Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This window as the potential to be the very best ever of the Enic era. Until July is easily the best. And we are not spending the money of selling one of our best players. A big plus.
I've only just sussed out your profile picture as I've only just started watching The Boys this week lol.
I know you're not English, but even you must know his Mockney accent is "diabolical"

This window as the potential to be the very best ever of the Enic era. Until July is easily the best. And we are not spending the money of selling one of our best players. A big plus.

Yeh it was shaping up to be that way and then someone told me this is happening:

champions league dancing GIF by BT Sport

I've only just sussed out your profile picture as I've only just started watching The Boys this week lol.
I know you're not English, but even you must know his Mockney accent is "diabolical"
The accent gets worse with every season. The current season has devolved to pythonesque levels of silliness.

The accent gets worse with every season. The current season has devolved to pythonesque levels of silliness.

Most of the time he just sounds like what he is .. a New Zealander. Then occasionally it's like he remembers he's meant to be playing a Brit and overdoes it. I guess to most people outside the U.K the New Zealand/Australian/Brit accents don't all sound too different.

I don’t really see why Lingard would come here. He could barely get a sniff at United and with all our attacking players it would even worse for him here. I can only see him coming if we sell Lucas.
The chance to work with Conte would be a major reason plus champions league football.

Thoughts on RWB……. :sonhmm:

It would seem from our many, ambitious and early dealings that Conte wants to go for a title this season and ENIC is backing him.

That’s fantastic.

We’ve strengthened some “weak” positions (CM and LWB) and even some strong positions (£60m Richarlison is in no way a guaranteed starter because of Kane-Son-Kulu).

That’s fantastic.

But it leaves me puzzled about our RWB-strategy.

We seem to be getting Spence, a promising young player, which in itself is great.

In addition, we have Emerson and Doherty. They’ve both had some good and bad spells, but I don’t think either would be considered good enough to start in a title-chasing PL team. And as for Spence, I don’t think anyone would demand or expect that he can jump from the Championship to the first 11 in a title-chasing PL team.

So, although I basically like all 3, it just seems like our strategy for RWB is a bit disjointed from the rest of the strategy. It would make the most sense to get a better RWB than to get more RWB’s this season.

Or is it just me?:avbcringe:

Disclaimer: Very happy with this window so far, just digging into the finer details here.

Thoughts on RWB……. :sonhmm:

It would seem from our many, ambitious and early dealings that Conte wants to go for a title this season and ENIC is backing him.

That’s fantastic.

We’ve strengthened some “weak” positions (CM and LWB) and even some strong positions (£60m Richarlison is in no way a guaranteed starter because of Kane-Son-Kulu).

That’s fantastic.

But it leaves me puzzled about our RWB-strategy.

We seem to be getting Spence, a promising young player, which in itself is great.

In addition, we have Emerson and Doherty. They’ve both had some good and bad spells, but I don’t think either would be considered good enough to start in a title-chasing PL team. And as for Spence, I don’t think anyone would demand or expect that he can jump from the Championship to the first 11 in a title-chasing PL team.

So, although I basically like all 3, it just seems like our strategy for RWB is a bit disjointed from the rest of the strategy. It would make the most sense to get a better RWB than to get more RWB’s this season.

Or is it just me?:avbcringe:

Disclaimer: Very happy with this window so far, just digging into the finer details here.
Spence obviously has the HG factor, but I agree.

Is there a top/good RWB available ?

I mean one that is way above what we have and is affordable ?
I've no idea myself.

No. Some of us have better things to do than get battered and act like a total cock and proclaim "it was a good time"
Perhaps my definition of these people is different. But ask yourself, would you want to be classed in the same bracket at Wilshire?

Calm down dear, i was only saying i liked having a laugh with my mates.

I've posted on here before about a time i met Wilshire and his mates at a Libertines gig in Hyde Park..... Shortarsed little twat, with his mates twatted off their face, him giving it the big do you know who i am. Wanker

Absolutely can't stand lad-ism btw

Spence obviously has the HG factor, but I agree.

Is there a top/good RWB available ?

I mean one that is way above what we have and is affordable ?
I've no idea myself.
I think it’s the HG factor that will determine quite a lot. We need some in, especially if we ship some out, which looks highly likely. It’s a pain in the arse but other teams seem to manage it so we will have to wait and see. I’m certain that Fab & Conte have got it all planned out.
:contepray:

Back
Top Bottom