Other Team Transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He doesn’t want United, but someone else might be getting a huge bargain with De Jong as Barca might have to sell cheaper to a club De Jong won’t mind going to.

He doesn’t want United, but someone else might be getting a huge bargain with De Jong as Barca might have to sell cheaper to a club De Jong won’t mind going to.

Maybe we should go for him. We got money to burn, and maybe we ca ln get him accept a lower wage.

With Bissouma behind him, he can play the ball progressing cm role more freely.

Maybe we should go for him. We got money to burn, and maybe we ca ln get him accept a lower wage.

With Bissouma behind him, he can play the ball progressing cm role more freely.
De Jong is not leaving until Barca pay him the 17 mil that they owe him. He's made that abundantly clear. He just bought a house in Barcelona as well.

He has no interest in leaving.

De Jong is not leaving until Barca pay him the 17 mil that they owe him. He's made that abundantly clear. He just bought a house in Barcelona as well.

He has no interest in leaving.

I get that he wants them to pay what they owe him, but how can he play for a club knowing that they don't really want you, and would rather sign other players and throw silly money around rather than pay you?

Unless he's a bit simple he should have every interest in leaving as they're making him look a right melt.

I get that he wants them to pay what they owe him, but how can he play for a club knowing that they don't really want you, and would rather sign other players and throw silly money around rather than pay you?

Unless he's a bit simple he should have every interest in leaving as they're making him look a right melt.

Wrong.

He's making THEM look right melts.

And no, why the fuck should he leave until he's paid what he is owed?

This is all on Barcelona, actually, thinking it's ok to go spending big money on players when they owe millions to current ones.

You're bang out of order calling him simple etc...and you're wrong. End of story.

Wrong.

This is all on Barcelona, actually, thinking it's ok to go spending big money on players when they owe millions to current ones.

You're bang out of order calling him simple etc...and you're wrong. End of story.
When you think about it, though FDJ wanted to play at Barca with all the Cruyff-Ajax Barca shit, he was also gazumped from us based on those promised wages. It would be quite galling to have them renege on their deal with him.

I've not watched him at Barca and don't really know his suitability to the PL but I was appreciative of his efforts at Ajax. I do think that no matter what deal could be hashed out now it would be too expensive and I doubt his suitability for Conte unless he'd move to a 352...which I wouldn't complain about at all. But as a general rule of thumb I don't like taking players 'on the way down'. They have too much entitlement. They need to come to grips with reality before they start performing again. Surprised City aren't in for him. If he has or could add some physical presence there are similarities to Gundagon (sp?) IMO.

When you think about it, though FDJ wanted to play at Barca with all the Cruyff-Ajax Barca shit, he was also gazumped from us based on those promised wages. It would be quite galling to have them renege on their deal with him.

I've not watched him at Barca and don't really know his suitability to the PL but I was appreciative of his efforts at Ajax. I do think that no matter what deal could be hashed out now it would be too expensive and I doubt his suitability for Conte unless he'd move to a 352...which I wouldn't complain about at all. But as a general rule of thumb I don't like taking players 'on the way down'. They have too much entitlement. They need to come to grips with reality before they start performing again. Surprised City aren't in for him. If he has or could add some physical presence there are similarities to Gundagon (sp?) IMO.

I’m really surprised Chelsea aren’t all over him. But yeah, City too.

Wrong.

My point is that even if they pay him, they have clearly shown that the don't really value him. So why would he want to stay and play for a club that put other players/signings above you? Surely his only option now is to leave sooner or later, though not necessarily to United.

My point is that even if they pay him, they have clearly shown that the don't really value him. So why would he want to stay and play for a club that put other players/signings above you? Surely his only option now is to leave sooner or later, though not necessarily to United.

I get it, I do.

But if they owe him the amount that's being bandied about...it's not exactly small change. I don't blame him for insisting on being paid it.

Barca are a disgrace and I hope their shithouse club goes bust.

There is an astonishing level of entitlement from Barca that they can spend vast money on new players and think it ok to not pay and fuck off their current players. A sort of we are so big we don’t have to pay your wages your just lucky to be here mentality.

Dembele had a similar situation and just signed a new deal.

Why would you want to leave Barca when you're getting paid £350k a week? :gallashmm:

Would be a decent signing

Had read that Palace were thinking about him. I imagine he looked at Mitchell and Zaha (still there) and realized the minutes would be scarce. Still would have been a decent bargain pickup for them as I love a reclamation project and he's had a down year and a half since his entre on the scene.

No- said he needed to go & wouldn't play again , attacked him in the press over wages and other stuff. Basically tried to make him the cunt for making barca honour the contract they signed

Urrrrggghhhhhh.

Barca: Scumbags.
Dembele: You're already minted....... Have some self-respect, man!

Really interesting situation there.

Barca have acted egregiously. They’re basically trying to get around paying Frenkie his deferred wages by terminating his contract (via transfer) while signing shiny new toys.

It’s a World Cup year and LVG has said he wants all his players to be playing regularly to merit consideration for the squad. Barca are threatening to bench Frenkie. Advantage Barca
But:
Barca have signed Raphina, Lewa and Kounde with two other signings in the works but can’t register them unless Frenkie agrees to take a massive wage cut. I’d say Game, Set and Match to Frenkie.

Back
Top Bottom