Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

James Garner spent 21/22 on loan at Notts Forest playing 49 times scoring 6 goals, and spent previous season half playing for Watford, half season for Notts Forest.

Age 21, E u21.

Made a couple of appearances for Man U and now, it appears saying 'sell me to Notts Forest or play me' ........ possibly why we are linked as its known we want an AM (although Garner may be more of a DM). ManU value at £14m apparently.

I assume we watched Spence at Notts Forest last season and so will also have seen Garner

Anybody who has seen him play with more info ?
I've seen him play for England U21s. And also one game for united against us in U23's.

He's not bad, similar to Gilmour and Bowden.

Gets forward more than those 2. But he's not going to get in ahead of any of our current CMs.

Skipp is miles better than him and Garner has taken over his position in the England U21s. Skipp keeps the ball better, tackles better, covers ground off the ball (fills in gaps and tracks runners) better. Not much between them in terms of passing, Garner more a goal threat though.

Other thing I would say is that Jacob Ramsey was the best central midfielder for the England U21s.

A midfield of Skipp, Garner and Ramsey would have been good if they were all similar age.

Problem is we have lots of options coming through but will be lucky if 1 gets through.

Harvey has been promoted to first team. Devine still in u23's and for me Bowden can really be useful. Not sure where garner would feature in 5 years time.

We also have Skipp and Sarr.

If United value Garner at 15 mill. I wouldn't pay it.

Last edited:
I

I see that we have been linked to Matheus Nunes anyone know if he would be a good signing. I do not follow the Portugese League so I have no clue if he is any good?

>checks date of tweet
>March 14th

steve stoute page GIF

Re: James Garner. United is such a badly run club at this point in time that it makes me want to take a punt on their youth. It would be very them to have someone walk away and later turn into a world beater.

:dembelelol:
manure are probably selling to raise cash to blow on ridiculous demands from Frenkie de Jong's agent, to go with his ridiculous salary, preposterous deferred salary and crazy transfer fee.

Because.... Erik just has to have Frenkie to continue his Ajax total football experiment.

But once manure have established the insane transfer deal, the chavs will sign de Jong anyway as they offer CL football.

They're doomed to mediocrity.

Also, historically manure have had the pick of elite young talent from around the world, and very little has made it into their first team since Fergie's local lads.

I'd rather just give Alfie Devine minutes than sign James Garner.

What's the point!?
It wont happen. We're not paying £18m for a 5th choice central midfielder when we have Sarr and Devine coming through. Also from the players point of view whats in it for him? At 21 i'm sure he now wants to play not be even further down the pecking order than he is at Utd. It will be a Leeds, Southampon type that gets him.

What about Sancho?
Somehow getting Rashford and Sancho clicking again is the only hope of United remaining relevant this season- there's no chance of them selling either right now. And no matter how badly they are doing, they will still always consider us too dangerous a rival to sell to. Theres basically no chance of us ever doing a good value deal with them. Not even worth thinking about. When it comes to Utd, just make some more popcorn, grab a sixer and enjoy the show.

Back
Top Bottom