Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'd have a really hard time getting behind Maddison, if I'm honest.

The block has a face that is as punchable as Wilshits

Understandable but he is a fantastic player who last season was as good as any AM in the league De Bruyne excepted.

I used to think he was a show pony but his overall game is elite now.

He would be the strangest fit. He was awful off the ball last season, let’s runners go past him, positionally a mess. He is lovely with the ball but his defensive performance would have to dramatically improve.

Maddison is by far Leicester’s best player last year, was good at pretty much everything and kept them above mediocrity.
Yeah would much prefer Maddison but I don't see that happening.

I just don't know where Tielemans would play for us without a formation change. I doubt he'd slot in in the 3-4-3 because he's just not solid enough defensively to operate in a midfield two. I think he'd look very good in a midfield 2 of our other midfielders supporting him, but that means we're only playing 2 of Kane, Son, Deki and Richarlison. So he gets in the team there but I think that's a weaker team overall.

Just remembered I have a report to finish by close of business tomorrow and I've spent all fucking morning chatting shit on here about Richarlison.

Doubt I'll find the motivation to work on it until tomorrow morning now tbh!

:kanehand:

Pray Nba Playoffs GIF by Milwaukee Bucks

Without doubt

Maddison must be one of the most underrated players in the prem, 18 goals and 11 assists in all comps last season yet doesn't get a look in for England. I don't like the guy but hes got a lot of talent.

Think he had the highest G/A of any English player per min other than Kane. He did it in a Leicester that was well below par. He would probably cost £70m though and I am sure Leicester would do everything to keep him.

Bluedog would have input on that/

Maddison has 2 years left. I suspect there is a deal to be done if we wanted.
I think he's a bit of a berk though. Idiotic tweets, off pitch shenanigans. Not really what a lot of top clubs want

Noises about Tielemans on SC.

I'll tell you this... if we get him, we might have to rename scum to Salt FC.

That'd be Yves, Charlie and Youri... who they wanted.

I've wanted Tielemans for years.

Under Conte he'd be amazing. 🙏

Tielemans would be amazing. People on here call him flaky but we already have plenty of tackling in midfield, we need a technician. He does work hard off the ball still & is highly intelligent, moves the ball really quickly which we've lacked for so, so long.

Tielemans would be amazing. People on here call him flaky but we already have plenty of tackling in midfield, we need a technician. He does work hard off the ball still & is highly intelligent, moves the ball really quickly which we've lacked for so, so long.
Under Conte he'd be purring.

One of the best passers in the prem.

Easily.

In his element he is pure silk.

can't see Forest wanting to sell as neither Gil nor Sarr right for PL next season
They need a CB, a RWB , a LWB, a CM and an AM/winger just to replace the players that have left to return to their clubs or left on a free, before they can even think about upgrading. Would be hard to do on their budget which they have already spent 18m on replacing a striker that returned from loan.

Have a look at their CM and AM options, Sarr and Gil would probably walk into that team.

Two games a week pretty much the majority of the season, with a world cup slap bang in the middle of it lol

The way Conte flogs his wing backs, we could well see five or even six of them in the 25 man squad

Keeper 3
Wingback 6
Centre Back 6
Centre mid 4
Forward 6

Back
Top Bottom