Nottingham Forest VS Tottenham Hotspur. Sunday the 28th August 2022. City Ground 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Take away the penalty and we exceeded xG.

But regardless I didn't mean in terms of finishing off chances. I mean in terms of picking out the correct pass or cross to create an opportunity. When we get in to the opposition's final third we generally make the most of it better than other teams.
Oh please god don't use the arbitrary nonsense that is xG.

You're a smart guy who regularly posts interesting stuff. I'd hope you would be above that ridiculous fad.

Thanks to those of you who gave Forest credit for taking the game to you, especially in the first half.

But some of the posts here are cringeworthy. Just total hyperbole. Embarrassing. Is this what has happened to the PL? The quality of the football has gone up, but so has the level of drivel. Some of you don’t sound like you have the attention span to watch a game for 90 minutes, let alone analyse it properly.
Ignore the more bitter comments.

I think most Spurs fans are very happy to see Forest back in the top division. A great club with great support. Welcome back. You have been missed.

Thanks to those of you who gave Forest credit for taking the game to you, especially in the first half.

But some of the posts here are cringeworthy. Just total hyperbole. Embarrassing. Is this what has happened to the PL? The quality of the football has gone up, but so has the level of drivel. Some of you don’t sound like you have the attention span to watch a game for 90 minutes, let alone analyse it properly.
Same with the cringeworthy nonsense on your shitpit of a forum. It is the fucking Internet get over it.
Especially the general arrogance on there of assuming in a few years you will be a major player - seemingly just because your gluttonous owner will spend some money.

BTW glad to see Forest back in top flight; great club and fans.

Why do fans of teams that have won the European cup sing "Champions of Europe, you'll never sing that?"
When your team wins it, do you suddenly become clairvoyant, gifted with second sight?

I don't think you do, or Real Madrid fans would all be sharing the euro lottery jackpots every week.

Maybe they should sing "Champions of Europe, we once were just that?"

Or for Forest "Champions of Europe, when telly was black and white"

I dunno, he just stuck his leg out, Richarlison saw it coming and made a bit of a meal of it, the reverse angle shows it best here...

We need such players in the team, remember Costa, Drogba, Van nestelr0oy, Luis Suarez....all won trophies....

There’s one thing I’m not having. Forest fans thinking they can use the European cup thing and then using the ‘No trophies’ jokes about us.

Sorry but we do have trophies, many of them, in the historical past.

If we’re not allowed to fall back on talking about those, forest fans don’t get to bang on about European cups.

Sauce for the goose and all that!

That said, despite the pre/post match “banter”, I’m glad Forest are back in the big time. Much prefer them to the likes of Burnley, Norwich etc.

The more I watch it the more amazed I am by the attitude of some of our fans. He's not facing anyone, he's not mocking a specific opponent, he's not in a dangerous position, and he doesn't hold on to the ball and do it for ages until someone takes him out - he does what, 3 keepy-uppies, then lays it off? And yet some of our fans, actual Spurs fans (allegedly), think he is wrong to do that and deserved to get taken out. :(
Haven’t read the full thread …. There are spurs fans … our own …..fans wetting their knickers over one of our players doing 3 keep ups ? Is this right

Give your heads a collective wobble

Haven’t read the full thread …. There are spurs fans … our own …..fans wetting their knickers over one of our players doing 3 keep ups ? Is this right

Give your heads a collective wobble

Yeah it’s weird!

get off Richarlisons case ffs and support our lads!

I hope he and others have stored that ridiculous tackle on their heads for the next time we play forest!

Also is it just me or did forest really start kicking fuck out of us after the pen?

Back
Top Bottom