Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sorry but can we keep all the chavski / other teams transfer talk in the other teams transfer thread please.

It’s annoying as fuck opening this thread to read spurs related transfer shit and have to wade through a ton of posts about the scum and the chavs.

Can i just leave this one here...

SPORT-PREVIEW-Raphinha-1.jpg
images
Chelsea-boss-Thomas-Tuchel-looking-worried.jpg

Time for Levy to show up unannounced in Torino (like he did for Sonny) and plop down a briefcase with 45M. "Do you want all this right fucking now or in 5 annual payments starting next year?!?"
Let’s. just Keep Baldy out of it, I think Paratici seems to be doing a great job . Levy should stick to running the non football side of things. 22 years is a long enough trial to prove it‘s not his strong point

Do we need another CB?

Seems to be a narrative building on twitter that our fans aren't happy right now because we 'missed out' on Koulibaly.

Would you be happy to go into the season with our current defence or do we need another?

People keep saying we have had a great window but I have my doubts. The best 11 players we finished the season with are still the best 11 in my opinion. You could argue Perisic is better than Sess but how many games will he be fit for? You could argue that Bissouma is better than Hojberg but will he be as consistent? Richarleson instead of our front 3? No thanks. Lenglet in over Davis? No way! At the start of the window we needed two world class wingbacks. Well, we still do. It’s very important in the system Conte wants to play so he will feel gutted

People keep saying we have had a great window but I have my doubts. The best 11 players we finished the season with are still the best 11 in my opinion. You could argue Perisic is better than Sess but how many games will he be fit for? You could argue that Bissouma is better than Hojberg but will he be as consistent? Richarleson instead of our front 3? No thanks. Lenglet in over Davis? No way! At the start of the window we needed two world class wingbacks. Well, we still do. It’s very important in the system Conte wants to play so he will feel gutted
Bissouma is better than Hojbjerg, who in my opinion was actually wildly inconsistent last season. Perisic is on a completely different level than Sessegnon, he's only missed 3 games through injury in each of the last two seasons. We've always had a really good starting XI, what we've missed has been depth - signings like Richarlison and Lenglet provide that. I kind of get your point but think we've been clever, for me at the moment assuming our last signing is Spence it would be an 7.5/10 window. Missing out on Bastoni/Gvardiol is a blow but we'll go again for them next year, tbh I would have preferred someone better than Spence at RWB but there don't look to be too many top quality players available in that position.

Very interested to see who we target when we move on Rodon/Japhet. I haven't a clue.
I don’t see us signing a centre back unless they both leave, and I don’t think there’s anything I’m the Tanganga rumours which all seem to originate from Italian click bait websites.
Do we need another CB?

Seems to be a narrative building on twitter that our fans aren't happy right now because we 'missed out' on Koulibaly.

Would you be happy to go into the season with our current defence or do we need another?
I’d personally be happy but equally I understand why people are hankering for a Romero type signing. However, I think Lenglet was signed precisely to take the pressure off needing to make that signing, because he at the very least gives us a full complement of centre backs now in the instance that we can’t get one.

As for Koulibaly, he is going to be very good for Chelsea I imagine, but his salary is rumoured to be £10m net - so £370k pw gross, and on a 5 year contract. That’s obscene and if true, plus the rumoured £35m transfer fee, Chelsea are looking at committing to a £135m+ outlay over 5 years for someone already 31.

Last edited:
Do we need another CB?

Missed out?!

They are paying him around £200k net per week.

I’d be more pissed off if we had paid that for him

Missed out?!

They are paying him around £200k net per week.

I’d be more pissed off if we had paid that for him

That's why I put it in quotes...;)

Our fans seem to think we dropped a bollock because he would have been perfect, not for that sort of money, very short term thinking.

Last edited:

This is all Conte's personal choices so I don't see why he will feel gutted.

People do this all the time with Conte, they think he's needs worldies and established names but we've seen time and time again he doesn't need to work with the best players, what he needs are players who fit his profile and mentality and structure and we've seen the results.

And it still surprises me that those very same people were saying the same things about the likes of Dier, Doherty and Davies etc...last season, you're doubting Lenglet now and say he's not better than Davies but what would you have said about Davies last season, what do you think is going to happen with Lenglet this season?

You should focus on what the management want not what you wished for.

People do this all the time with Conte, they think he's needs worldies and established names but we've seen time and time again he doesn't need to work with the best players, what he needs are players who fit his profile and mentality and structure and we've seen the results.

And it still surprises me that those very same people were saying the same things about the likes of Dier, Doherty and Davies etc...last season, you're doubting Lenglet now and say he's not better than Davies but what would you have said about Davies last season, what do you think is going to happen with Lenglet this season?

Yep time and again they do it. It’s a good reason why not to listen to fans on twitter too. In the main they are immature reactionary bellends

Do we need another CB?

I would ignore anything to do with ‘our fans’ and twitter.

They’re never fucking happy on there.

Conte in no way feels gutted so why make that up?

I’m really sorry to do this but…everything in your post is nonsense.

Our starting XI is WAY improved now. 🙄

The fact that we have left Regulion at home and are open to offers for Royal tells me everything I need to know about what Conte is after thanks.

Back
Top Bottom