Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dier and Romero yes. Sanchez and royal are just a car crash waiting to happen. Get rid of them and find a van dyke kind of defender to push dier to keep his place. we have a real issue from set pieces

Sanchez was very good in place of Romero last season. His problem has always been positioning; as he often gets drawn out to the right. Playing in a back 3 seems to suit him better in this regard.

As a backup right footed CB, I am not convinced we could improve on Sanchez with a player that is happy to play 2nd fiddle to Romero.

Destroying the clubs long term finances to sign raphinha and a 40 year old Lewandowski. This is the way

Old School Yes GIF
Levy should take note!
:levylol:

60m for brazils #9 whos 25 years old can never be bad business can it.

end of the day we can only speculate now, after his first 45 playing with the big boys we will have much more of an idea.

its already been an unbelievable window. signed two premier league clubs best players in bissouma and richarlison. doesnt even look like we are done, looks like another 2 at least. since conte has come in with this window and bent and kulu, the team and squad has been massively upgraded.
National team stuff doesn't have any bearing for me. You could say "60m not bad for Italy's starting #9", but we know that would be a bogus argument, even though they won the Euros.

Some aspects of the game can be judged regardless of team quality. For example, Son's ability to score bangers is evident regardless of team quality.

Richarlison will be better for us in general, because even as technically unremarkable player with good instincts in the box, he'll get a LOT more chances to score. He won't automatically become a better dribbler, that's something for him to work on.

Looks like our transfer business this summer on Day 20 after the Window opened looking like :

1 Ivan Perisic, ✔️
2 Fraser Forster, ✔️
3 Yves Bissouma, ✔️
4 Richarlison de Antrade , ✔️ (Per Fabrizio Romano and other social media)
5 Djed Spence - Work in Progress
6 Clement Lenglet - Work in Progress
7 2nd CB, still to be identified ?

Other targets could include another RWB, CM/AM .........

10 days to go until the South Korea tour starts ....... and 2 months before the transfer window closes.

Excellent progress so far !

Haven’t had to sell a single player in order to do all of the above

Looks like our transfer business this summer on Day 20 after the Window opened looking like :

1 Ivan Perisic, ✔️
2 Fraser Forster, ✔️
3 Yves Bissouma, ✔️
4 Richarlison de Antrade , ✔️ (Per Fabrizio Romano and other social media)
5 Djed Spence - Work in Progress
6 Clement Lenglet - Work in Progress
7 2nd CB, still to be identified ?

Other targets could include another RWB, CM/AM .........

10 days to go until the South Korea tour starts ....... and 2 months before the transfer window closes.

Excellent progress so far !
Really good window so far. Perisic, Bissouma and Richarlison are not only good players, but players with great mentality and a proven track record. Very low chance of them failing to replicate the output for their previous clubs.

More than another CB, I'm hoping we secure a b2b CM who excels in the final third, and a third attacking bench player to go with Lucas and Richarlison

National team stuff doesn't have any bearing for me. You could say "60m not bad for Italy's starting #9", but we know that would be a bogus argument, even though they won the Euros.

Some aspects of the game can be judged regardless of team quality. For example, Son's ability to score bangers is evident regardless of team quality.

Richarlison will be better for us in general, because even as technically unremarkable player with good instincts in the box, he'll get a LOT more chances to score. He won't automatically become a better dribbler, that's something for him to work on.
brazils #9 is a little different to any others tho. most successful football nation on the planet, known for playing attacking football, youre talking about their hitman. its always going to be a prestigious shirt.

italys main CB is more of a statement than their number 9 lol

richarldson is a great signing finally someone to keep harry kane company in the box when we play those teams that like to defend with 11 now we have someone other than harry to cross the ball to.

Premier League Celebration GIF by MolaTV

richarldson is a great signing finally someone to keep harry kane company in the box when we play those teams that like to defend with 11 now we have someone other than harry to cross the ball to.

Premier League Celebration GIF by MolaTV

I think our problem isn't so much the teams that sit back, it's the ones like Brighton who pressure our back line and cut off the midfield. Could have prime Messi and Ronaldo in the box, but they'd never see the ball.

Sanchez was very good in place of Romero last season. His problem has always been positioning; as he often gets drawn out to the right. Playing in a back 3 seems to suit him better in this regard.

As a backup right footed CB, I am not convinced we could improve on Sanchez with a player that is happy to play 2nd fiddle to Romero.
Very good? Overreaction. People never learn. Sanchez is a car crash.

Tbh, I would say a lot of people have fallen into the same trap with Dier. Can be solid as a rock for 5 games then brain fart so hard he shits himself.
Sure, but Dier played whole season and he was really good/solid.

Sanchez played couple of games as starter and in some he was good in some he was dhaky as always. I don’t rate him one bit.

When he did get significant game time next to Jan when Toby was injured, we had the best defence in the league.
I know he's not everybody's cup of tea, but I think Sanchez is decent back up. He's now 26 so coming into his prime, and I can't think of that many CBs being the finished article younger than that. He does not seem to have an attitude problem; and didn't throw his toys out when fans were getting on his back. If he does get game time this coming season it looks like he will have better players around him. and now has a much better DM in front of him. I understand the criticism of him and can see flaws in his game (positional awareness, lack of composure, flat footed etc) but still wouldn't be a player I'd look to move on until we see how any potential new CB signings settle in at the club.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom