Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

sacha baron cohen party hard GIF

If there's one attacking mid that is realistic and affordable who are you taking? Maddison? Ruiz? Brandt? Hakan C?

It's not a very varied pool of possibilities out there and I definitely think we need a little craft in that area when I look at the squad. Eriksen the obvious one but doesn't seem to have a lot of movement on that front at the moment.

So there's a lack of leadership but spurs have Conte, a real leader

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight :pochrolleyes:
TBH, I don't think most of the football world see's Conte as our actual manager, they see him as our caretaker that is just here for a season.

Really hope he signs a long term contract when he extends.

TBH, I don't think most of the football world see's Conte as our actual manager, they see him as our caretaker that is just here for a season.

Really hope he sings a long term contract when he extends.
He’s our manager. It’s about the here and now rather than what was or what might be in 12 months. I’d love to see him sign up long term, but he doesn’t tend to do long term. So enjoy it while it blazes and be prepared for him to vanish as unexpectedly as his arrival.

Loads of variety in goals

Love how good he is in the air and all the scrappy effort goals. We have so much class and skill with Kane, Son, and Kulusevski adding an absolute bulldog alongside them makes so much sense. And he’s still very skilled.

I'm telling you, we are going to looove this guy. Just a proper good bloke, who also leaves it all on the pitch and is a quality player. Not sure what more you can ask.

He reminds me a lot of Lamela in his shithousery, all out effort, and the way Everton fans worship him.

Except he’s better and not permacrocked.

Love how good he is in the air and all the scrappy effort goals. We have so much class and skill with Kane, Son, and Kulusevski adding an absolute bulldog alongside them makes so much sense. And he’s still very skilled.
TBF, for £60m you'd expect a considerable amount of skill and technique to go with the effort. I think he does somewhat fall short in that regard. If he doesn't improve his ability on the ball with us, the £60m will look very expensive.

TBF, for £60m you'd expect a considerable amount of skill and technique to go with the effort. I think he does somewhat fall short in that regard. If he doesn't improve his ability on the ball with us, the £60m will look very expensive.
hes not bad at all technically, uses both feet when he dribbles, can score with both feet, hes decent. his on the ball quality will naturally look a lot better now hes around better players. hes actually a very well rounded forward, you cant say hes poor in any major aspect...uses both feet, can head, isnt weak, isnt slow, isnt timid. haven't watched him enough to see what his decision making is really like, but he ticks all the quick glance boxes anyway.

I heavily disagree tbh. His scoring record for a 25 year old in 5 prem seasons is exceptional. And he’s been playing with dross. Think he could easily threaten 20 goals in all comps next season.

Looks like our transfer business this summer on Day 20 after the Window opened looking like :

1 Ivan Perisic, ✔️
2 Fraser Forster, ✔️
3 Yves Bissouma, ✔️
4 Richarlison de Antrade , ✔️ (Per Fabrizio Romano and other social media)
5 Djed Spence - Work in Progress
6 Clement Lenglet - Work in Progress
7 2nd CB, still to be identified ?

Other targets could include another RWB, CM/AM .........

10 days to go until the South Korea tour starts ....... and 2 months before the transfer window closes.

Excellent progress so far !

hes not bad at all technically, uses both feet when he dribbles, can score with both feet, hes decent. his on the ball quality will naturally look a lot better now hes around better players. hes actually a very well rounded forward, you cant say hes poor in any major aspect...uses both feet, can head, isnt weak, isnt slow, isnt timid. haven't watched him enough to see what his decision making is really like, but he ticks all the quick glance boxes anyway.
Not bad, but not £60m good either. Yes he uses both feet dribble, but he's not a great dribbler, one footed Kulu, who we're buying for £40m is probably better.

He can shoot with both feet, has a decent rate of finishing but not especially clinical. He practically doesn't score from outside the box.

He's definitely well rounded, his heading ability, and movement in the box definitely stand out.

Your point about his on the ball ability looking better with better players is pretty much what I said.

I heavily disagree tbh. His scoring record for a 25 year old in 5 prem seasons is exceptional. And he’s been playing with dross. Think he could easily threaten 20 goals in all comps next season.
Not really the part of his game I was talking about. If he plays with Kane/Kulu, he can definitely get a lot of goals cos he has great movement in the box, and doesn't generally do a lot of Sterling type point blank misses.

However, he may be a bit of a deluxe Moura in terms of creating chances for others. He doesn't seem to have a great range of passing, his contribution in that regard will be more through physically wearing out CBs, pinning defenders, dummy runs etc. to create space.

Yeah, I really hope this doesn't blow up in our face . Hopefully a gruelling pre-season and change of scenery can get him back to where he was.. playing in a back three and training under Conte has made Dier/Davies/Sanchez look a lot better than they've been in recent years. I understand the pessimism, but I could see it working out.
Dier and Romero yes. Sanchez and royal are just a car crash waiting to happen. Get rid of them and find a van dyke kind of defender to push dier to keep his place. we have a real issue from set pieces

Not bad, but not £60m good either. Yes he uses both feet dribble, but he's not a great dribbler, one footed Kulu, who we're buying for £40m is probably better.

He can shoot with both feet, has a decent rate of finishing but not especially clinical. He practically doesn't score from outside the box.

He's definitely well rounded, his heading ability, and movement in the box definitely stand out.

Your point about his on the ball ability looking better with better players is pretty much what I said.
60m for brazils #9 whos 25 years old can never be bad business can it.

end of the day we can only speculate now, after his first 45 playing with the big boys we will have much more of an idea.

its already been an unbelievable window. signed two premier league clubs best players in bissouma and richarlison. doesnt even look like we are done, looks like another 2 at least. since conte has come in with this window and bent and kulu, the team and squad has been massively upgraded.

Back
Top Bottom