Premier League star arrested on suspicion of rape

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have no clue about the legal implications of what you lot are discussing here? Do I need to lock this?

As long as people don't claim they know who it is and drop names and people simply only discuss the story as the media report it's fine as far as I'm aware

Plenty of other forums locking it down though so

No one has actually named the alleged suspect in this thread on this case. They have mainly speculated who it is not. There has been also lots of sympathy for the victim or victims.
There's technically not a victim as these are accusations I repeat some one accused Benzema of statutory rape of a minor. If you think this conversation is being handled sensibly your thicker than Admin.

At the moment no one has accused anyone there has been speculation on this thread if you go on the Woolwich mania thread you will see people naming who they suspect. Least unlike Spurscommunity you are not banning people from talking about it.

Honestly if he did that it would be entirely reasonable. Lots of posts in this thread veer in to libel territory and aren't a good look.

I imagine most forums are banning discussion on this just to be careful. Can't blame any site owners for doing so, it's really dodgy ground.

This i being handled poorly by the authorities. How come Greenwood was mentioned as soon as he was arrested? or Bissouma?
They secrets and radio silence are what is causing the uproar and speculating. Innocent people are wrongfully being named and it could easily stop if it's announced who has been arrested.

This i being handled poorly by the authorities. How come Greenwood was mentioned as soon as he was arrested? or Bissouma?
They secrets and radio silence are what is causing the uproar and speculating. Innocent people are wrongfully being named and it could easily stop if it's announced who has been arrested.

Neither names were 'broken' by the police or mainstream media.

Wanting the police to name names of arrestees is a morally bad call and a legal minefield.

I have no clue about the legal implications of what you lot are discussing here? Do I need to lock this?
I don't see how you or the website can be held liable for any comment by a user. If that's the case you might as well shut down all social media platforms.

So long as you personally, or in a professional capacity claim player x,y, or z did it, what would they accuse you of?

Honestly if he did that it would be entirely reasonable. Lots of posts in this thread veer in to libel territory and aren't a good look.

I imagine most forums are banning discussion on this just to be careful. Can't blame any site owners for doing so, it's really dodgy ground.
It's hilarious someone actually said oh amateur lawyers it looks fine !!! Really !! Can these people read?

There's technically not a victim as these are accusations I repeat some one accused Benzema of statutory rape of a minor. If you think this conversation is being handled sensibly your thicker than Admin.

Apologies for not being a legal expert. If this is your field and you're suggesting I lock the thread then I'll happily do so.

How does this sort of stuff work then? I can find plenty of "Benzima is a nonce" tweets.

I don't see how you or the website can be held liable for any comment by a user. If that's the case you might as well shut down all social media platforms.

So long as you personally, or in a professional capacity claim player x,y, or z did it, what would they accuse you of?

Twitter get held responsible under publishing laws.

If I was an indie forum I'd be nervous to say the least.

Greenwood stuff was leaked online so it was clearly him & the Bissouma stuff wasn't rape he was accused of sexual assault

The metro article I read says the incident happened him Marbella, you don't have to be a detective to put it together at this point.

Dreadful stuff, really hope the victim gets the justice they deserve. Difficult to see how said football club can him have play, train travel given the severity of these accusations ?

Greenwood stuff was leaked online so it was clearly him & the Bissouma stuff wasn't rape he was accused of sexual assault
Doesn't matter if it was or wasn't rape. He was still named straight away. This stops bringing others nto the equation.
Innocent folk like Ben Davies have had to prove it wasn't them whilst he should be enjoying a stress free honeymoon.

You can't read then. They have done just that. There's more naming names than under Mccarthy. Prehaps have a chat with Benzema's lawyers about there pro status....😑
Don’t be such a fucking cry baby. Someone asked if Benzema had done something like this previously someone else mentioned someone else. None of which relate to an ongoing case, or this case. It’s just nobodies (no offence) talking shit on the Internet. It’s not like it’s Robert Peston or Piers Morgan tweeting it out as if it’s fucking gospel.

So many pearl clutching wets in this thread, virtue signalling about how awful it is that we are even discussing this openly. I mean, how fucking dare we.

The vast majority in this thread are talking about what’s already out there. No one is doing anything illegal whatsoever.

Doesn't matter if it was or wasn't rape. He was still named straight away. This stops bringing others nto the equation.
Innocent folk like Ben Davies have had to prove it wasn't them whilst he should be enjoying a stress free honeymoon.

He wasn't named straight away..... it was deduced by the general public.

He literally was accused of statutory rape with Ribery. The French courts dismissed the case because there was no proof that they would know the person in question was underage. They also never admitted to sleeping with the prostitutes. I found most people on this thread have been very careful because these are serious legal matters.

The comparisons made that in the past accusations have not led to convictions in a lot of these cases. It is hard to write off the victims in most these cases as liars but Rape has an incredibly high level on the burden of proof because generally it becomes a he said she said.

I know about the Benzema one because I posted about the accusation, then someone said it was Ribery so I looked at what actually happened.

The fact is as long as you are not saying that the accused did something or imply the someone did something you are not breaking Libel. It is also better discussing something here and being careful about it than talking to people on Twitter which is filled with people who are not willing to have a discussion.

Back
Top Bottom