🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿England v Senegal🇸🇳 7PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Euro 2020 Football GIF by UEFA

Good win.

Really pleased for Kane scoring today, absolute class player like we all know. Bellingham was brilliant, gonna be an absolute star for this England team. Glad Henderson scored and had a good game, he does get abit of unfair stick. He's been part of a Liverpool team which has been one of the best in the world in recent years.

The France game will be mega tough, have a feeling we will go with a back three with Walker dropping in.

Must admit though it's nice seeing so much positivity and confidence from this group of players. That second half was a walk in the park, always the sign of a good team when you make the game look easy.

Sterling and Saka were not playing poorly. That's simply not true so he didn't have to bring Foden in.

Both were shit against USA...... As was Mount.

Mount I agree with. He offers absolutely nothing significant in an attacking sense so playing Bellingham in a deeper role to accommodate him didn't make sense. I suppose he saw it as Phillips not being fit enough and also attempting to phase Henderson out of the starting 11.

Like I've said, Southgate has performed excellently in his role as England manager in what was seen initially as an interm role and was met with ridicule.

Like I said credit WHEN it's due.

(I thought he was brave to not start Rashford tonight, so fair fucks for that.)

As for the intern stuff; meh... The job is the job..... He had his honeymoon period long ago; now it's only right he be judged accordingly. Your closing comment makes it sound like he didn't get us relegated in the nations league and properly fuck up the Euro final.

Has to be Shaw and Walker for the rest of the tournament.

Hope Southgate is brave and sticks with the back 4. If we switch to a 5, we will hand the midfield to France.

Both were shit against USA...... As was Mount.

Like I said credit WHEN it's due.

(I thought he was brave to not start Rashford tonight, so fair fucks for that.)

As for the intern stuff; meh... The job is the job..... He had his honeymoon period long ago; now it's only right he be judged accordingly. Your closing comment makes it sound like he didn't get us relegated in the nations league and properly fuck up the Euro final.
relegated in the nations league hahahahahahahahah who gives a shit. We also played well in the previous one and beat Spain away.

"properly fuck up the Euro final" yeh ok mate. England in a Euro final ffs and losing in a penalty shootout. Yeh what a complete fuck up mate. Semi final of a would cup with a narrow loss as well.

I find it very odd how critical you are in this instance when you literally defend anything and everything any spurs manager/ board member does. I would have thought you would be a bit more appreciative and understanding as you adopt a totally different stance in other instances.

Gotta go with 5 at the back against France. Yes, we lose a fantastic attacking player but if we're not careful the game could be over soon after it has begun. Bring Walker back into a back three to look after Mbappe the best the can which means Trippier for Foden or Saka. With Foden he's one of the best talents in the world so you don't want to be dropping him. But if you drop Saka you lose that pace up top. And playing just two in midfield against France will just give them far too much of the game.

Just watched a re- run of second goal . The way Bellingham ran with the ball , held off the challenges and passed the ball reminded me so much of Moussa Dembele at his best . Wonderful to watch , this lad has got the world at his feet .

Just watched a re- run of second goal . The way Bellingham ran with the ball , held off the challenges and passed the ball reminded me so much of Moussa Dembele at his best . Wonderful to watch , this lad has got the world at his feet .
Strongly linked with Liverpool, got to hope that doesn't happen

Well done England, thought Kane, Bells and Foden were standouts.

Walker is pretty pony going forward and scares the shit out of me sometimes, does some real daft shit at times. Saka will have to work harder than he did tonight going backwards to help Walker out as Bap will turn him inside out. Should be a close game, first team to score may win it...

Has to be Shaw and Walker for the rest of the tournament.

Hope Southgate is brave and sticks with the back 4. If we switch to a 5, we will hand the midfield to France.

As he should you don't need to dominate the midfield to control the game anyway.

Not sure you'd want Mbappe having a free run at that back 4, Senegal and USA got in too easily but couldn't score because they lacked quality, it won't be the same with France.

Well done England, thought Kane, Bells and Foden were standouts.

Walker is pretty pony going forward and scares the shit out of me sometimes, does some real daft shit at times. Saka will have to work harder than he did tonight going backwards to help Walker out as Bap will turn him inside out. Should be a close game, first team to score may win it...
Walker is still elite, can't think of a rb I would rather have on Saturday

Back
Top Bottom