Is It Time to Remove The Woolwich Filter?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Given the filter removes all links with that teams name in, should it be removed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Come on TFC - it's ridiculous now.
This is an internet site where we can't post any links that include the a-word because the pathetic filter changes it to Woolwich

I mean - it's a word in the dictionary.

Let the users vote. But before you do vote, consider the problems it causes when trying to post links.

Sorry mate, but you're in the minority on this one.

If you want, you can use an abbreviation of that cunt of a word. I don't even use it in real life. Even if it's used for weapons I cringe when I hear it.
You can't post any link that has the a-word in it.
Couldn't even post a story about this weekends match in the match thread because of the daftness of it.

If there's a way to only do it in the message body and to not filter links then fine.
But that seems unlikely.

Utterly daft that you can't post a link on a website.

Come on TFC - it's ridiculous now.
This is an internet site where we can't post any links that include the a-word because the pathetic filter changes it to Woolwich

I mean - it's a word in the dictionary.

Let the users vote. But before you do vote, consider the problems it causes when trying to post links.

Do you just want to log off for the day? Because you're humiliating yourself badly.

Take a break!

Changed to 7 day vote.
Obviously if I'm in the minority then the people have spoken.
They clearly haven't thought before they spoke, but that's the 21st century in a nutshell.

Changed to 7 day vote.
They clearly haven't thought before they spoke, but that's the 21st century in a nutshell.

Ah so anyone who disagrees with your viewpoint on this are wrong, regardless?

Clown Conancon2019 GIF by Team Coco

Changed to 7 day vote.
pot, kettle
coming from one of the most dreadful posters on here

Take a look at yourself before you start criticising other posters - some of us actually support Spurs.

The filter makes me smile. Couldn’t give a shit if it changes any link titles. I’m not that bothered about reading shit concerning that lot anyway and people always find a way to post stuff about them. The laugh at woolwich thread has hundreds of pages.
I’ve also read comments from oppo fans who’ve made guest appearances on here that love how it changes the name to Woolwich.
It stays for me.

What’s ridiculous is that I made two match threads two weeks in a row just so this Matt fella wouldn’t be able to see them as he has me on ignore.

The absolute height of immaturity but I do highly recommend it.

Back
Top Bottom