're spending you're bitching that it's not on the players that you would like to see signed, even though it has been reported that the players that we are signing are the ones that Conte wants. On top of that, you believe we should spend money on a creative midfielder, even though that is not what Conte's system requires. And you think that by doing what you want, which is contrary to what Conte requires, is what is going to make Conte frustrated???

I believe the only one frustrated around here is you.

I think Bissouma, Perisic and Richarlison will actually push us up a level, because you have to compare them to what we had before. We no longer have to rely on the likes of Winks, Sess, Bergwijn. Look at the impact of Kulu, Benta, Romero.

The problem is that it's not nearly enough. It's still a team with big gaping holes in the squad.

To be fair both ManCity and Chelsea fans say the same - despite having spent a billion each over many years on players.

Wait, weren't you complaining that we don't spend on transfers? Now that we're spending you're bitching that it's not on the players that you would like to see signed, even though it has been reported that the players that we are signing are the ones that Conte wants. On top of that, you believe we should spend money on a creative midfielder, even though that is not what Conte's system requires. And you think that by doing what you want, which is contrary to what Conte requires, is what is going to make Conte frustrated???

I believe the only one frustrated around here is you.

When Chelsea won the league with 3-4-3, Cesc Fabregas scored 5 & assisted 12. He's also had the likes of Pogba and Pirlo in his midfields, and at the end of his stint at Inter was bringing Eriksen in to the lineup.

Conte likes versatility, the creative mid might not start every game but is still a crucial cog when the setup isn't working to break a team down.

Back
Top Bottom