Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

https://mobile.twitter.com/WhoScored
WhoScored.com
@WhoScored

Eric Dier hasn't committed a single error leading to an opposition goal in his last 110 Premier League appearances dating back to February 2018 (vs Liverpool)

9:10 AM · May 24, 2022·TweetDeck

No idea if this is true, but saw it last week. Surprised if it actually is, but would certainly go against perception. Mine included.

I would have said he was at least partially responsible for the Trossard goal at home to Brighton.

Some insular English people think America has 1 accent in much the same way Americans think all of Britain (4 countries!) have one accent.
Truth is, accents change over very, very short distances.

True but it’s the nature of difference. A Texan accent, Mid West and New York accent are different from each other but they still have a degree of similarity in terms of inflection.

A Glaswegian, Scouse, West Country and Cockney accent have almost no similarity. There is just greater difference.

It's ben a few hours

Either you know or you don't.

gimme more GIF

You'd almost forget we've signed Perisic, who like Benzema/Lewandowski/Modric seems to have hit a second late-career peak. Very excited to see him play for us.

True but it’s the nature of difference. A Texan accent, Mid West and New York accent are different from each other but they still have a degree of similarity in terms of inflection.

A Glaswegian, Scouse, West Country and Cockney accent have almost no similarity. There is just greater difference.
I'd say America as almost as diverse tbh

Thoughts on RWB……. :sonhmm:

It would seem from our many, ambitious and early dealings that Conte wants to go for a title this season and ENIC is backing him.

That’s fantastic.

We’ve strengthened some “weak” positions (CM and LWB) and even some strong positions (£60m Richarlison is in no way a guaranteed starter because of Kane-Son-Kulu).

That’s fantastic.

But it leaves me puzzled about our RWB-strategy.

We seem to be getting Spence, a promising young player, which in itself is great.

In addition, we have Emerson and Doherty. They’ve both had some good and bad spells, but I don’t think either would be considered good enough to start in a title-chasing PL team. And as for Spence, I don’t think anyone would demand or expect that he can jump from the Championship to the first 11 in a title-chasing PL team.

So, although I basically like all 3, it just seems like our strategy for RWB is a bit disjointed from the rest of the strategy. It would make the most sense to get a better RWB than to get more RWB’s this season.

Or is it just me?:avbcringe:

Disclaimer: Very happy with this window so far, just digging into the finer details here.
The lack of quality RB/RWB available has been mentioned before. And the few quality RW/RWBs around are, of course, taken by top clubs.
And Spurs' apparent top-targe, Livramento, got a long-term injury that rules him out well into next season.
So the market is to blame in this case and not Spurs. Fortunately or unfortunately one can't just manifest top RWBs out of thin air.

Not referring to diversity I am referring to the scale of difference.
I just meant they have a lot of diversity in their accents. Not so much all the different types of people that contributed to it.
I guess the difference with American accent diversity compared to ours, is that in Britain there are unique words from town to town. Americans tend to say the same words but in a different way

Back
Top Bottom